Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
RUSSIAN LANGUAGE DAY – The United Nations celebrated Russian Language Day. This was established by UNESCO in 2010. The Russian Language Day is celebrated on the birthday of Aleksandr Pushkin. He was a Russian Poet and is considered the father of modern Russian literature.
NATIONAL BUBBLY DAY – Pour a glass of sparkling sunshine to celebrate National Bubbly Day every first Saturday in June! Effervescent bubbles combine with the appealing flavors and aromas ranging from citrus, apple, and pear to toasted fruit, spices, and nuts.
NATIONAL HIGHER EDUCATION DAY – National Higher Education Day on June 6th each year aims to prepare a path for more students toward a higher education degree. Exponential costs of higher education and the United States opportunity gap have turned a college degree into something of a luxury for many Americans.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Road Transport & Highways Ministry launches a national awareness campaign on ‘Prevention of Human and Animal Mortality on Highways’
- HRD Ministry launches booklet “Safe online learning in the times of COVID-19” for students and teachers; prepared by NCERT and UNESCO
- ITBP operationalizes its newly sanctioned twin commands in Chandigarh and Guwahati for the deployment of troops on 3,488 km-long LAC with China
- India unveils ‘panchsheel’, or five principles, for election to UNSC on June 17; samman (respect), samvad (dialogue), sahyog (cooperation), and shanti (peace), to create conditions for universal samriddhi (prosperity).
- CSIR and AIM (Atal Innovation Mission) to promote culture of innovation, entrepreneurship in various sectors.
- Rahul Shrivastava appointed as next Ambassador of India to Romania
- Reserve Bank Survey of Professional Forecasters expects GDP to contract by 1.5 percent In 2020-21
- RBI sets up Payment Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) of Rs 500 crore to promote digital payments.
- Abu Dhabi-based sovereign investor Mubadala to invest Rs 9093.60 cr for a 1.85% stake in Jio Platforms.
- Kushal Pal Singh (90), Chairman of India’s largest listed real estate firm DLF, steps down; succeeded by son Rajiv Singh.
- Facebook Inc to start labeling Russian, Chinese and other state-controlled media organizations; block ads from such outfits that target US users
- India selected as host of Women’s Asian Cup 2022. football tournament
Current Affairs: INDIA
Online CET will ease aspirants difficulties for govt jobs: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh has said, the online Common Eligibility Test, CET for recruitment to non-gazetted posts will ease the difficulties faced by aspirants for government jobs.
- The Minister said this while releasing a digital book titled ‘Aarambh’ and highlighting the achievements of the Department of Personnel and Training, DoPT through video conferencing yesterday.
Tamil Nadu: CM Palaniswamy assures more relaxations for industrialists would be announced
- Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi Palaniswamy has assured industrialists in the state that more relaxations from lockdown restrictions would be announced.
- Addressing a CII seminar on the industrial prospects in the state through video-conferencing, he said the Covid-19 situation is being assessed in various regions and relaxations are being announced based on the ground realities.
Current Affairs: International
EESL, USAID launched Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings
- State-run Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has partnered with US Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Market Integration and Transformation Program for Energy Efficiency (MAITREE) program and launched ‘Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings’ initiative.
- The initiative is a part of the US-India bilateral Partnership between the Power Ministry of India and USAID.
|Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) Established||10 December 2009|
|Functions under||Ministry of Power|
|Managing Director||Saurabh Kumar|
India and China: Agree to handle differences through peaceful discussion
- India and China have agreed that the two countries handle their differences through peaceful discussion. Joint Secretary (East Asia) in Ministry of External Affairs Naveen Srivastava held talks with Wu Jianghao, Director General in the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs through video conference yesterday.
- The talks took place just a day before the Lieutenant Colonel level meeting between India and China held high significance in terms of peaceful dissolution between both the countries.
|China Currency||Renminbi Trending|
US: Joe Biden becomes Democratic presidential nominee
- Former US Vice President Joe Biden has formally become the Democratic presidential nominee to run for the White House against President Donald Trump in the elections in November this year.
- Biden, took his tally of pledged delegates over the halfway mark of 1,991 from a total of 3,979, last night thus becoming eligible to earn the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination.
|US Capital||Washington, D.C.|
|Largest city||New York City|
Current Affairs: Sports
India to host AFC 2022 Asian Women’s
- India is to host the 2022 Women’s Asian Cup. The hosting rights have been awarded to India by the Asian Football Confederation.
- This is the second time India will be hosting the event. India hosted the event for the first time in 1979. The information was passed by the All India Football Federation.
Asian Football Confederation(AFC) Headquarters
|Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|President||Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa|
|General Secretary||Windsor John|
|Membership||47 member associations|
Current Affairs: Business
India’s foreign exchange reserves surged to reach an all-time high in May
- India’s foreign exchange reserves surged by 3.43 billion dollars to reach a fresh all-time high of 493.48 billion dollars in the week ended 29th of last month.
- A Reserve Bank of India press release has informed that foreign currency assets, a major part of the overall reserves rose by 3.50 billion dollars to 455.21 billion dollars.
|Founded||1 April 1935, Kolkata|