Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
DAY OF THE PROGRAMMER – On the 256th day of the year, the Day of the Programmer honors the innovators who continue to change the world, one program at a time. Also known as International Programmers Day, this day is celebrated based on binary code. The number 256 is distinct to programmers. Represented by an eight-bit byte 256 equals 2 to the eighth power.
- Eight ships from Indian Navy, Coast Guard avert environmental disaster; douse fire on oil vessel
- Minister of State for External Affairs Muraleedharan participates in 27th ASEAN regional forum
- No carelessness till medicine is developed: PM on COVID-19
- Government’s ‘well planned fight’ against COVID has put India in ‘abyss of GDP reduction’: Rahul Gandhi
- Hateful content: Delhi Assembly panel summons Facebook official
- Bangladesh gives traders special permission for hilsa export to India
- Global human rights bodies urge UN chief to appoint special envoy to probe violations by Chinese state
- Labour ministry paves way for 50% unemployment benefit to ESIC subscribers
- Indian road infra industry biggest ingredient to spur economy: VK Singh
- Hardeep Singh Puri launches framework for cities to inculcate climate-sensitive approach to urban planning
- Building capital buffers, managing liquidity crucial for MFIs: RBI article
- Diesel price dips below Rs 73; petrol rate cut for second time in six months, drops 13 paise
- Big global tech giants’ India plans can’t seem to bypass Mukesh Ambani
- DGCI directs Serum Institute to suspend any new recruitment in phase 2, 3 COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials
- Japan’s Orix Corp to invest $980 million in Greenko Energy at $5.75 billion valuation
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Gujarat Govt has announces Heritage Tourism Policy
- The Heritage Tourism policy has been announced by Gujarat Government. This is state’s first such policy.
- The policy permits the use of pre-1950 historical buildings including heritage palaces and forts as heritage hotels, heritage museums, heritage banquet halls and heritage restaurants.
- The step would attract tourism in the unused historical buildings.
- State Govt will provide five to ten crore rupees to new or existing heritage hotels for the purpose of renovation and expansion.
- An aid of 45 lakh to one crore will be provided for developers to start new project or restore an existing heritage building.
|Gujarat||State of India|
|Chief minister||Vijay Rupani|
Odisha govt unveils scheme for sanitation workers ‘Garima’
- The scheme ‘Garima’ was launched for institutionalising and regulating core sanitation services to provide social security and financial benefits for the sanitation workers and their families. With a the corpus fund of Rs.50 crore, the statewide scheme will be implemented across all urban local bodies.
|Chief minister||Naveen Patnaik|
Parliamentary panel recommends virtual courts to be continued post pandemic
- The Parliamentary Standing Committee of Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice recommended that the virtual courts, which were set up in view of the COVID-19, should continue to function even after the pandemic as they are cheaper, faster and have the ability to address locational and economic deficiencies.
Hardeep S Puri launched CSCAF 2.0 and Streets for People Challenge
- Union Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs (I/C) Shri Hardeep Singh Puri has launched the Climate Smart Cities Assessment Framework (CSCAF) 2.0 in a virtual event Smart Cities Mission (SCM), Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). He also launched ‘Streets for People Challenge’ at the event.
- The main objective of CSCAF is to provide a clear roadmap for cities towards combating Climate Change while planning and implementing their actions, including investments.
|Smart Cities Mission(SCM)||Program|
|Ministry||Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs|
|Launched by (prime minister)||Narendra Modi|
India Post launched 5 Star Villages Scheme to ensure 100% rural coverage of postal schemes
- The Department of Posts, under the Ministry of Communications, has launched the Five Star Villages Scheme. The aim is to ensure universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of the country. The scheme was launched by Union State for Communications Minister Sanjay Dhotre.
- Five Star Villages Scheme aims to bridge the gaps in public awareness and reach of postal products and services, especially in interior villages.
|Ministry of Communications and Information Technology||Government ministry|
|Founded||19 July 2016|
|Dissolved||5 July 2016|
|Departments||India Post, Department of Telecommunications|
Ranking of States on Support to Start-up Ecosystems
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) had conducted the second edition of the States’ Startup Ranking Exercise. The key objective of the exercise was to foster competitiveness and work proactively towards uplifting the startup ecosystem.
States’ Startup Ranking Framework – It comprises 7 broad reform area which consists of 30 action points including.
- Institutional Support,
- Easing Compliance,
- Relaxation in Public Procurement norms,
- Incubation support,
- Seed Funding Support,
- Venture Funding Support, and
- Awareness & Outreach.
States are classified into 5 categories, for the purposes of Ranking,
- Best Performers,
- Top Performers,
- Aspiring Leaders and
- Emerging Startup Ecosystems.
|Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade||Government department|
|Parent organization||Ministry of Commerce and Industry|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Singapore, Japan: launch green lane on Sep 18 for essential business, official travel
- Singapore and Japan are to launch a green lane on September 18 for essential business and official travel for residents from both countries in compliance with the COVID-19 related norms. This Business Track arrangement is to help restore connectivity and support economic recovery of both the countries.
Bahrain becomes latest to normalise ties with Israel
- This is part of Trump Administration’s broader diplomatic push to fully integrate Israel into the Middle East. Like the Abraham accord with the UAE, peace deal between Israel and Bahrain would normalise diplomatic, commercial, security and other bilateral relations.
|Bahrain||Country in the Middle East|
|King||Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Defence Minister launched Aero India 21 website and Space Booking Opens for Asias Largest Aero show
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the Aero India 2021 website aeroindia.gov.in at New Delhi on 11 September. This will give go-ahead for space-booking. The 13th edition of Aero India-21 will be held at Air Force Station, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, Karnataka from 3-7th February 2021.
- Aero India 2021 website will be a contactless online interface for Asia’s largest Aero show.
|Preceding Ministry||Department of Defence (1938–47)|
|Founded||15 August 1947|
|Officeholders||Rajnath Singh (Minister), Subhash Bhamre (Minister of State)|