Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
World Environment Day – Every year the World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5. This year the day is being celebrated under the theme Theme: Celebrate Biodiversity
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- India pledges $15 million to GAVI, the international vaccine alliance, at the virtual Global Vaccine Summit hosted by the UK.
- PM Narendra Modi and his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison hold an online summit.
- Indian Railways takes various initiatives to provide a clean environment, smooth travel experience to its passengers
- India, Australia sign the Mutual Logistics Support Agreement (MLSA) that will allow their militaries to use each other’s bases.
- 750 tigers died in the country in the 8 years due to poaching and other causes: National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA).
- Covid-19 lockdown: Andhra govt hands over Rs 10,000 to each of 262,000 auto, cab drivers under YSR Vahana Mitra scheme..
- Home Ministry blacklists 2,550 foreign Tablighi Jamaat members; bans entry into India for 10 years
- Bollywood director and screenwriter Basu Chatterjee, known for movies such as “Chhoti Si Baat” and “Rajnigandha”, dies at 93.
- Brajendra Navnit appointed as Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to WTO in Geneva
- India’s unemployment rate fell between July 2018-June 2019 to 5.8 percent compared to 6.1 percent during the same period in 2017-18: Annual Periodic Labour Force Survey.
- RBI to publish on a daily basis data on volume and value of transactions through various payment systems
- SC extends the order of no coercive action against employers for non-payment of full wages till June 12.
- Google pledges $37 million to fight racism amid outrage over the custodial killing of African-American George Floyd.
- Hong Kong’s legislature approves bill making it illegal to insult the Chinese national anthem.
Current Affairs: INDIA
NCVTC to develop host-directed antivirals for COVID-19 disease
- The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has approved support for the research and study done by the National Centre for Veterinary Type Cultures (NCVTC), ICAR-NRC from Hisar in Haryana.
- The researchers will screen the library of 94 small molecule chemical inhibitors for antivirals against coronaviruses.
|SERB Secretary||Prof Sandeep Verma|
|Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Affiliation||Department of Science and Technology|
CSIR-CMERI developed new indigenous ventilator
- Researchers at Durgapur-based CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) have indigenously developed a ventilator to provide help and support to the COVID-19 patients.
- he ventilator was developed by CSIR-CMERI, in coordination with critical care experts of the Health care professionals.
- The design, controllers, and embedded electronics have been customized to ensure price efficacy and to meet the requirements of the relevant industries.
- The ventilator was tested under multiple technical and design changes after adopting critical feedbacks from healthcare professionals. The cost of the ventilator is around Rs.80,000-90,000.
|Prof. Harish Hirani|
|Director-General||Shekhar C. Mande|
Uday Kotak takes over as CII president
- Banker Uday Kotak assumed office as the president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the year 2020-21. He will replace Vikram Kirloskar, who is the chairman and managing director (MD) of Kirloskar Systems Ltd and vice-chairman of Toyota Kirloskar Motor.
- Also, T V Narendran, CEO & MD of Tata Steel Limited, is now the president-designate of CII for 2020-21.
- Sanjiv Bajaj assumed office as CII vice president for the year 2020-21. He is the chairman and MD of Bajaj Finserv Limited.
|Uday Kotak||Uday Kotak is the MD and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited. He is associated with CII for over 2 decades. Also, he has served in many capacities in the chamber. Kotak has served as a non-executive chairman of the new IL&FS board to steer the company out of its financial crisis. He served as the chairman of the SEBI panel on corporate governance. He holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce. He holds an MBA from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.|
MHRD launched TULIP, an Internship Program with ULBs across the country
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) launched The Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP), an Internship Program with Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) across the country.
- It was jointly launched by the Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and MoS (I/C), Housing & Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep. S. Puri.TULIP:
- The first of its kind initiative TULIP is a program for providing internship opportunities to fresh graduates in all ULBs and Smart Cities across the country.
- TULIP program is expected to provide access to internship opportunities through 4400 Urban local bodies and smart cities pan India.
- TULIP platforms will provide an opportunity for youth to generate news ideas to reform Urban local bodies through modern techniques and innovative methods.
- TULIP aims to enhance the value-to-market of graduates in India.
- The platform also aims to create a potential talent pool in diverse fields like urban planning, transport engineering, environment, municipal finance, etc.
|R. Subrahmanyam, (IAS Officer); Rina Ray, (IAS Officer)|
|Founded||26 September 1985|
|Officeholder||Ramesh Pokhriyal (Union Minister)|
Current Affairs: International
Bangladesh launches Corona tracing app
- The ICT Division of the Government of Bangladesh and the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) has launched an app to trace Corona infected people and people near them. The smartphone-based app ‘Corona Tracer BD’ utilizes Bluetooth signal to trace a Corona infected person nearby.
- Launching the app on a trial basis on Thursday, the State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmad Palak urged the smartphone users to download the app to stop the spread of the Coronavirus.
Current Affairs: Sports
India-Australia sign landmark Defence Agreements
- Indian PM Modi and the Australian PM Scott Morrison held India’s first virtual bilateral summit.
- The leaders signed several agreements during their meet and also discussed the COVID-19 measures being implemented in their respective countries.
India and Australia signed the following agreements namely
- Framework Arrangement for Cyber-Enabled critical Technology.
- MoU on cooperation in the processing of Critical and Strategic minerals
- Implementing arrangement related to cooperation in Defence
- MoU on the cooperation of training and vocational education
- MoU on understanding water resource management
- MoU un the field of Governance Reforms and Public Administration
- MoU on cooperation in mining and processing of strategic minerals.
|Famous For||Natural wonders and wide-open spaces, its beaches, deserts, “the bush”, and “the Outback”.|
Current Affairs: Business
Petroleum Minister holds discussion with OPEC Secretary-General through Video Conference
- Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan held a discussion with Secretary-General of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Dr. Mohammed Barkindo through Video Conference.
- The discussions centered around current developments in global energy markets and crude oil price trends in the midst of COVID-19-induced challenges and in the run-up to the OPEC meetings later this month.
- Mr. Pradhan highlighted the need for producing and consuming countries to take responsible steps in the coming days to enable the revival of the fragile economic situation globally.