Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL SCHOOL PICTURE DAY – On this Day reminds us to put on our best smiles. Picture Day creates memories that last lifetime. Not only that, but the day makes moms and dads radiate with pride & joy.
- 40+ NGOs write open letter to FB CEO Mark Zuckerberg to take ‘decisive action’ on Facebook India’s bias
- Keeping the oxygen flow going turns a challenge for Karnataka as Covid cases jump
- States frame plans to reopen senior classes in a staggered manner
- Congress eyes Deputy Speaker’s post, floats Dalit MP Kodikkunnil Suresh’s name
- Bihar poll work gains pace: BJP leaders Fadnavis, Nadda to be in Patna tomorrow
- Strongman regimes display the most weakness in coronavirus response, say analysts
- US wildfires: Five towns destroyed in Oregon, three fatalities confirmed in California
- India’s inflation dilemma shows how post-Covid central banking is groping towards a new normal
- I-T Dept issues refunds worth Rs 1.01 lakh cr to 27.55 lakh taxpayers till Sep 8
- Food ministry seeks Rs 5,600 crore to pay export subsidy dues of sugar mills
- The Delhi Metro’s Red Line, Violet Line and Green Line resume services after 172 day hiatus
- Coronavirus effect: Work from Home turns into Stay at Home for India Inc
- Cab drivers run out of options to stay on road as banks starting loan recovery process
- AstraZeneca setback delivers a harsh reality check on vaccine risks
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Om Sep 8, 2020: Union Cabinet Approves Amendments to Three Labour Codes
- Union cabinet approved amendments to the labour codes. The Three codes include social security, industrial relations, and occupational safety and health (OSH) out of four codes that was proposed in the Industrial Relations Code, 2019 bill.
Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister announced 5 PSUs of India to join ISA Coalition
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan announced, during the inaugural speech at the first World Solar Technology Summit held on September 8, 2020, that five Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) will join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Coalition for Sustainable Climate Action by contributing to the corpus fund of ISA.
|Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas||Dharmendra Pradhan|
Highways Ministry releases over Rs.10,000 Cr amid pandemic
- In a bid to boost Atmanirbhar Bharat scheme and hasten highways construction, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, during the COVID-19 period, released Rs.10,339 to developers.
- The payment process was simplified, as envisaged in Atmanirbhar Bharat scheme. The contractors’ pay is made every month instead of Milestone achievement basis.
Uttarakhand: 13-million year old fossil ape discovered
- The fossil, which belongs to unknown species of Kapi ramnagarensis, is said to be the earliest ancestor of the modern-day gibbon. The finding fills a major gap in the ape fossil record and provides an important evidence about the ancestor of gibbon that migrated from Africa to Asia.
ICMR clinical trial finds convalescent plasma therapy against COVID-19 to be ineffective
- The randomised controlled trials called PLACID Trials were conducted between 22nd April and 14th July at 39 centres across the country. There was not any significant difference in mortality rates between those who received convalescent plasma therapy and those in the control group.
|Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Secretary and Director General||Dr. Balram Bhargava|
|Founder||Government of India|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) report on Child Mortality Rate
- Levels and Trends in Child Mortality’ report was published by United Nations (UN). As per the new estimate on mortality released by UNICEF, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Population Division of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs and the World Bank Group, the under-five mortality rate (deaths per 1,000 live births) in India has declined to 34 in 2019 from 126 in 1990.
|UNICEF United Nations Children’s Fund Headquarters||New York, New York, United States|
|Founded||11 December 1946, New York, New York, United States|
|Parent organizations||United Nations General Assembly, United Nations Economic and Social Council|
|Founders||United Nations General Assembly, Ludwik Rajchman|
UN report: World nears agreed global temperature limit
- Global science groups estimate that in the next five years, the world has nearly a 1-in-4 chance of experiencing a year that is hot enough to put global temperature at 1.5°C above pre-industrial times. The 1.5 degrees Celsius is the more stringent of two limits set in 2015 by Paris agreement.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Finance Minister unveils ‘Doorstep Banking’ services by PSBs
- Doorstep Banking, which is a part of the EASE Banking Reforms, aims to provide convenience banking services to the customers at their doorstep via the universal Call Centres, web portal or mobile applications.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
On Tuesday, Wipro plans to set up Digital Innovation Hub in Germany serve as IT Service
- Wipro, said it plans to set up a Digital Innovation Hub at Dusseldorf in Germany that will serve as the IT services major’s flagship centre in Europe.
- The proposed Digital Innovation Hub offer the digital transformation expertise to companies in Germany, enabling organisations to cross skill and upskill besides supporting talent development in local communities, a statement said.