Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL ONLINE BANK DAY – On this day, 2nd Monday in Oct, National Online Bank Day reminds us we don’t need to count on it to get it to the bank.
- Health Ministry to turn out FELUDA paper-strip test for SARS-CoV-2 diagnosis; devel by CSIR-IGIB
- PM launches physical circulation of property cards under the ‘SVAMITVA’ (ownership) plot in rural areas
- Mumbai Metro vehicle shed to move to Kanjurmarg to spare Aarey timberlands: CM Uddhav Thackeray
- Delhi govt. imposes Rs Fifty Lakhs fine on NCRTC (National Capital Region Transport Corporation for not taking residue control measures
- 75th birthday celebration of ruling Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) celebrated in Pyongyang on Oct 10
- Japan vows to to support its rocket deterrence capability after North Korean parade
- Indian consumers brace for high swelling as they check spending
- India to surpass Japan as 3rd biggest economy by 2050 behind US and China: Lancet
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
PM Modi: Rs 100 Dedicatory Coin in honour of Vijaya Raje Scindia
- PM Narendra Modi is to release the Dedicatory coin of 100 rupees in appreciation of Vijaya Raje Scindia. Vijaya Raje Scindia also known as Rajmata of Gwalior.
- The coin is being delivered to commend the birth century of Vijaya Raje Scindia. She was one of the Originator individuals from the Bharatiya Janata Gathering.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates 44 bridges
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated 44 bridges that were worked by the Border Road Organization. Minister also established foundation stone of Nechiphu tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The 44 bridges inaugurated are located in 7 States & Union territories and will draw out another period of network and advancement in the distant of the nation.
|Defence Minister||Rajnath Singh|
|Preceding Ministry||Department of Defence (1938–47)|
|Founded||15 August 1947|
|Officeholders||Rajnath Singh (Minister), Subhash Bhamre (Minister of State)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Covid-19: Pearls, Gems, jewellery industry demonstrated resilience during troublesome occasions, says Piyush Goyal
- MUMBAI: Gems & jewellery industry has indicated that versatility through these testing times and utilized innovation to exhibit the intrinsically created pieces to buyers across the globe on the India International Jewellery Show (IIJS) Virtual stage, Union minister Piyush Goyal said on Monday.
- “Truth be told, this climate of innovation to arrive at clients all over the world shows the resilience of Indian industry & the govt to serve customers, particularly with the celebration round the corner, both in India and across the world,” Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal said at the debut function of the five-day IIJS Virtual composed by the Diamond and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Finance Minister announces celebration Advance scheme, LTC Money Voucher Scheme
- FM Nirmala Sitaraman reported the Special Festival Advance plan & LTC Cash Voucher plan. The schemes were launched to boost the demand in the country.
- Under the plan, central govt employees will get pre-stacked Rupay cards. They can be withdrawn at ATMs. These advances shall be repaid by the employees in 10 installments.
- The plan is to provide one-time festive advance of Rs 10,000 to all the govt employees. This will boost the consumer demand to Rs 8,000.
|Union Minister of Finance- Minister responsible||Nirmala Sitharaman, Cabinet Minister;|
|Founded||29 October 1946|
|Officeholders||P. Radhakrishnan (Minister of State), Shiv Pratap Shukla (Minister of State), Nirmala Sitharaman (Minister)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India to turn out FELUDA Paper strip tests for Corana Virus
- On October 11, 2020, the Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan reported that India is to roll out Feluda Paper Strip test in next few weeks.
- The minister made the announcement during the 5th edition of “Sunday Samvaad”. Sunday Samvaad is anintuitive meeting held by the pastor in online media.
- The minister also said that under the Middle’s Immunizations technique, the prioritization of gatherings of Coronavirus antibodies depends on two key conisderations as follows
- Risk of Exposure to infection and Occupational Hazard
- Risk of developing severe disease and increased mortality.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDUSTRY
Tata Power: Simultaneous stumbling at MSETCL facilities caused power outage
- MUMBAI: On Monday Tata Power said there was “simultaneous substation tripping” at state-run MSETCL’s two facilities, which prompted a significant force blackout in the budgetary capital and encompassing zones.
- It said tripping at the Kalwa and Kharghar sub-stations at 1010 hours caused a tremendous dunk in recurrence in the Mumbai transmission framework, prompting the stumbling of intensity flexibly.
|Tata Power||Electric power distribution company|
|CEO||Praveer Sinha (1 May 2018–)|
|Parent organization||Tata Group|
|Revenue||8,309.01 crores INR (US$1.2 billion, 2020)|