Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
WORLD BICYCLE DAY – The day aims to motivate and inspire people towards having more tolerance, understanding, and respect for one another. Bicycle signifies a sustainable means of transport which is good for the environment and economy.
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE MACAROON DAY – Each year, National Chocolate Macaroon Day celebrates a tasty treat. Last month we celebrated National Macaroon Day on May 31st. Now we add a little chocolate to the mix, sweetening the deal.
NATIONAL EGG DAY – The annual observance of National Egg Day! The nutrient-rich food has gone back and forth with science and nutritionists over the decades as to just how many eggs are too many for a healthy diet.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Telangana formation day celebrated; became 29th state after bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh on June 2, 2014.
- PM Modi, US President discuss emerging realities of post COVID world; Trump invites PM to G7 summit later this year.
- Pakistan remains epi-center of international terrorism, reiterates India citing UN Security Council report
- French Defence Minister Florence Parly assures timely delivery of Dassault made Rafale jets to India.
- Gaitri Kumar appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the UK.
- Cyclone Nisarga to make landfall in coastal regions of Maharashtra and Gujarat on June 3: IMD.
- Aadhaar card must for obtaining services at spas, salons, beauty parlors in Tamil Nadu to enable contact tracing
- Govt. fixes the minimum percentage of local content in public procurement of 55 chemical and pesticide products to boost domestic manufacturing.
- Total Horticulture Production estimated at 320.48 million tonnes in 2019-20 (310.74 in 2018-19): Agriculture Ministry.
- The government frees the export of alcohol-based hand sanitizers except those in containers with dispenser pumps.
- 60 million people could be pushed into extreme poverty in 2020 due to coronavirus crisis: World Bank Group President David Malpass
Current Affairs: INDIA
“Delhi Corona” App launched by Delhi Government
- The Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched Delhi Corona App. The application is to provide all the required information that is related to ventilators and hospital beds in the city.
- The Application mainly aims at providing real-time information. The application will provide information related to the availability of hospital beds and ventilators in the city. It is now available on Google Play.
|Delhi Capital formation||1911|
|Chief Minister||Arvind Kejriwal (AAP)|
|Deputy Chief Minister||Manish Sisodia (AAP)|
Arunachal Pradesh to provide Tap connection to all by March 2023
- The National Jal Jeevan Mission approved the Annual Action Plan of Arunachal Pradesh. Under the plan, the state is to provide a tap connection to all rural households in the state by 2023.
Arunachal Pradesh Capital
|Chief minister||Pema Khandu|
GoI launches the Kisan Credit Card scheme for Dairy Farmers
- The Government of India launched the Kisan Credit Card campaign to help dairy farmers.
- The Kisan Credit cards are to be provided to around 1.5 crore dairy farmers.
|Kisan Credit Card scheme – Kisan Credit Cards to farmers that are associated with milk-producing companies. The Department of Animal Husbandry has stepped in and circulated the relevant circulars. There are around 1.7 crore farmers that are associated with the Milk union in India. They were registered under the Dairy Cooperative Movement.|
Loans worth Rs 3,200 crores sanctioned under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
- The Public Sector Banks sanctioned collateral-free loans that were worth Rs 200 crores. The complete Rs 200 crore sanction was done in a single day. The PSBs are set to sanction Rs 3,200 crores under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- This will benefit MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) that are located in more than 3,000 TIER-2 towns. These loans will help MSMEs meet their expenses towards rent, restocking of goods, and payment of salaries.
|Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan Scheme said that collateral-free loans with a one-year moratorium will be provisioned. These loans are those that are now being provided by the Public Sector Banks. (Moratorium is the period during which the borrower is not obligated to make any payment).|
Current Affairs: International
WHO launches COVID-19 Technology Access Pool (C-TAP)
- Costa Rica and the World Health Organization have launched C-TAP. C-TAP is COVID-19 Technology Access Pool. The C-TAP will act as a one-stop-shop for information, scientific knowledge and intellectual property for the global community.
- Around 30 countries, institutions and international partners have signed to support C-TAP. It is an initiative that aims to make vaccines, tests, health technologies, and treatments.
The five main elements of the pool include:
- Public disclosure of gene sequences and data
- Governments and other funders that are encouraged to fund agreements with pharmaceutical companies
- Licensing potential vaccine
- Diagnostic treatment and other health technologies
- Promote innovative models.
Current Affairs: Sports
Khel Ratna Award: India Women’s Team Captain Rani Rampal recommended
- The Hockey India recommended India Women Team Captain Rani Rampal for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards. Monika, Vandana Kataria, and Harmanpreet Singh were recommended for Arjuna Awards.
|Rani Rampal – The period of consideration of the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award is between January 2016 and December 2019. During this period, Rani Rampal led the team to win the Women’s Asia Cup in 2017. Under her leadership the team won the silver cup in 2018 Asian Games and also she played a significant role for the team to enter FIH Olympic qualifiers in 2019. Her deciding goal helped India qualify for the Tokyo Olympics. She has also received the Arjuna award in 2016 and Padmashri in 2020. She is the first Indian to be named as the World Games Athlete of the Year.|
Current Affairs: Business
DPIIT revises public procurement order to encourage Make in India initiative
- Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, DPIIT has recently revised the public procurement order to encourage Make in India initiative with an aim to enhance income and employment generation in the country.
- Minister of State for Shipping & Chemicals and Fertilizers, Mansukh Mandaviya today said that mandatory public procurement of chemicals and petrochemicals to boost manufacturing and production of goods and services will promote Make in India.
- He said this step will strengthen Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
India poised to emerge as the world’s largest electronics and mobile manufacturing country
- India is poised to emerge as the world’s largest electronics and mobile manufacturing country. Union Electronics and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad today unveiled the historic roadmap for setting up of a large number of electronic and mobile manufacturing units in the country.
- He announced the Production Linked Incentive Scheme, Component Manufacturing Scheme, and Cluster Scheme for the development of the electronics manufacturing sector.