Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
World Animal Welfare Day – World Animal Welfare Day is celebrated on 4th October across the world. The day aims to raise awareness about improving the welfare standards of the animals across the world and also to celebrate the relationship between humankind and animal kingdom. It also aims to educate the world and full regard to their welfare.
WORLD SMILE DAY – On this day, first Friday in October, World Smile Day devotes a day to smiles and spreading random acts of kindness. If someone smiles at you, you’re bound to smile back. A smile often expresses a feeling, encouragement to someone, or serves as a greeting. If you don’t smile enough, #WorldSmileDay is the perfect day to start.
- Surface-to-surface nuclear capable hypersonic missile ‘Shaurya’ test fired; strike range: 700-1,000 km
- Army builds memorial for its 20 personnel killed fighting Chinese troops in Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on June 15
- India, Bangladesh hold joint naval exercise ‘Bongosagar’ in Bay of Bengal
- Third edition of India Bangladesh Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) naval exercise to be held on 4-5 October
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath seeks CBI probe; teen’s kin refuse to immerse ashes
- S.S. Kalpana Chawla, a commercial cargo spacecraft bound for ISS (International Space Station), launched by NASA
- India-born US astronaut Kalpana Chawla had died with her six crewmates aboard the space shuttle Columbia in 2003
- EU imposes sanctions against Belarus; wants President Alexander Lukashenko to hold a fresh election
- Actor-producer Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ debut book ‘Unfinished’ to release in January
- Delhi-Mumbai e-way to have India’s first 5 ‘animal bridges’
- HDFC Bank’s Ravi Santhanam in Forbes list of world’s most influential CMOs
- Worst is behind, likely to complete RFL debt restructuring by December: Religare Enterprises chairperson
- Recent jump in auto sales may be due to pent-up demand, not sustainable: MG Motor India
- CIL’s coal allocation to power sector under e-auction rises 8% in April-August
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Jal Shakti Minister presented 2020 Swachh Bharat Awards
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat presented the Swachh Bharat Awards 2020 particularly under the drinking water and cleanliness categories. Awards was given to States, Districts, Blocks & Village Panchayats.
- GoI had earlier launched three missions namely Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya, Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan and Gandagi Mukth Bharat.
|Ministry of Jal Shakti Founded||May 2019|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India-Nepal: 41 ambulances, 6 School Buses donated
- On Oct 2, 2020 Gandhi Jayanti, India donated 41 ambulances & 6 school buses to organizations in the field of health and education in Nepal.
- Since 1994, India has gifted 823 ambulances to Nepal. This is the first time India gifted ambulances in three different categories. They are advanced life support category, common life support ambulances category and basic life support category.
|Prime minister||KP Sharma Oli|
25th Amendment of US Constitution
- The US President Donald Trump and the first lady have tested positive to COVID-19. He is currently treated at the Walter Reed Medical Centre.
- The 74-year-old President is working from the centre. If his health deteriorates, the vice president will take over his role. The provisions to the scenario was provided by the 25th Constitutional Amendment of the US.Before the amendment there was no clarity over the scenario such as vacancy of office of vice president and also over inability of president to discharge his duties and power.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
IIT Kharagpur launches telemedicine software
- KOLKATA: With the COVID-19 pandemic still raging, IIT Kharagpur on Friday launched a telemedicine software which facilitates critical health care support to patients at their doorsteps through remote consultation by a physician.
- The system iMediX which is accessible by any standard internet browser and also from a mobile device, has been developed by researchers at IIT Kharagpurs Department of Computer Science and Engineering, an institute spokesperson said.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Test fire of new version and nuclear capable “Shaurya Missile” successful
- On Oct 3, 2020, India successfully test fired the new version of nuclear capable Shaurya missile in Balasore, Odisha.
- After the success of the test firing, the missile is to be inducted into Indian Armed Forces to complement the existing missiles. The newer version of shaurya missile is easy to operate and is lighter as compared to that of the existing missile.
- The DRDO has been working hard to make India self-reliant in defence sector. The organization recently test fired Brahmos supersonic missile and was successful.