Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
World Post Office Day – On this day, Every year, the World Post Day is celebrated by the United Nations on October 9. It is commended on Oct 9 to honor the establishment of Universal Postal Union in Oct 9, 1874.
- India has most great venture investment climate: PM Modi
- Notification for 2nd phase of assembly elections in Bihar to be given today
- Bihar assembly polls: 71 seats in stage-1 test for both NDA, resistance coalitions
- UP govt to dispatch special campaign on safety of women & girls during Navratri Celebration
- WHO anticipates China’s approval on list of global experts to test beginning of Coronavirus
- China yet to favor the WHO rundown of specialists for a pursuit into birthplaces of Covid
- Dixon to open third handset factory by January with Rs 75 Cr venture
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
CSIR-CMERI transfers technology of community level Water Purification
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research(CSIR) was transfers “High Flow Rate Fluoride & Iron removal” technology to a Howrah based private firm. This technology was used for community level water purification.
- Water purification system have flow rate capacity of 10,000 ltrs per hour. Uses commonly available raw materials such gravel, sand & adsorbent materials.
- The technology comprises 3 stage purification process that purifies water according to standards set. The permissible level of Fluoride & Iron in drinking water is 1.5 ppm and 0.3 ppm respectively. PPM is Parts Per Million.
|Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR)||Research institute in New Delhi|
|Head||Shekhar C. Mande|
|Founded||26 September 1942|
South Central Railway Introduced “Man of the Month” safety awards
- South Central Railway has given “Man of the Month” safety awards to 45 employees for taking timely action to prevent dangerous conditions.
- Gajanan Mallya, Head, South Central Railway presented Man of the Month awards.
On 08 October observed Air Force day
- Air Force day observes on 08 Oct 2020 every year across country.
- This year India celebrates the 88th anniversary of the official foundation day of the force as India Air Force was established on 8 October 1932 by British Empire.
Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan passes away
- On Oct 8, 2020, Union Consumer Affairs Minister Shri Ram Vilas Paswan passed away at the age of 74. He underwent heart surgery at Delhi’s Fortis hospital.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
WTO to led by a woman for 1st time
- World Trade Organization established in the year of 1995, was not yet had an opportunity to run under a woman director. For 1st time, in its history the WTO will led by woman.
- Selection committee of organization was announced that South Korea’s Yoo Myung-hee and Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo Iweala are the two finalists to become the next Director General.
|World Trade Organization(WTO)||Intergovernmental organization|
|Founded||1 January 1995|
Russia: Hypersonic Cruise missile TSIRKON (Zircon) successfully tests fires
- Russia was successfully test-fired its Hypersonic Cruise missile named TSIRKON (Zircon) in Barents Sea.
- Missile hit destined the target located at a distance of 450 kilo metre in less than 4 & half minutes.
- The test fire conducted to celebrate birthday of the Russian President Vladimir Putin.
United States govt to open Foreign Commercial Service Office in Bangladesh
- In order to boost economic ties between US & Bangladesh, the UnS govt has decided to open a Foreign Commercial office in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- The declaration was made after the virtual high-level virtual meeting between two nations.
Indo-French satellites together to trace unlawful oil spillage by ships
- India and France will jointly launch the constellation of maritime surveillance satellites which will be ready to trace illegal spillage of oil by ships within the Indian Ocean Region.
- The satellites are designed by a joint team of ISRO and therefore the French Space agency, CNES.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Instagram has launches a replacement campaign to spotlight business impact of influencer marketing
- On Thursday Facebook’s photograph & video sharing application Instagram was launch another new campaign called ‘Love Runs Deep’.
- Instagram has said it is the platform’s 1st campaign in India aimed at marketers & advertisers and will look at measuring the business impact of influencer marketing.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AGRICULTURE
Prasar Bharati sign an MoU with IFFCO to market agriculture technology
- With an plan to showcase and promote advance new farming technology and innovations, Prasar Bharati sign a MoU with IFFCO.
- Objective of this MoU – DD Kisan will showcase innovative techniques in simple language for the expansion within the field of agriculture.
- These new agriculture techniques and their execution must be properly explained to the farmers.