Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
International Day for Disaster Reduction – On this day, Every year, the United Nations marks the International Day for Disaster Reduction on October 13. The day is commended to spread how individuals and networks everywhere on the world are lessening their introduction to calamities.
- Former actress Kushboo Sundar leaves Congress, & joins BJP: Tamil Nadu
- Ex-Congress Mayor named accused in Bengaluru violence case
- Karnataka: Holidays for votes, teachers have their day
- European Union forces taxes on aluminum items from China
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
To become Digital in Public Education kerala is 1st state in country
- State of Kerala is the 1st state in the country to make public education completely digital. The state Government has accomplished it at an expense of Rs 42.36 crores. The activity was dispatched in 2018.
- Task of making public education completely computerized in Kerala was implemented by Kerala Infrastructure & Technology for Education.
|Kerala||State if India|
|Chief minister||Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Governor||Arif Mohammad Khan|
Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan: 32 Cr man days of employment generated
- The Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan is currently on fifteenth week of implementation. So far 32 crore man days of employment was provided. GoI has spent Rs 31,577 Crs in these 15 weeks to create employment opportunities under the programme.
- Under the arrangement, huge no of structures were made. This incorporates 1,32,146 water preservation structures, 16,253 network clean buildings, 35,329 cows sheds, 35,529 cows sheds, 4,12,214 provincial houses.
Jal Jeevan Mission: Lab on Wheels launched
- On Oct12, 2020, State govt of Haryana launched “Lab on Wheels” to test the water quality in state. The water nature of Haryana is basically influenced by fluoride, iron, nitrate and alkalinity.
- Lab on wheels is a mobile laboratory. The mobile laboratory have launch under Jal Jeevan Mission.
Delhi Cabinet approves “Tree Transplantation Policy”
- Delhi Cabinet has been approved the ‘Tree Transplantation Policy’ for preservation of trees in Capital. The Cabinet additionally endorsed the establishment of the subsequent brown haze tower on the planet at Connaught Place inside ten months.
- Under the policy, a minimum of 80% of trees affected by a development or construction project will be transplanted. Over 80% of the transplanted trees must survive after transplantation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
FATF: Pakistan to remain on “Grey List”
- On October 12, 2020, the Financial Action Task Force reported that Pakistan will continue to remain under “grey list” of the association.
- The asia-pacific gathering of FATF presented a report named “Follow up report on mutual evaluation of Pakistan”. The report is first of its kind. The choice of putting Pakistan under grey list was taken based on this report.
|Pakistan||A country in South Asia|
|Prime minister||Imran Khan|
India to attend 7th Justice Ministers Meet of SCO
- On October 16, 2020, the Union Minister of law & Justice Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad is to attend 7th meeting of ministers of justice of Shanghai cooperation association.
- The ministers during the meet will share the knowledge on establishing favorable climate to advance debate goal instrument, scientific exercises and other legitimate administrations.
European Union to sanction Russia & Belarus
- On October 12, 2020, the European Union consented to force sanctions on Russia for harming the resistance chief Alexei Navalny. Imposition of authorization was started by France and Germany.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
India, Asian Development Bank (ADB) Signed USD 300 Million Loan to Develop Secondary Towns in Rajasthan
- GoI & ADB signed a $300 million credit on twelfth October to fund comprehensive and feasible water flexibly and sterilization foundation and administrations in 14 optional towns of the territory of Rajasthan.
- The undertaking will give reasonable water gracefully and disinfection (WSS) administrations in the task towns in Rajasthan. The point is to improve personal satisfaction in these towns, including for poor people and defenseless subsequent to consenting to the advance arrangement.
- The interests in WSS with 10-year activity and upkeep agreements will guarantee improved and practical help conveyance in accordance with the express government’s metropolitan area advancement plan.
|Asian Development Bank(ADB) Headquarters||Mandaluyong, Philippines|
|Founded||December 19, 1966|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Facebook India chooses Sunil Abraham as Public Policy Director for Data & Emerging Tech
- New Delhi: Facebook India on Monday reported arrangement of Sunil Abraham as the Public Policy Director for Data and Emerging Tech to lead and shape the organization’s position on tech strategy issues in India.
- He will answer to Facebook India Public Policy Director Ankhi Das, and will be liable for building associations and commitment with key partners in the public approach territory of information security, customer assurance, and AI-drove development for new items and administrations, an announcement said.