Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL MANUFACTURING DAY– On this Day on the 1st Friday in October celebrates those who proudly stand behind our goods and services in America. In the US, we continue to develop products and unlock new technologies growing our economy. Manufacturing businesses create jobs through entrepreneurship, and their competitiveness revitalizes American manufacturing.
Top One-Line Headlines
- Lt Gen Harinder Singh appointed head of the Dehradun-based Indian Military Academy
- TMC MPs stopped from visiting family of Hathras gangrape victim, claims party
- COVID-19: U.S. commits $1.9 million to India to support informal sector workers, micro enterprises
- NCP stand on Maratha quota clear, Ajit Pawar after son’s tweets
- Devyani Khobragade appointed as India’s next ambassador to Cambodia
- Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh get additional borrowing limit of Rs 7,106 crore
- International Day of Older Persons observed on October 1; observance to promote Decade of Healthy Ageing (2020-2030)
- In a first, Defence Ministry places order for 10 lakh hand grenades with private sector company Economic Explosive Limited (EEL)
- India’s contracting economy rebooting from coronavirus blow
- Covid-19: SC orders airlines to pay a 0.5% interest per month on delayed refunds of cancelled tickets
- As India gradually opens up, travellers begin to check in for leisure travel
- Abu Dhabi-based sovereign wealth fund Mubadala Investment Co to pick up 1.4% stake in Reliance Retail
- Shares of Chemcon Speciality Chemicals list at 115% premium over issue price
- Sonalika’s tractor sales jump 46% to 17,704 units in September
- Warburg Pincus to invest Rs 700 crore in low-cost housing finance firm Home First Finance Company
- Maruti Suzuki India’s S-Presso crosses 75,000 unit sales in first year of launch
- Motorcycle maker Royal Enfield sales rise 1% to 60,041 units in September
- Consumer demand and liquidity gradually improving, says SBI and HUL
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
In India, Gandhi Jayanti is observed on 2 October
- Gandhi Jayanti is observed on 2 October. Mahatma Gandhi is known as Father of the Nation. Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated across the country and it is one of the national holidays. Mahatma Gandhi – M.K. Gandhi was born on 2 October 1869. He was known for his non-violence protest during the British rule. He was a leading figure of freedom movements whether in India or South Africa. Major events in the freedom struggle:
- In 1906-07, Satyagraha in South Africa
- In 1910, Satyagraha against emigration and restriction in Natal
- In 1917, Champaran Satyagraha
- In 1917-1918, Kheda Satyagraha
- In 1919, Khilafat Movement
- In 1920, Non-Cooperation Movement
- In 1930, Civil-Disobedience Movement
- In 1942, Quit India Movement
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare: To revamp Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- GoI has framed a Food Safety and Standards (Amendment) Bill, 2020. The bill introduces 70 amendments in the FSSAI act, 2006. It intends to revamp the functioning and jurisdiction of the FSSAI.
|Agency executive||Rita Teaotia (Chairperson)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
China Launched World’s 1st Asteroid Mining Robot
- China is set to launch the first asteroid mining robot in the world by November 2020. The main objective of the mission is to assess capabilities of robots in asteroid mining. The robot will identify and extract valuable resources.
- The robot to be sent has been named “Asteroid Mining Robot”. It is to be launched by a space Start up of China. The robot is to be launched by a Long March Series rocket. The mission will open a trillion dollar industry if it succeeds.
- The start up has also been working on a mission called “Yuanwang-1”
|China||Country in East Asia|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Defence Ministry places 10 lakh hand grenades order with private sector for the first time
- On Oct 1, 2020, the Defence Ministry placed orders with a private firm for the first time. The order has been placed for the supply of 10 lakh hand grenades.
- These grenades will replace the vintage design grenades that are in use. So far, these products were either imported or made by the Ordnance factories.
|Defence Minister||Rajnath Singh|
|Preceding Ministry||Department of Defence (1938–47)|
|Founded||15 August 1947|
|Officeholders||Rajnath Singh (Minister), Subhash Bhamre (Minister of State)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
KVIC organizes 150 programmes to empower artisans
- On the eve of Gandhi Jayanti, the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is to organize a series of 150 mega events. The events are to be held in north eastern states and other states such as Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Jammu and Kashmir, Gujarat and West Bengal.
- These states were selected as they have led the country with highest number of programmes for artisan empowerment.
|Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)||Government ministry|
|Agency executive||Vinai Kumar Saxena (Chairperson)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Hyderabad data center capacity to triple during next 5 & half years ending 2025: JLL
- Hyderabad data center capacity is expected to grow from 32 MW in H1 2020 to 130 MW ending 2025.
- City is likely to attract hyper scalers to various incentives provided for data centers & presence of the global in-house centres, according to JLL’s H1 2020 (re)imagine Data Centers.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
COVID-19: Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) develops “Purified Antisera” as treatment
- ICMR along with Hyderabad based Biological E has developed “Purified Antisera”. The antiserum has been obtained from animals. This is to be used as a prophylaxis and treatment for COVID-19.
- The new therapy works just like that of plasma therapy. But here the plasma is obtained from animals. Antiserum is blood-based serum that holds antibodies against viruses.
- In this new therapy, the serum is raised from horses that have recovered from viral infection and found to hold antibodies against the virus in their system. The antibodies from horses are called “Equine Antisera” and are common.
|Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Secretary and Director General||Dr. Balram Bhargava|
|Founder||Government of India|