Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL GRANDPARENTS DAY – On this day, Sunday following Labor Day, National Grandparents Day honors the love only grandparents can provide. Grandparents & their grandchildren share a special bond. These hugging, caring and patient people in the lives of children offer more than a generous dose of love. Grandparents provide an abundance of wisdom. They also offer guidance and stability.
- Home Minister Amit Shah condoles demise of former Union Minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh
- Judges cannot vent like their critics: CJI S A Bobde, Justice NV Ramana
- Weeks after discharge, Amit Shah re-admitted to AIIMS after breathing issues
- Sonia Gandhi leaves for US for routine medical check-up: Sources
- Delhi riots: Police name Yechury, Yogendra Yadav, Jayati Ghosh, in supplementary charge sheet
- US says Libyan commander Khalifa Hifter agrees to lift oil blockade
- Death toll from devastating US West Coast wildfires approaching 30
- Retail inflation to come down with easing of lockdowns, says Chief Economic Adviser
- Government’s 3 farm ordinances ‘death knell’ for agriculture, alleges Congress
- Retail tomato prices surge to Rs 80-85 per kg in Delhi due to tight supply
- MOIL working on new projects worth Rs 581 crore at mines in MP, Maharashtra
- Puravankara’s Q1 sales booking down 19% at Rs 398 crore due to lockdown
- Auto component industry seeks long term roadmap for regulatory changes
- Audi India business back on track, sees heightened demand in festive season
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Madhya Pradesh: PM Modi inaugurated PMAY-G
- PM Narendra Modi addressed the ‘Grih Pravesham’ event in Madhya Pradesh through video conferencing. During the event 1.75 Lakh Families were delivered pucca houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Grameen (PMAY-G).
- The move comes as a part of the Housing for All by 2022, for which a flagship programme of PMAY-G was launched on 20th November 2016.
Over 1.14 crore houses have already been built, so far, across the country under the programme.
|Madhya Pradesh||State of India|
|Capital||Bhopal (Executive Branch)|
|Chief minister||Shivraj Singh Chouhan|
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways organized the Orientation and Training Programme of iRAD App
- MoRTH conducted 2-days Orientation and Training programme on iRAD App on 7 & 8 September for the selected districts of Karnataka, and on 10th & 11th September 2020 for some districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- The basic iRAD App has been developed. The app will be customized/integrated as per the requirements of concerned States/UTs.
Ayushman Khurrana appointed as celebrity advocate of UNICEF India
- Ayushmann Khurrana is appointed as the celebrity advocate for children’s rights campaign – ‘For Every Child’ of UNICEF India. Khurrana will promote and support UNICEF towards ending violence against children.
- Ayushmann Khurrana will promote and support UNICEF’s work around ending violence against children. He will work towards this initiative globally.
|UNICEF United Nations Children’s Fund Headquarters||New York, New York, United States|
|Founded||11 December 1946, New York, New York, United States|
|Parent organizations||United Nations General Assembly, United Nations Economic and Social Council|
|Founders||United Nations General Assembly, Ludwik Rajchman|
JK-IGRAMS: New Grievance Redress System unveiled in J&K
- The Lieutenant-Governor (L-G) of Jammu & Kashmir has launched the ‘Jammu and Kashmir- Integrated Grievance Redress and Monitoring System'(JK-IGRAMS).
- The system will create an interface with the public. It will focus on governance issues in the Union Territory.
- It will be providing a grievance redressal mechanism thus ensuring the good governance. With this system, the government shows that they are committed to undertake all radical reforms by putting people at the centre.
- The system will firstly be launched in three districts namely Jammu, Srinagar, and Reasi.
Punjab: Chief Minister Amarinder Singh launches smart ration card scheme
- Chief Minister Amarinder Singh launched a smart ration card scheme for providing subsidised food grains to 1.41 crore beneficiaries in the state. Separate state-funded scheme was also announced to provide subsidised rations to 9 lakh beneficiaries not covered under the National Food Security Act.
|Punjab||State of India|
|Chief minister||Amarinder Singh|
|Governor||V. P. Singh Badnore|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India ranks 105th on 2020 Global Economic Freedom Index
- India has ranked 105th position on the Global Economic Freedom Index 2020. India has fallen 26 spots as it stood at the 79th spot in last year’s rankings. Hong Kong topped the rankings. It was followed by Singapore.
- The report stated that the increasing economic freedom in India depend on next generation reforms in factor markets and in greater openness to international trade.
- The rankings are done based on various parameteras and the scores are given for 10, which indicates a higher level of economic freedom.
International Day for South-South Cooperation is observed on 12 September
- International Day for South-South Cooperation is observed on 12 September. The main aim of South-South Cooperation is to strengthen the self-reliance of developing countries by enhancing their creative capacity to find solutions and technological capacities to their development problems and formulate the requisite strategies to address them.
UK Enters into First Major Post-Brexit Deal with Japan
- The UK has signed its first major post-Brexit trade pact by signing a deal with Japan. The deal aims to boost trade between these two countries by about £15bn. The deal would boost UK GDP by 0.07%, though, it is just a fraction of the trade that was lost with the European union (EU).