Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
World Habitat Day – On this day, Every year, is celebrated to remind the people that they have all power and responsibility to shape the future of towns and cities. The first Monday of every year is being celebrated as World Habitat Day. This was designated by the United Nations.
NATIONAL CONSIGNMENT DAY – As the seasons change and our lives evolve, so do our styles and budgets. On 1st Monday in October, National Consignment Day offers a way to elevate both. The holiday celebrates consignment as the smart, sustainable way to shop, earn money, and extend the lifecycle of your items.
- Election Commission makes procedure to opt for postal ballot by elderly (80+), people with disabilities friendlier
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) and NITI Aayog organizing summit on Artificial Intelligence ‘RAISE 2020’ (Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020) from October 5 to 9
- Fresh ink for COVID quarantine stamp at Delhi airport after Congress leader’s complain
- Coronavirus tally breaches two lakh mark in Telangana with 1,335 new cases reported today
- Uttar Pradesh government should change arrogant attitude: Mayawati
- South Pacific territory of New Caledonia rejects freedom from France in a referendum
- Two killed as Storm Alex hits parts of France and Italy
- Cineworld suspends operations at UK, U.S. theatres, impacting 45,000 jobs
- Paris-based Financial Action Task Force all set to decide on Pakistan’s grey list status
- Saudi Arabia resumes Umrah pilgrimage to Mecca
- India, S. Africa seek TRIPS (Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights) waiver from WTO for COVID-19 prevention, care
- Regional rural banks incur net loss of Rs 2,206 crore in FY20: NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development)
- HDFC Bank’s Ravi Santhanam is the only Indian in Forbes list of ‘The World’s Most Influential CMOs’ (Chief Marketing Officers)
- Shiv Nadar University-Dassault Systemes Centre of Excellence (SDC) set up in Greater Noida (UP)
- MUI seeks use of CSR funds by major ports on maritime training infrastructure
- Shapoorji Pallonji’s platform Joyville to invest Rs 1,200 cr on new housing project in Pune
- India office property market shows resilience, Q3 absorption up 64% on-quarter
- Aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri hints at shutdown of Air Asia’s Indian operations
- L&T bags multiple orders across business verticals in domestic market
- Adani Ports and SEZ completes acquisition of Krishnapatnam Port Co for Rs 12,000 crore
- Commonwealth games gold medal list shooter & Arjuna awardee Shreyasi Singh joins BJP
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
PV Edge 2020 organised by NITI Aayog
- NITI Aayog, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy and Invest India will organise a Global symposium called the “India PV Edge 2020”.
- The summit aims to unveil and promote cutting edge technologies in solar manufacturing in India. India has set an ambitious target of achieving 450 GW of renewable energy by 2030. Of this, 300 GW is to be of solar.India aims to increase solar deployment in order reduce prices of solar manufacturing. The cutting edge solar manufacturing stands on three pillars namely
- Disruptive Photo-Voltaic Chemistries
- Utilisation of Build of Material components such as special coatings and glasses
- Manufacturing of custom-engineered advanced production equipment.
The Summit will hold sessions on “Wafers and Cells” and also sessions on “Modules and Production Equipment” and “Supply Chain”.
|NITI Aayog Formed||January 1, 2015|
|Jurisdiction||Govt of India|
National Wildlife Week, 2020 in India between Oct 2nd & Oct 8th
- Every year National Wildlife Week is celebrated in India between October 2nd & October 8th. It is being celebrated since 1954. Main objective of celebrating the day is to save the lives of Indian animals by taking critical steps.
- The forest departments organize bird watching in wetlands. Conferences, Workshops, symposiums, education trainings & lectures are organised.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India to acquire Sprut Light Weight Tanks from Russia
- India is currently in advanced talks with Russia to acquire light weight tanks. These are newly developed tanks in Russia. They are being acquired to be used in high altitude areas of Line of Actual Control.
- The need to buy Sprut Light Tanks has come after border hostilities with China increased in the Line of Actual Control. The new tank is under trial in Russia.
- India is to acquire two dozen Sprut light weight tanks in the first tranche. The cost of one tank is less Rs 500 crores. This falls within the emergency financial powers provided to the chiefs after Galwan clash.
|Russia President||Vladimir Putin|
|Prime minister||Mikhail Mishustin|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Indian Army builds memorial for personnel killed in Galwan Clash
- The Indian Army has set up a memorial to honour twenty soldiers who lost their lives in Galwan Clash. The Galwan Clash was fought between Indian and Chinese Army in June 2020.
- The Indian and Chinese Army are engaged in a long stand off since 1962 war. The June 2020, a violent clash broke out between the armies in the Galwan valley along Line of Actual Control. During the clash, around 20 Indian soldiers were killed.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Paytm, GOQii, Dream11 founders take Google billing row to MeitY virtually
- BENGALURU: Several of India’s top startup entrepreneurs met virtually with government officials on Saturday to escalate their concerns over American internet major Google’s billing policies and dominance of the country’s digital applications market, multiple people privy to discussions told ET.
- Nearly forty entrepreneurs including Paytm’s Vijay Shekhar Sharma, GOQii’s Vishal Gondal, Anand Lunia of India Quotient and Gautam Mago of A91 Partners, as well as the founders of Innov8, Bharat Matrimony, upGrad, Dream11, and TrulyMadly presented their views to the ministry of electronics and information technology (MeitY) secretary Ajay Sawhney, who chaired the meeting, sources said.
|CEO||Sundar Pichai (2 Oct 2015–)|
|Founded||4 September 1998, Menlo Park, California, United States|
|Founders||Larry Page, Sergey Brin|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India &France to launch Constellation of Maritime Surveillance Satellites
- India and France are to launch a constellation of maritime surveillance satellites to monitor illegal spillage of oil in the Indian Ocean Region.
|France||Country in Europe|