Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL NOODLE DAY – On this day, it recognizes oodles of noodles just in time for National Pasta Month! What style do you prefer? If you missed National Linguine Day in September, this day offers an opportunity to make up for it.
- SC notice to Centre, others on PIL seeking rescue of Indian workers in Gulf
- Four sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment in 2019 Alwar gang-rape case
- Stubble burning: ‘Bio-decomposer’ spraying from October 11 in Delhi, says CM Kejriwal
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine jointly awarded to Harvey J Alter, Michael Houghton, Charles M Rice for discovery of Hepatitis C virus
- Franco-Japanese fashion designer Kenzo Takada dies from Covid-19 at 81
- World Habitat Day celebrated on October 5; theme: ‘Housing For All: A Better Urban Future’
- World Teachers’ Day celebrated on October 5; theme: ‘Teachers: Leading in crisis, reimagining the future’
- PM inaugurates summit on Artificial Intelligence ‘RAISE 2020’ (Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020) being organised by MEITY and NITI Aayog
- IBM to set up Artificial Intelligence Centre of Excellence with the GeM (Government e-Marketplace)
- MoHUA enters into MoU with Swiggy to take street food vendors online under PM SVANIDHI (Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi) scheme
- China’s Lenovo launches Motorola Razr 5G foldable phone in India priced at Rs 1,24,999
- Retailers Association of India appoints Bijou Kurien as Chairman
- SBI looking to hive off Yono into separate subsidiary: Chairman Rajnish Kumar
- JSPL records 30% YoY growth in steel sales in Q2 FY21
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launched Yudh Prasdushan Ke Virudh: Mega Anti-Pollution Campaign
- On Oct 5, 2020, the Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launched a Mega Anti-Pollution Campaign, called “Yudh Prasudushan ke Virudh”.
- The campaign was launched to reduce pollution levels in Delhi. During the campaign, the Delhi Government will focus on technology developed by Pusa Agriculture Institute to control stubble burning.
CEPI to include India among six other countries for COVID-19 Vaccine Testing
- The Global Initiative of Coalition of Epidemic Preparedness for Innovation, CEPI has identified six labs from countries such as Britain, Netherlands, Italy, Canada, Bangladesh and India.
- The THSTI lab of India has recognised under the global network of CEPI for assessment of COVID-19 vaccines. THSTI is Translational Health Science and Technology Institute. It is an autonomous institute of Department of Biotechnology.
|Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations(CEPI) Headquarters||Oslo, Norway|
|Founded at||Davos, Switzerland|
|Motto||New vaccines for a safer world|
|Founders||India, Norway, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation|
Government of India appoints Monetary Policy Committee Members
- On October 5, 2020, the GoI appointed economists Jayant R Varma, Shashank Bhide and Ashima Goyal as members of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC). Their appointments were cleared by the Appointment Committee of the Cabinet chaired by PM Modi.
- The current MPC was set up by the GoI in 2016 following the finalization of Monetary Policy Framework Agreement. The framework introduced inflation targeting.
Ravi Chopra Committee: SC Orders violated in Chardham Project
- The Supreme Court appointed Ravi Chopra Committee has alleged that the Chardham road project has violated court order.
- The Supreme Court had ruled that width of roads constructed under Chardham project shall be 5.5 metres. This was ruled based on the recommendation of Ministry of Road Transport and Highway (MoRTH) for mountain roads.
- To the contrary, the GoI had sanctioned road width of 10-12 metres. The MoRTH has allowed the 700 km road project to continue with 10-metre width. This according to the Committee is a contravention of the SC.
|Ministry of Road Transport and Highway Jurisdiction||India|
|Officeholders||Mansukh L. Mandaviya (Minister of State), Nitin Gadkari (Union Minister)|
On 5 October Justice A S Dave passed away
- The former judge and Acting Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court (HC) Justice Anantkumar Surendraray Dave passed away on 5 October 2020. Before his retirement, Justice Anant Dave served as an Acting Chief Justice of the Gujarat HC before the incumbent Chief Justice Vikram Nath.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India contributes 3,000 vials of Remdesivir to Myanmar
- On October 5, 2020, the Government of India contributed 3,000 vials to Myanmar under the framework of India-Myanmar Foreign Office Consultation.
- The 3,000 vials of Remdesivir drug was provided by Army Chief Naravane to the Myanmar State counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi. The vias were provided under Neighbourhood First Policy of India to help the friendly neighbour fight against COVID-19.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
New Emission Norms of Tractors, Construction Vehicles extended till October 2021
- On October 5, 2020, the Government of India has extended the applicability of new emission norms for tractors and construction equipment vehicles till October 2021. These norms were to be applicable from October 2020.
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways is bringing in the extension of date through the amendment to CMVR. CMVR is Control Motor Vehicle Rules. Under this new amendment, the applicability date to implement next stage of emission norms for tractors (TREM Stage IV) is being extended to October 2021.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
PARAM Sidhi-AI: India’s fastest AI Super Computer
- On October 5, 2020, the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) commissioned the largest HPC-AI supercomputer. HPC-AI is High Performance Computing and Artificial Intelligence.
- PARAM-Sidhi has put India among top countries in global AI supercomputing research and innovation. The supercomputer will accelerate cyber security, education, health care, education, space, agriculture and automotive. It will help in catalyzing partnerships with MSMEs, Start ups, Academia and Industries.India has been implementing National Supercomputing Mission to build a network of 70 supercomputers.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
Amazon at the risk of changing from Forest to Savanna
- A team of Europe based scientists have recently found that the tropical forests especially the Amazon forest are slowly changing into Savannah like environment.According to the study around 40% of Amazon forest are at the risk of changing into Savannah like environment.
- This is mainly because of increased Greenhouse gas emissions and reduced rainfall.The shrinking forest tend to lose their ability to absorb man-made emissions and thereby adding up to global warming.