Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
Hindi Diwas – On this day, celebrated across the country today, Sep 14, 2020. The constituent assembly had adopted Hindi written in Devanagari as the official language of the country in 1949. Presently, Hindi is among the world most spoken languages.
- Early lockdown prevented 14-29 lakh Covid cases, up to 78,000 deaths in India: Harsh Vardhan
- Govt using sedition law to curb free speech: Former SC judge M B Lokur
- Raghuvansh Prasad Singh’s heart always beat for India’s villages
- Parallel development of Hindi, other Indian languages under new education policy: Amit Shah
- Lok Sabha adopts motion to do away with Question Hour, private members’ business
- Australia proposes paying oil refiners billions to stay open
- Microsoft says its bid for TikTok was rejected in US-China standoff
- Amazon to hire 100,000 to keep up with online shopping surge
- Asian Development Bank appoints Takeo Konishi as Country Director for India
- Government to infuse Rs 20,000 crore in India’s state-run banks
- S&P expects India’s economy to contract 9% in fiscal 2021
- No proposal for raising FII limit in PSBs to 49 per cent: Anurag Thakur
- Domestic demand for TMT bars to normalise by Oct: Electrosteel
- HAAH Automotive likely to submit final investment proposal for SsangYong Motor in 10 days
- JBM Auto bags order for supply of 116 buses from Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Jammu & Kashmir announces New Universal Health Insurance Scheme
- Recently, the Jammu & Kashmir government has announced a Universal health Insurance scheme on the lines of the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat. The scheme will cover the entire population of the Union territory (UT). The annual expenditure of the scheme is Rs 123 Cr.
|Jammu and Kashmir||A region formerly administered by India as a state from 1954 to 2019|
|Founded||26 October 1947|
Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin today
- 18-day monsoon session is to begin today. This is the 1st Parliament session held amid the COVID-19 pandemic. All safety measures have been taken to conduct the session as per the COVID-19 guidelines. Question Hour & Private Members’ Bills will not be taken up during the session.
Uttar Pradesh govt to set up Special Forces
- The basis for this is the orders of the Allahabad High Court, which expressed its displeasure over the security at civil courts last December. The first phase would include 5 battalions and it will be headed by an ADG-ranked officer. These forces would provide security to high court, district courts, administrative offices, air ports etc.
|Uttar Pradesh||State of India|
|Chief minister||Yogi Adityanath|
Rajasthan Partners with SIDBI to develop MSMEs
- Industries Minister Parsadi Lal Meena said that Rajasthan’s Department of Industries & Sidbi partnered on Sep 12. 2020 to provide financial, technical, marketing and export support to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the state.
- Small industrial Development Bank of India (SIDBI) – It is a development financial institution in India. It has been headquartered at Lucknow and having its offices all across the country. It was established on April 2, 1990, by an Act of Parliament. Its main objective is to provide refinance facilities and short-term lending to industries. SIDBI serves as the principal financial institution in the MSME sector. It coordinates with the functions of other institutions that are engaged in similar activities. Department of Financial Services, Government of India is the nodal department that guides the SIDBI.
|Rajasthan||State of India|
|Chief minister||Ashok Gehlot|
Goa extends insurance cover for healthcare workers
- The insurance cover of Rs.50 lakh under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana has been extended to all health workers in Goa. The scheme is implemented through the National Disaster Response Fund implemented by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
|Goa||State of India|
|Formation of state||30 May 1987|
|Capital||Panaji (Executive Branch)|
|Governor||Bhagat Singh Koshyari|
Gujarat government to provide interest-free loans to women
- On September 17, the Gujarat government would be launching Mukhyamantri Mahila Kalyan Scheme, a special scheme to provide interest-free loans of Rs.1 lakh to promote self-employment among women in the time of pandemic.
Tripura’s First Ever SEZ
- First-ever Special Economic Zone (SEZ) was laid to foundation stone by the Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb at Sabroom which is the southernmost town of the state bordering Bangladesh.
|Tripura||State of India|
|Chief minister||Biplab Kumar Deb|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UK Enters into First Major Post-Brexit Deal with Japan
- The UK has signed its first major post-Brexit trade pact by signing a deal with Japan. The deal aims to boost trade between these two countries by about £15bn. The deal would boost UK GDP by 0.07%, though, it is just a fraction of the trade that was lost with the European union (EU).
- European Union (EU) – EU is a political and economic union comprises of 27 member states that are located within Europe. The EU works to developed an integrated single market through a standardised system of laws. These laws apply to all member states. Policies of EU are aimed at ensuring the free movement of people, goods, services and capital within the internal market. It also enacts legislation in justice and home affairs.
Israel, UAE education institutes ink agreement on AI
- The MoU between the United Arab Emirates’ Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence and Israel’s Weizmann Institute of Science is the first agreement between the countries’ higher education bodies. The Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence was established in 2019.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Institute of Pesticide Formulation Technology (IPFT) develops new Disinfectant Sprays
- IPFT has developed two new technologies namely “Disinfectant spray for surface application” and “Disinfectant spray for Vegetables & fruits” at a time when Covid-19 pandemic has created a lot of damage globally.
- Disinfectant spray for surface application
- It contains ‘botanical anti-microbial substance’ which can be an effective formulation to prevent from diseases which are caused by microbes, bacteria and virus.
- The formulation is volatile in nature.
- It evaporates after disinfecting the surface and does not leave any stains and odour.