Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
World Food Day History – On this day, World Food Day seeks to raise awareness about world hunger. This day encourages the public to support efforts to eradicate world hunger. World Food Day was organized and founded by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in 1979. The FAO has helped aid the world in its battle against hunger and malnutrition since its establishment in 1945. Today World Food Day is observed in over 150 countries. It is observed annually on October 16th.
- Jailed foreigners to get access to diplomatic mission only on written request
- India to give cost-effective, accessible solutions for Covid-19 research: PM Modi
- RJD targets JDU vote bank, fields two dozen extremely backward class candidates
- No precautions or masks as campaign for Bihar elections gathers momentum
- Mumbai police issues look-out notice against promoter of Cox & Kings
- Mumbai Congress wants to fight BMC polls alone
- WHO study says remdesivir did not cut hospital stay or mortality in COVID-19 patients
- IMF data shows coronavirus will push China GDP growth well beyond US
- Narendra Modi’s farm reforms could help turn India into food-export powerhouse
- More direct funding push will aid India recovery: Gita Gopinath
- India bans import of ACs with refrigerants, frees export of all alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- Heavy rainfall in Maharashtra and nearby states to delay sugarcane crushing
- RK Singh: Executing a powerful reforms agenda
- CFO, three others allege fraud at Sambandh Finserve
- Bharat Petroleum tries to cut dependence on LPG from the Middle East
- Reliance Digital’s retail business clocks growth of 30-40% in Aug, Sept
- Apparel exporters’ turnover to dip 25 pc in FY21, domestic retailers to see 40 pc revenue fall: Icra
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Operation Green: 50% Freight Subsidy for agricultural perishables
- The Ministry of Food Processing and the ministry of Railways have jointly provided subsidised rate of 50% for freight transportation of perishable agriculture produce such as vegetables and fruits.
- The step is being implemented to boost Operation Green. Operation Green is implemented by Ministry of Food Processing.
- The ministries will provide 50% subsidies to farmers transporting surplus agricultural produce such as vegetables and fruits by train. Also, the ministry will provide 50% subsidy to cold chain storage of Agricultural commodities. In order to receive the subsidies, the farmers have to submit self-certified documents on “Sampada” portal. The portal is maintained by the Ministry of food processing.
|Minister of food Processing Industry||Government ministry|
|Departments||National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management|
|Officeholders||Niranjan Jyoti (Minister of State), Harsimrat Kaur Badal (Minister)|
Thalassemia Bal Sewa Yojana: 2nd Phase launched
- On Oct 14, 2020, the Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched second phase of Thalassemia Bal Sewa Yojana. The scheme was launched for the Thalassemia patients.
- The scheme aims to provide one-time cure for Haemoglobinopathies such as sickle cell disease and Thalassaemia for patients who have matched family donors. It is funded by the Coal India Corporate Social Responsibility programme called the “Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Programme”.
- It provides financial assistance to more than 200 patients by providing Rs 10 lakhs per HSCT.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
China denies ‘coercive’ diplomacy with Canada, urges release of Huawei executive
- OTTAWA: On Thursday, China denied it had taken two Canadian men hostage, & repeated a call for the release of a Huawei Technologies Co Ltd executive held in Canada who faces extradition to US amid a long-running diplomatic dispute.
|China||Country in East Asia|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Covid-19 can’t kill zeal of Flipkart and Amazon’s staff priming for big sale days
- When the hallways are empty, meeting room walls are bare and crowds are no longer milling about in cafeterias at the humongous offices of e-commerce firms Flipkart and Amazon during their biggest annual sale events, surely there is something amiss.
- Yet, peer into their data pipes and armies of more than 10,000 employees each are remotely engaged in a flurry of activity, as they expect to hit multi-billion-dollar sales targets in the span of just a few days.
|Founded||5 July 1994, Bellevue, Washington, United States|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|CEO||Jeff Bezos (May 1996–)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
Graded Response Action Plan comes into force in Delhi
- The Anti-Pollution measure Graded Response Action Plan is to come into force in Delhi. The Delhi Pollution Control Committee has banned the operation of electricity generator sets.
- The Environment Pollution Authority had earlier directed Punjab, Delhi, Rajasthan and Haryana Governments to implement air pollution control measures under Graded Response Action Plan.