Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL CLEAN BEAUTY DAY – On this day, Day urges brands to develop beauty products that are clean and sustainable from the beginning of their life cycle to the end, while educating consumers to seek better product choices. This day brings awareness to the current state of the beauty industry.
NATIONAL CHEESE DAY – Moooove over whiners! June 4th is National Cheese Day! It will undoubtedly contain more varieties of cheese than what’s found at the local grocer. Cheese is produced from the pressed curds of milk. The milk can come from cows, buffalo, goats, or sheep.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- First-ever India-Australia Virtual Summit held between PM Modi and his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison; Nine agreements signed.
- SC asks Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi to come out with a uniform policy for movement with NCR region.
- Odisha govt announces complete weekend shut down in eleven districts amid COVID-19
- Prakash Javadekar says strict action will be taken against those involved in the brutal killing of a pregnant elephant in Kerala.
- Cyclone Nisarg causes heavy damage in Mumbai; IMD issues for heavy rains in parts of Madhya Pradesh
- Anil Kumble urges people to take all precautions against COVID-19
- The United States suspends passenger flights from China beginning 16th of June
- Sri Lanka EC to meet next Monday to decide the date for Parliamentary elections
- The number of COVID-19 cases crosses 2000 mark in Nepal.
- Record increase in Corona cases, death toll crosses 700 in Bangladesh.
- Floyd death: New criminal charges leveled against four Minneapolis police officers.
Current Affairs: INDIA
India to hold a first-ever virtual bilateral summit with Australia
- PM Modi will hold a virtual bilateral summit with the Australian PM Scott Morrison. This is the first-ever virtual bilateral summit to be held by India.
- The leaders are to discuss a broad framework on the relation between India and Australia. The leaders will also sign several agreements.
- The major agreement is the one to be signed on mutual sharing of military logistics facilities. The agreement will help increase the bandwidth of operation of both the Australian and Indian forces in the Indo Pacific region.
|Famous For||Natural wonders and wide-open spaces, its beaches, deserts, “the bush”, and “the Outback”.|
Union Cabinet approved MoUs signed between India and Bhutan
- The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding signed between India and Bhutan. The agreement between the countries was signed to improve cooperation in the field of environment.
- The agreement will help to promote long term cooperation between India and Bhutan. Also, it will help to protect and manage natural resources based on reciprocity, equity, and mutual benefits.
|Bhutan||A country in South Asia|
|King||Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck|
VN Datt takes over as Chairman and MD of National Fertilizers Limited
Virendra Nath Datt, Director (Marketing), National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) has taken over the additional charge of Chairman & Managing Director (MD) of the Company on 3 June. Datt is associated with Company as Director (Marketing) since October 2018.
|Virendra Nath Datt||Virendra Nath Datt has a professional experience of over 35 years with premier Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) such as GAIL and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) besides the Fertilizer Industry. Prior to the appointment, he served as the Executive Director (ED) in GAIL Limited. He handled all India marketing operations of the company in addition to Corporate Strategy, Planning, and Advocacy. He was also a Director on the Board of Mahanagar Gas Ltd., Mumbai.|
As Marketing Director of NFL, Datt is credited with sustained growth in fertilizer sale of the company from 43 Lakh MT in 2017-18 to 57 Lakh MT in 2019-20, an increase of 32% over the previous two years.
India ranked 23rd in the 2020 Startup Ecosystem Rankings Report
- StartupBlink has released the Startup Ecosystem Rankings Report 2020. India ranked 23rd in the report. The report ranks 1,000 cities and 100 countries worldwide, based on their startup ecosystem strength and activity level.
|Top 5 Countries|
Current Affairs: International
PM held a telephone conversation with H.E. Filipe Jacinto Nyusi President of Mozambique
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi discussed with His Excellency Filipe Jacinto Nyusi, President of Mozambique. The leaders discussed the challenges posed in both countries by the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
|Mozambique President||Filipe Nyusi|
|Prime Minister||Carlos Agostinho do Rosário|
|Currency||Mozambican metical (MZN)|
Current Affairs: Agriculture
Union Cabinet approves farmer-friendly Essential Commodities Act
- The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi has made historic amendments to the Essential Commodities Act. Under the amendment, the regulatory environment has been liberalized for farmers.
- The amendment has been made through this ordinance. The ordinance will allow farmers to engage with aggregators, processors, exporters, and large retailers as well.
Current Affairs: Sports
Anil Kumble urges people to take all precautions against COVID-19
- Indian cricketing legend Anil Kumble has urged people to take all precautions against COVID-19 and follow government guidelines even though the lockdown is being eased.
- He appealed to everyone to wear masks, maintain hygiene, and take all preventive steps to stop the spread of the infection.
|Anil Kumble Born||17 October 1970 (age 49 years), Bengaluru|
|Test debut (cap 192)||9 August 1990 v England|
Current Affairs: Business
Pan-India Real-Time Market in electricity launched
- Union Minister of State (IC) Power and New & Renewable Energy & Minister of State (Skill Development and Entrepreneurship) RK Singh launched pan-India Real-Time Market in electricity through video conference in New Delhi on 3 June 2020.
- The real-time has placed the Indian electricity market amongst a league of few electricity markets in the world.