Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL AUTONOMOUS VEHICLE DAY – On this day, National Autonomous Vehicle Day and experience the realization of science and technology merging like never before. An autonomous vehicle, including self-driving cars (both manned and unmanned) and unmanned aerial vehicles, may seem like something out of science fiction movie.
NATIONAL SMILE DAY – On this May 31st, National Smile Day encourages everyone to wear their best smile! Smiles are powerful!
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Guidelines for phased re-opening of activities outside containment zones till June 30 issued.
- Movement of individuals prohibited between 9 pm to 5 am throughout the country
- Next phase of Operation ‘Samudra Setu’ to repatriate Indian citizens from abroad overseas will commence from June 1
- 32nd statehood day of Goa celebrated on May 30
- Kerala Fibre Optic Network (K-FON) project to provide free internet access to the poor in the state by December
- 3 Indian companies get licenses from NASA to manufacture its ventilators: Alpha Design Technologies, Bharat Forge & Medha Servo Drives.
- India’s foreign exchange reserves rise by US$ 3.01 billion to US$ 490.04 billion in the week ended May 22.
- Forbes’ top 100 highest-paid athletes of 2020 released; Virat Kohli (66th, $26 mn), Roger Federer (1st, $106.3 million)
- UP inks pacts with 4 industry bodies — NAREDCO, FICCI, IIA and Laghu Udyog Bharati — to employ migrants in the state
- Donald Trump announces the US is terminating its relationship with WHO over its handling of coronavirus pandemic.
- Google launches app ‘Sodar’ to help people maintain social distancing.
- US postpones G7 Summit till September
Current Affairs: INDIA
K-FON: Project of Kerala to be implemented by December
- The Kerala Government announced that the ambitious project of the state called the K-FON (Kerala Fibre Optic Network) project is to be implemented by December 2020.
- Under the K-FON project, the Kerala Government aims to link all the houses and offices in the state with an optical fiber network. In order to achieve this, the State Government has allocated Rs 1548 Crs.
- The project is to be implemented by the State IT Infrastructure Limited & State Electricity Board, both owned by the State Government. The project will provide net connectivity to all families even to those that do not fall under Below Poverty Line at affordable rates.
|Chief minister||Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Governor||Arif Mohammad Khan|
Goa: Celebrates Statehood Day
- Goa celebrated its Statehood Day. Goa was the 25th state to join the union of India.
- As India gained independence on August 15, 1947, India requested the Portuguese to cede their territories. However, the Portuguese refused. In 1961, the Indian Government launched Operation Vijay and annexed Daman and Diu, islands, and Goa with the Indian mainland.
- On May 30, 1987, the territory was split and Goa was formed. Daman and Diu remained the Union Territory. Konkani is the official language of the state.
|Goa Capital||Panaji (Executive Branch)|
|Chief minister||Pramod Sawant|
|Famous Places||Beautiful beaches, nightlife party, Safety, and Hospitality, carnival, Water sports. Beautiful beaches:|
GoI approves Rs 445 crores for Chhattisgarh under Jal Jeevan Mission
- The Union Government approved Rs 445 crores under Jal Jeevan Mission for Chhattisgarh for the year 2020-21.
- The Funds will be used to help Chhattisgarh achieve its mission of providing tap water connection to all the households in the state by 2023-24. There are 45 households in the state. OF these, 20 lakh households have been provided with tap water connection under the mission.
|Jal Jeevan Mission||Aims to ensure access to piped water for every household in India|
|Chief minister||Bhupesh Baghel|
|Located in||center-east of the country|
CM Yogi Adityanath: Relaxation to be given in many fields in UP during lockdown 5
- UP CM: Yogi Adityanath has said that there will be relaxation in many fields during lockdown 5 in the state. He said that a majority of industries, economic and financial activities have already been started in the state.
- The Chief Minister was addressing media through video conference at Lucknow today. He said that the government will go ahead in starting other activities in a phased manner in the state.
|Chief minister||Yogi Adityanath|
PM Modi praises Divyang Raju for his social work during the lockdown
- PM Narendra Modi today in his Mann Ki Baat program praised Mr. Raju a Divyang and resident of Pathankot for the social work done by him during the lockdown to help the needy.
- Mr. Raju has thanked the Prime Minister for encouraging him.
Current Affairs: International
Tax Heads of BRICS met through Video Conference
- On May 29, 2020, the Heads of Tax authorities of BRICS met through video conference. The Conference was hosted by Russia.
- The meeting was attended by the Heads of Tax Authorities of Russia, Brazil, India, China, and South Africa. The meeting was hosted by the current Presidency, Russia. India was represented by the Finance Secretary Dr. Ajay Bhushan Pandey.
|Jair Bolsonaro; Vladimir Putin; Narendra Modi; Xi Jinping; Cyril Ramaphosa|
|Founders||China, India, Brazil, Russia|
US postpones G7 Summit till September
- US President Donald Trump has postponed the G7 Summit till September. He has expressed his desire to expand the Group to G10 or G11, including India and three other nations Russia, Australia, and South Korea to the grouping of the world’s top economies.
- The G7 members are US, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the UK at present. Mr. Trump has been over the weeks suggesting that there is no greater example of reopening amid the COVID-19 pandemic than holding an in-person G7 summit in America by the end of June.
- He said the G7 Summit could happen before the UN General Assembly session in September. The Presidential election in the US is scheduled for November 3. Mr Trump is seeking a second term in the White House.
SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft successfully takes off for International Space Station
- SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft successfully took off last night from Kennedy Space Center for the International Space Station (ISS), with two NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley.
- The spacecraft is the first to take American astronauts to orbit from American soil in nearly a decade. The mission marks the first launch of a rocket owned by SpaceX, the commercial space company founded by Elon Musk.
|NASA Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Founded||29 July 1958, United States|
|Founder||Dwight D. Eisenhower|