Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
World Migratory Bird Day – On this day, World Migratory Bird Day is celebrated twice a year, that is, on second Saturdays of May and October. Earlier in May, the day was celebrated on May 9, 2020.
World Mental Health Day – On this day, Every year, the World Mental Health Day is celebrated on October 10. The day was first initiated by World Federation for Mental Health. The day is marked by several International organisations spread all over the world. In some countries like Australia, the day is a part of Mental Health Week.
- Country’s first indigenous anti-radiation missile ‘Rudram’ successfully tested from Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft
- IFS (Indian Foreign Service) Day celebrated on October 9
- Over 38 pc voter turnout recorded till 12 pm in fourth phase of Rajasthan panchayat polls
- Madhya Pradesh bypolls: BSP confident of emerging as ‘kingmaker’
- Rajasthan panchayat polls: Voting begins for last phase
- World Post Day celebrated on October 9; marks anniversary of the establishment of Universal Postal Union in 1874 in Swiss Capital, Berne
- Taiwan releases new passport design to distinguish it from China
- Navy cancels Reliance Naval and Engineering Ltd’s Rs 2,500-crore NOPVs (naval offshore patrol vessels) contract
- Labour Ministry’s Labour Bureau to conduct 3 surveys to gauge employment situation
- E-way bill generation to be restricted if taxpayer with over Rs 5 cr turnover fails to file return
- India’s agricultural exports jump in Covid times
- India gets 2nd set of Swiss bank account details under AEOI (automatic exchange of information) framework; 1st set in Sept 2019
- PM to launch physical distribution of property cards in rural areas under ‘SVAMITVA’ scheme on Oct 11
- Govt launches website to support entities involved in R&D in coal sector
- Coca-Cola rejigs top team as part of a sweeping global restructuring exercise
- Reserve Bank of India appeals to Supreme Court to allow NPA classification
- Air India to resume service to Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana launched in Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat recently launched Mukhyamantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana in Dehradun. The scheme promotes self-employment of the youth. It also promotes production of green energy.
- This scheme mainly targets migrant workers & youth who have returned to their homes after leaving their jobs in different parts of the country due to covid-19 lockdown.
Andhra Pradesh: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy launched Jagananna Vidya Kanuka Scheme
- Andhra Pradesh CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched Jagan Anna Vidya kanuka scheme. The state government has allocated Rs 650 Crs for the scheme.
- Under the scheme the state government will provide school kits to 43.32 to lakh govt school student.
|Andhra Pradesh||State of India|
|Chief minister||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy|
Goa: First to become Har Ghar Jal State; to provide 100% Tap Water Connections
- On October 9, 2020, the Ministry of Jal Shakti announced that Goa has become the first state in India to provide 100% tap water connections in rural areas. Around 2.3 lakh households were covered in the state.
- On its successful implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission, Goa has become the first “Har Ghar Jal State” to provide 100% household tap connection in rural areas. In order to strengthen water testing facilities in the state, Goa is in the process of getting 14 water quality testing laboratories.
|Goa||State of India|
|Governor||Bhagat Singh Koshyari|
|Capital||Panaji (Executive Branch)|
|Chief minister||Pramod Sawant|
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will distribute property cards
- Under Svamitva scheme, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will distribute property cards to rural land owners.
- Property cards to be distributed to the villages in states of UP, Haryana, Maharashtra, MP, Karnataka & Uttarakhand.
Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurates Gyan Circle Ventures
- The Gyan Circle Ventures, a MeitY funded Technology Business Incubator (TBI) of Indian Institute of Information Technology, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh is inaugurated by the Union Minister for Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India has receives 2nd set of Swiss Bank Account Details
- On Oct 9, 2020, India received 2nd set of the Swiss bank details under “Automatic Exchange Pact” signed with Switzerland.
- The pact was the key miles stone of Government of India in its fight back against black money.
|Swiss Bank Corporation||Investment company|
|Headquarters location||Basel, Switzerland|
India donates N95 masks to US
- GoI donated 1.8 million N95 masks to the state of Philadelphia in United States. The masks were donated based on the request made by the mayor of Philadelphia on October 5 2020. The masks are to be used by the Frontline health workers.
- India has made the donation to the largest city of United States, the city of Pennsylvania located in Philadelphia. The step is being considered as an example of robust partnership between India and United States in the health sector.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Indigenously developed RUSTOM II Drone Test Fire Successful
- On October 9, 2020, the Defence Research Development Organisation tested Rustom 2 drone successfully. The Drone is capable of carrying payloads depending on the mission objectives. This includes aperture radar, situational awareness systems and electronic intelligent systems.
- The Rustom 2 is a medium attitude long endurance indigenous drone. The Drone was tested at Chitradurga of Karnataka. During the test flight it achieved eight hours of flying at an altitude of 16000 feet. The capability of the Drone is to be increased to a height of 26000 feet and fly for 18 hours.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Software giant Microsoft to let employees work from home permanently
- Software giant Microsoft will let employees work from home permanently if they choose to, US media reported on Friday, becoming the latest employer to expand work-from-home provisions prompted by the Covid-19 pandemic.