Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL ROTISSERIE CHICKEN DAY – On this day, each year, chicken lovers celebrate National Rotisserie Chicken Day. While there a numerous ways to cook a whole chicken, rotisserie chicken offers a slow cooking method that seals in flavor.
NATIONAL ROCKY ROAD DAY – On this day, made for chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts. It’s National Rocky Road Day!
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- DRDO develops Ultra Swachh disinfection unit for sanitization of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) and other materials.
- IMD announces the onset of the southwest monsoon (June -September) in the country; rainfall would be 102% of its LPA (long-period average).
- Two visa assistants of the High Commission of Pakistan in New Delhi nabbed by Delhi Police for spying; asked to leave the country within 24 hours.
- Singer-composer Wajid Khan of music director duo Sajid-Wajid, dies at 42
- R. Sreelekha becomes first woman DGP in Kerala
- PM Narendra Modi expresses confidence that India’s economy will get its growth back.
- Two terrorists killed in an encounter with security forces in Pulwama district of J&K
- Govt unveils PM SVANIDHI (Pradhan Mantri Street Vendor’s Atmanirbhar Nidhi) scheme to provide loans up to Rs. 10,000 to street vendors
- Income-tax return (ITR) forms for assessment year (AY) 2020-21 to captures information on cash deposits exceeding ₹1 crore, expenditure on foreign travel exceeding ₹2 lakh, and electricity expenses exceeding ₹1 lakh.
- Govt approves MSP for 14 Kharif crops for the 2020-21 crop year based on recommendations of CACP (Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices).
- Moody’s Investors Service downgrades India’s sovereign rating to Baa3 from Baa2; maintains negative outlook
- US: Curfew imposed in 40 cities over violent protests against the death of African-American man George Floyd (46) in police custody on May 25
Current Affairs: INDIA
PM launched CHAMPIONS, a Technology Platform to empower MSMEs
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched CHAMPIONS, the technology platform on 1 June. The platform aims to empower Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). It is an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) based system.
- The entire ICT architecture is created in house with the help of the National Informatics Centre (NIC) at no cost.
|CHAMPIONS – Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength|
|Three basic objectives of the CHAMPIONS:
RK Chaturvedi assumed charge as Secretary, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals
- RK Chaturvedi assumed charge as Secretary in the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India.
- Chaturvedi has replaced P.Raghavendra Rao who superannuated on 31 May 2020.
Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals Headquarters
|Parent agency||Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers|
Pradip Kumar Tripathi: Assumes Charge as Secretary in Ministry of Steel
- Shri Pradip Kumar Tripathi has assumed charge as Secretary, Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India on 1 June 2020. He took over as Secretary upon the superannuation of present incumbent Binoy Kumar. The appointment was approved by the Appointment Committee of Cabinet.
Binoy Kumar is a 1983 batch officer who had taken over as Secretary, Ministry of Steel on 1 September 2018. He retired on 30 May 2020.
|Ministry of Steel Departments||Kudremukh Iron Ore Company|
|Birender Singh (Minister), Vishnu Deo Sai (Minister of State)|
One Nation One Card Scheme: Three more States included
- The Union Minister of Consumer Affairs and Food and Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan announced that three more states namely Sikkim, Odisha, and Mizoram are being included in the Integrated Management of Public Distribution System (PDS).
|One Nation One Card Scheme – The scheme aims to provide the quota of food grains to the citizens anywhere in the country. With the migrant workers have returned to their homes., the scheme would be of great help to them.|
INS Jalashwa reaches Tamil Nadu with over 700 Indians onboard from Sri Lanka this morning
- About 700 Indian laborers have landed at the Thuthukudi Chidambaranar port in Tamil Nadu this morning. They arrived by the Indian Naval Ship INS Jalashwa under the Operation Samudra Sethu for bringing laborers from other countries by ships.
- The laborers who arrived today include 699 people from Tamil Nadu, three from Puducherry, two from Karnataka, and one person from Kerala. All of them are being given detailed medical check-up.
|Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte|
|Currency||Sri Lankan rupee|
Current Affairs: International
Nepal’s single day COVID-19 cases cross 200 marks, the total reaches up to 1798
- Nepal, 226 Cross as positive for Corona Virus. This is the first time when single-day spike crossed 200 marks. According to the Ministry of Health and Population total number of coronavirus cases has soared to 1798.
- The COVID-19 cases are continuously increasing in the Himalayan nation and over 1200 persons have been diagnosed with coronavirus since last Monday.
PM Modi wishes Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan, family speedy recovery from COVID-19
- PM Modi has wished his Armenian counterpart Nikol Pashinyan and his family a speedy recovery from COVID-19. In a tweet, Mr. Modi said, India stands with Armenia in the fight against COVID-19.
Current Affairs: Business
Sensex jumps over 300 points; Nifty advances 98 points in early trade
- Equity benchmark Sensex jumped over 300 points in early trade today, led by index-heavyweights amid positive cues from global markets. After opening on a tepid note, the 30-share index was trading 310 points or 0.93 percent higher at 33,613.
- Similarly, NSE Nifty advanced 98 points or one percent to 9,924. In the previous session, the BSE barometer settled 879 points or 2.57 percent higher at 33,304 and the broader Nifty surged 246 points or 2.57 percent to finish at 9,826.
- On the global front, bourses in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Seoul were trading with significant gains, while those in Shanghai slipped in the red. Exchanges on Wall Street ended on a positive note in overnight trade.
- International oil benchmark Brent crude futures were trading 0.81 percent higher at 38.63 US Dollars per barrel.