Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL HOMEMADE COOKIES DAY – On this Day is observed annually on October 1. If you looking for an excuse to bake some homemade cookies, look no further. Package them up and share them with neighbors, co-workers, and friends! Can you smell them now? Will it be peanut butter, chocolate chip, or snicker doodle?
- Priyanka, Rahul Gandhi to visit Hathras in UP to meet gangrape victim’s family
- Cybercrimes jumped 64% in 2019, Karnataka worst-hit: NCRB
- ISRO to launch its Venus mission in 2025, France to take part: CNES (French space agency)
- Country received ‘above normal’ rainfall during 4-month (June1-Sept 30) monsoon: IMD
- Bihar assembly polls: JDU may deny tickets to a dozen MLAs to beat anti-incumbency
- Rajasthan govt. to give 30% of the new PDS (public distribution system) shops to women
- Trump claims debate victory; says exposed Biden’s ‘very dangerous agenda’
- US: Citizen Diplomacy Award won by Mohamed Amin Ahmed, founder of Average Mohamed; India’s Sehgal Foundation is co-runner up along with Tempe Sister Cities
- Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf Al Ahmad Al Sabah becomes new ruling emir of Kuwait
- International Translation Day celebrated on September 30; Bible translator St. Jerome is considered patron saint of translators
- Govt waives penalties on e-invoices issued during Oct if cos get reference numbers within 30 days
- Thaawarchand Gehlot launches Ambedkar Social Innovation & Incubation Mission under Venture Capital Fund for SCs
- MG Motor reports 3% dip in retail sales in September
- Mahindra Group appoints Mohit Kapoor as Executive VP, Group CTO
- Custom-made B777 plane for VVIP travel to arrive in India today
- Embassy REIT’s rental collections remained robust for Q2FY21
- NTPC Group clocks 13.3% growth in power generation in July-Sept quarter
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launches new logo of Sports Authority of India
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
CSIR Technologies for Rural Development launched
- Union Minister of Science & Technology Dr Harsh Vardhan launched CSIR Technologies for rural development. CSIR is Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- It is a joint initiative of CSIR, IIT-Delhi, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan and Vijnana Bharti (VIBHA). The initiative was launched during the celebrations of 40th foundation day of CSIR-NISTADS. NISTADS is National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies.
|Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR)||Research institute in New Delhi|
|Head||Shekhar C. Mande|
|Founded||26 September 1942|
Ministry of Housing: 6 Years of Swachh Bharat Mission to be celebrated on Gandhi Jayanti
- On Oct 2, 2020, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is to celebrate six years if Swachh Bharat Mission. The programme was launched on birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi (October 2).
- The mission was launched from Rajghat on October 2, 2014 to achieve the aim of “Clean India” by October 2, 2019 when the country celebrated 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
|Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs Departments||National Institute of Urban Affairs|
|Officeholders||Hardeep Singh Puri (Union Minister), Narendra Singh Tomar (Union Minister)|
Clinical Trial Registry of India: 61.5% of Clinical Trials registered are from AYUSH disciplines
- The Ministry of AYUSH announced that 203 trials were registered in Clinical Trial Registry of India between March and June, 2020. Of this 61.5% were from the AYUSH disciplines.
- Of the total trials registered, 70% were sponsored by the Government of India and various other stakeholders associated with the Ministry of AYUSH. These trials will help the researchers by providing enough information to strategize next course of action. Also, it will help the general public to understand about the contribution of Ayurveda in combating COVID-19.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict: Key Facts, Reasons, Causes, Impact on India
- The territorial dispute between Armenia and Azerbaijan over the Nagorno-Karabakh region has increased recently with heavy clashes.
- Both Armenia & Azerbaijan are a part of the Transcaucasia region. It is the geographical region on the border of Eastern Europe and Western Asia. It consists of Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Indian Coast Guard Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Kanaklata Barua commissioned
- On September 30, 2020, the Indian Coast guard Vessel Kanaklata Barua was commissioned at Kolkata. The commissioning was done through video conferencing.
- The ICGS Kanaklata Barua is one of the five FPVs (Fast Patrol Vessels) built by GRSE (Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers). The GRSE is a Defence Public Sector Undertaking. It was delivered in June, 2020.
|Indian Coast Guard||Armed force|
|Motto: वयम् रक्षाम||(Sanskrit); Vayam Rakṣāmaḥ (ISO); transl. ‘We protect’|
|Director General||Director General Krishnaswamy Natarajan, PTM, TM|
|Headquarters||Ministry of Defence, New Delhi|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Digital arm of Jio Platforms receives Rs 2624.50 cr from Intel Capital, Qualcomm
- Jio Platforms – the digital arm of Reliance Jio -has received Rs 2624.50 Cr from Intel Capital and Qualcomm Asia Pacific.
- “ We are by informed that Jio Platform Limited, a subsidiary of the company received subscription amounts today from the following investors and allotted equity shares to them,” said Jio on Thursday .
- While Intel Capital gets 0.39% of equity , Qualcomm Asia Pacific gets 0.15% in Jio Platform. Intel has invested Rs 1894.50 crore and Qualcomm has put in Rs 1894.50 crore and Qualcomm has put in Rs 730 crore .
|JIO||Indian telecommunications company & subsidiary of Jio Platforms|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
SHUKRAYAAN: ISRO to launch Venus Mission in 2025
- On Sep 30, 2020, the French Space Agency CNES announced that it is to participate in ISRO’s Venus Mission, SHUKRAYAAN that is to be launched in 2025. The ISRO chairman and his French Counter held talks to review the areas of cooperation between the countries.
- VIRAL – Venus Infrared Atmospheric Gases Linker instrument that was co-developed with Russian Federal Space Agency Roscosmos and LATMOS atmospheres. After its Mars orbiter mission, Mangalyaan and moon mission Chandrayaan-1 and Chandrayaan-2, ISRO has now set its eyes on Venus.