Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL IT PROFESSIONALS DAY – On this day, Annually on the 3rd Tuesday in Sep, National IT Professionals Day honors the venerable geeks of the world we all rely on to keep us connected. IT (Information Tech) professional is the unsung hero of modern business. These under-appreciated wizzes tackle the obstacles that leave the rest of us scratching our heads.
- Pub owners, hotels cheer as customers make a comeback in Bengaluru
- EOW arrests HDIL’s Sarang Wadhawan in a redevelopment fraud case
- Former Facebook employee accuses the firm of failing to act on political manipulation of the platform: Report
- Former Jayalalithaa aide Sasikala may be released on January 27, says K’taka Prison Department
- Congress alleges govt monopolizing airports, BJP says transparency ensured
- PM Modi inaugurates, lays the foundation for 7 urban infra projects in Bihar
- AP govt urges Centre to clear Rs 9,164 crore dues immediately
- Pakistan Air Force aircraft crashes near Attock during a routine training mission
- Asia’s coronavirus-battered economy will shrink for the first time since the early 1960s
- Century Group sells land in North Bengaluru to Godrej Fund Management for around Rs 700 Cr
- Sales, aftersales showing very positive results: Lamborghini India’s Sharad Agarwal
- Big Billion Days to create 70,000 seasonal jobs this festive season: Flipkart
- Toyota Kirloskar will not introduce new models from its own portfolio in India
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
National Commission for Homeopathy Bill, 2019 Passes by Lok Sabha
- National Commission for Homeopathy Bill, 2019 has been passed by the Lok Sabha, today. The bill is aimed at ensuring the availability of high-quality medical professionals for homeopathic treatment. Earlier, the bill was passed by the Rajya Sabha on 19th March 2020 during the Budget Session.
- National Commission for Homeopathy Bill, 2019 – This bill was introduced in Rajya Sabha by the Minister of State for AYUSH, Mr. Shripad Yesso Naik, on January 7, 2019. It seeks to repeal the homeopathy Central Council Act, 1973. It also provides for a medical education system so as to ensure,
- Availability of high quality homeopathic medical professionals.
- Adoption of the latest medical research by the professionals.
- Periodic assessment of institutions.
- Effective grievance redressal mechanism.
|Lok Sabha||Governing Body|
|Founded||17 April 1952|
|Leader of the House||Narendra Modi, BJP; since 26 May 2014|
India elected as member of Commission of Status of Women (CSW)
- Established in 1946, CSW is a body of Economic and Social Council that is dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and women empowerment. India has been elected to be CSW’s member from 2021 to 2025.
|United Nations Commission on the Status of Women(CSW) Founded||21 June 1946|
|Headquarters location||New York, New York, United States|
|Formation||21 June 1946; 74 years ago|
|Parent organization||United Nations Economic and Social Council|
ICAR – NBAGR Declared Shweta Kapila cows recognized as Goan breed
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) – National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR) declared Shweta Kapila cows as Goan breed. These cows are found in Valpoi, Saakeri and some other regions in Goa and they are known to provide more nutritious milk than others.
Telangana: passes TS-brass Bill
- The Telangana State Building Permission Approval and Self-Certification System Bill enables setting up of a self-certification system that mandates citizens to comply with buildings and layout permission rules.
- While the constructions within 75 sq yards of land just require registration with the urban local bodies using TS-bypass, those house constructions that utilize 75-600 sq yards can seek instant permission through the system’s self-certification.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Japan: Yoshihide Suga to Succeed Shinzo Abe as the PM
- Yoshihide Suga has been elected as the new leader by Japan’s governing party to succeed in Shinzo Abe. He is all set to become Japan’s next prime minister. Mr. Abe had announced his resignation in August 2020 due to health issues.
US signs Defense Cooperation Agreement with the Maldives
- “Framework for U.S. Department of Defense-Maldives Ministry of Defense and Security Relationship” was signed between Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for South and Southeast Asia Reed Werner and Maldivian Minister of Defense Mariya Didi in Philadelphia on September 10, 2020.
- The Framework seeks to deepen engagement and cooperation in support to maintain peace and security in the Indian Ocean. It is also an important step in the defense partnership. Both sides reiterated their commitment to a free and open Indo-Pacific.
India beats China to become Member of the UN’s Commission on Status of Women
- India has recently been elected as one of the members of the Commission on Status of Women (CSW) which is a body of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). India will be a member for four years from 2021 to 2025.
- Membership to India now endorses India’s commitment to promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in all the endeavors.
- India, Afghanistan & China had contested the elections to the Commission.
- India & Afghanistan won a ballot among the 54 members.
- China could not win the ballot.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AGRICULTURE
Centre bans onion exports
- The Union Government has banned the export of onions of all varieties due to the possibility of a supply shortage in the coming months amid the surge in exports. Between the months of April and July, onion exports increased to 30%, leading to inflation in prices.