Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL OLIVE DAY – National Olive Day on June 1st each year celebrates one of the world’s oldest fruits. The olive is part of a traditional meze/tapas culinary experience that brings families and friends around the table rather than in the kitchen sharing time together.
WORLD MILK DAY – It is established by the Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to recognize the importance of milk as a global food.
NATIONAL NAIL POLISH DAY – On this day, Nail Polish Day primes us with every shade under the sun. Sandals and beaches mean manicures and pedicures, too.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- The first phase of nationwide unlock begins today
- PM Modi urges people not to lower guard in their fight against Covid-19
- Railways to run 200 Special trains across the country from today.
- 14 special flight to bring home over 2000 Indians from Gulf countries under Vande Bharat Mission
- Banks Board Bureau recommends new appointments: Ashwani Bhatia: MD for SBI, P.P. Sengupta: MD & CEO of Indian Overseas Bank and Matam Venkata Rao: MD & CEO of Central Bank of India.
- NGT conducts probe into Styrene gas leak from LG Polymers plant in Visakhapatnam on May 7 that killed 12 people; lists lapses.
- Govt. orders ISPs (internet service providers) to block the computer file-sharing website WeTransfer due to security reasons.
- Elon Musk-owned SpaceX becomes the first private company to send astronauts into space; SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft docks with the International Space Space Station (ISS).
- South Africa-based HIV/AIDS researcher Quarraisha Abdool Karim wins 0.5 million-euro Christophe Merieux Prize given by French govt.
- US athlete Bobby Morrow dies at 84; won gold in men’s 100 m, 200 m & 4X100 m relay at 1956 Olympic Games in Melbourne
Current Affairs: INDIA
Unlock 1.0; LockDown 5.0 begins in India
- India is now the seventh worst-hit country in the world with more than 1,82,143 cases of COVID-19. In the battle against the virus, India enters into the fifth lockdown or first unlock on June 1, 2020. This is to remain in order until June 30, 2020.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs has provided the guidelines for unlocking 1.0. Under the guidelines, the Centre has extended lockdown to all the containment zones.
- In the rest of the zones, almost all the social facilities are to be open.
India apprehends two Pakistan High Commission officials for espionage activities
- Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi, Two officials were apprehended yesterday by Indian law enforcement authorities for indulging in espionage activities.
- Govt has declared both these officials persona non grata for indulging in activities incompatible with their status as members of a diplomatic mission and asked them to leave the country within 24 hours.
|Pakistan Currency||Pakistani rupee|
|Prime minister||Imran Khan|
J&K: Security forces bust terrorist hideout in Kulgam district, recover ammunition
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, security forces busted a terrorist hideout in Kulgam district of south Kashmir yesterday and recovered a number of items including ammunition.
- Police have said that the receiving information about the presence of terrorists in Akhal-Malwan forest belt of the south Kashmir district, a cordon and search operation was launched by security forces. During the searches, a terrorist hideout was busted in the forest area.
|J&M Capitals||Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)|
Uttar Pradesh becomes the first state to prepare one lakh beds for COVID-19 patients
- UP has become the 1st state in the country to prepare 1 lakh beds for COVID-19 patients, with each of the 75 districts having dedicated beds for patients in the respective facilities.
- Three categories of beds are classified- Level 1, level 2 and level 3. While level one and two beds are for patients exhibiting mild symptoms, level three beds are meant for graver infections.
IMD to issue second stage LRF for South-West Monsoon Season rainfall
- India Meteorological Department will issue the second stage Long Range Forecast (LRF) for South-West Monsoon Season rainfall today.
- Each year, the IMD issues LRF in two stages. The first stage forecast is issued in April, while the second one in June.
- In its first stage forecast, IMD had predicted a normal monsoon this year.
IMD Headquarters location
|Founder||Government of India|
|Agency executive||Mohapatra, Director General of Meteorology|
|Parent organization||Ministry of Earth Sciences|
Current Affairs: International
SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft docks at ISS after historic launch
- SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft with two NASA astronauts successfully docked with the International Space Station last night after a historic launch from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. It has marked the dawn of a new age in commercial space travel.
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX company confirmed the successful docking of NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley with the ISS, the orbiting laboratory after traveling 19 hours.
- They were greeted by fellow NASA astronaut Christopher Cassidy and Russian cosmonauts Anatoli Ivanishin and Ivan Vagner, who were already onboard the orbiting laboratory.
|Founded||May 6, 2002|
|CEO||Elon Musk (2002–)|
|Headquarters||Hawthorne, California, United States|
Australian PM Scott Morrison shares pic of samosas, PM Modi replies, will enjoy them together after a decisive victory against COVID-19
- On Thursday, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Prime Minister Narendra Modi today shared pictures of samosas, saying he would have liked to share the popular snack with Mr Modi.
- Replying to Mr Morrison on Twitter, Modi said, the two countries are connected by the Indian Ocean, united by the Indian Samosa.
|Australia Prime minister||Scott Morrison|