Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
- Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launches Ayush Standard Treatment Protocol for Covid-19; done by AYUSH Ministry in association with ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) and CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research)
- ISLRTC (Indian Sign Language Research and Training Center), NCERT sign MoU to convert educational materials into Indian Sign Language
- Indian Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vessel ‘Vigraha’ launched in Chennai; built by L&T
- Wild Life Week being celebrated in India from October 2 to 8
- IPS officer M.A. Ganapathy is new Director General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)
- Rajasthan: Congress MLA Kailash Chandra Trivedi dies from Covid-19 at 65
- Mumbai’s famous dabbawalas and consulates staff can now travel in local trains
- K Palaniswami will be AIADMK’s CM nominee: Deputy CM Panneerselvam
- UP govt extends time given to SIT probing Hathras case to submit report by 10 days
- Kyrgyzstan: Election Commission annuls results of parliamentary elections
- Quad (Quadrilateral coalition) meeting held in Tokyo agrees on stepping up coordination in Indo-Pacific region; Participants: India’s External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar, Japanese PM Yoshihide Suga, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne
- WTO revises forecast for decline in world merchandise trade at 9.2% in 2020 (12.9% decline earlier)
- Legendary rock guitarist Eddie Van Halen dies at 65 in US
- Dinesh Khara appointed Chairman of State Bank of India (SBI)
- IFFCO, Prasar Bharati sign MoU to broadcast & promote new agriculture technology & innovations on DD Kisan
- Finance companies cannot be set up with FDI from Mauritius: RBI
- Indian Bank launches ‘MSME Prerana’ to support small businesses
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launches 42 CNG stations and 3 City Gate Stations (CGS) of Torrent Gas in 6 states
- Govt removes export curbs on N-95 masks
- Assam govt. launches mobile app Kisan Rath (Fruits & Vegetables) connecting farmers, farmer-producer organizations and agricultural traders
- Will increase investments in recycling in collaboration with industry, governments: Tetra Pak
- Telcos, handset makers oppose proposal to raise transmission power of mobile phones
- Urban Company introduces unlimited mental health leave policy for employees
- India Power aims to become preferred partner of state governments
- Banks say government’s interest waiver will add to costs, spark litigation
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced Bio-Decomposer spraying to counter Stubble Burning
- On October 6, 2020, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal announced that the Delhi Government is to adopt “Bio-Decomposer” spraying to counter stubble burning.
- The scientists at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, PUSA have found a low-cost, effective way to deal stubble burning problem called bio-decomposer spraying.
|Delhi||City in India|
|Chief minister||Arvind Kejriwal|
AYUSH Standard Treatment Protocol launched
- On October 6, 2020, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare released “AYUSH Standard Treatment Protocol”. It consists of self-care guidelines on preventive health measures.
|Ministry of AYUSH||Government Ministry|
|Officeholder||Shripad Naik (MOS independent charge)|
|Founded||9 November 2014, India|
“Digital Seva Setu Programme” launched by Gujarat Govt for rural areas
- On October 6, 2020, the Gujarat State Government launched “Digital Seva Setu Programme” for rural areas. The programme was launched under the Bharat Net Project of the Centre.
- The programme connects village panchayats and will provide twenty types of pro-people services. This includes providing ration cards at door steps. It is a digital form of the “Seva Setu” Programme.
|Gujarat||State of India|
|Chief minister||Vijay Rupani|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Government of India approves 10 PLI projects of Rs 10.5 trillion in electronics manufacturing sector
- On Oct6, 2020, GoI approved 16 proposals under two flagship schemes (Make in India & Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan) in the electronics manufacturing sector. The projects are expected to bring Rs 11,000 crores of investments in the local electronics manufacturing sector.
- This in turn will increase the production in the sector to Rs 10.5 trillion in the next five years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
Earthquake in Leh: Reasons, Causes, Effects of recent frequent tremors in North India
- On October 6, 2020, a tremor of 5.4 magnitude occurred in Ladakh at a depth of 10 kilometres. This was reported by National Centre for Seismology. There were no reports of injuries and damages.
- Ladakh also faced an earthquake of magnitude 3.7 on the Ritcher scale in late September 2020. Apart from Ladakh, other parts of North and North East India have also been facing frequent tremors. None of the tremors caused serious damages. However, the frequent occurrence of such tremors were a matter of concern in the country. This is mainly because in these earthquake zones of India, seismic activities are high.
CSIRO: 14 million tonnes of microplastics on sea floor
- The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), an Australian government agency has recently found that the world sea floor is littered with more than 14 million tonnes of microplastics.
- These microplastics have entered the floor Through The breakdown of masses of rubbish entering the oceans annually.
|Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation(CSIRO) Agency executives||David Thodey, Chair; Larry R. Marshall, CE|