Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
World Ozone Day – On this day, International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer Sep 16 was designated by the United Nations General Assembly. This designation had made on Dec 19, 2000, in commemoration of the date, in 1987, on which nations signed the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer.
- 3 arrested for attack on Suresh Raina’s relatives; former cricketer reaches Pathankot
- Will govt blame god to evade accountability: Congress on Covid-19 tally topping 50 lakh
- Sushant Singh Rajput case: NCB probe team member tests COVID-19 positive
- Labour minister Gangwar clarifies his response on migrant workers in Parliament
- Congress members raise in Rajya Sabha reports of data mining by Chinese firm
- Maharashtra’s private hospital hit by heavy staff attrition amid coronavirus
- UNSC membership, working methods must reflect 21st century’s realities: Volkan Bozkir
- Total tax collection falls 22.5% till September 15: Source
- 15 states seek approval for changes in three labour laws from Centre
- Netherlands kicks off mission to bring state-of-art agri tech to India, aims to help industry
- Concerns over policy benchmark surface again with sticky consumer price index
- Frustrated with non-payment of dues, ONGC exits from Sudan
- Indian hotels lost Rs 8,000 crore in revenues between March to June: STR Horwath HTL report
- Over 30 vaccine candidates supported, 3 in advance trials, 4 in advanced pre-clinical stage: Govt
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package(PMGKP) Insurance Scheme Extended for another Six Months
- Six months extension have been made to the PMGKP Insurance Scheme. The Scheme was announced for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19 on 30th March 2020 under the flagship scheme Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, 2016.
Gujarat government, SIDBI sign MoU to boost MSME growth
- The MoU between the Gujarat government and the Small Industries Development Bank of India intends to boost self-reliance, capacity building and market support for the state’s 35 lakh MSMEs. The objective is also to hasten technology transfer and innovation within the state.
|Small Industries Development Bank of India(SIDBI) Headquarters location||Lucknow|
|Founded||2 April 1990|
|Agency executive||Mohammad Mustafa, (Chairman and Managing Director)|
Harivansh Narayan Singh elected as Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
- Shri Harivansh Narayan Singh has been elected as the Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha for the second time. Harivansh’s name was proposed by the BJP president JP Nadda. The opposition had fielded Manoj Jha, an RJD member.
- Harivansh has been re-elected for a six-year term of the Upper House. The way Harivansh conducted the proceedings of the House strengthens democracy.
|Rajya Sabha Chairperson||M. Venkaiah Naidu|
|Deputy Leader of the House||Piyush Goyal, BJP; since 11 June 2019|
|Deputy Chairman||Harivansh Narayan Singh, JDU; since 9 August 2018|
SCTIMST, Trivandrum: Develops Indigenous device to help prevent blood clot in deep vein
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum (SCTIMST), an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has developed a device for the prevention of Deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UK returns 3 stolen idols back to India
- The UK authorities have returned the antique bronze idols of Lord Ram, Sita and Lakshman to India. These statues were stolen in 1978 from a temple in Tamil Nadu. They belong to the Vijayanagara Empire dating back to 15th Century
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
India, US sign statement of intent for dialogue on defence technology cooperation
- Both countries have signed statement of intent to enhance the bilateral dialogue on defence technology cooperation and to provide avenues for co-production and co-development of military equipment.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
India extends quality norms enforcement deadline for domestic toy industry to Jan 2021
- In a relief to India’s toy industry, the govt on Wednesday extended the enforcement of compulsory certification by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for toys to January 1, 2021 from September 1, 2020.
- “This decision allows domestic manufacturers four months of extra time to make necessary arrangements for compliance of standards in view of difficulties arising out of Covid-19 pandemic,” the commerce and industry ministry said in a statement.
|Bureau of Indian Standards(BSI)||Standards body|
|Headquarters||Manek Bhawan, Old Delhi|
|Founder||Parliament of India|
37 Mega Food Parks in 23 States/UTs Approved
- Mega Food Park Scheme (MFPS) is being implemented by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries. The scheme has been creating modern infrastructure for the food processing industries since 2008.
- A Total of 42 food parks have been planned, and 37 Mega Food Parks have recently been approved out of which 19 are already operational.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
L&T Technology Services, UK’s Exponential-e to offer workplace solutions
- On Wednesday L&T Technology Services announced a partnership with UK-based Cloud, connectivity and communications services provider, Exponential-e to jointly offer workplace transformation solutions to customers working in the post-COVID environment.
- LTTS would offer its latest solution i-BEMS Shield, built on the company’s i-BEMS framework, and anchored on Exponential-e’s composite SDN carrier grade network & cloud infrastructure.”The combination of these solutions will accelerate digital transformation of the workplace, across industries through digital technologies and platforms,” LTTS said in statement.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
At Darbhanga, Bihar Cabinet approves establishment of new All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS)
- PM Modi has approved establishment of a new AIIMS at Darbhanga, Bihar. The establishment of new AIIMS under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY). The total cost will be Rs.1264 crore and is likely to be completed within a period of 48 months from the date of the approval of the GoI.
- The Cabinet also approved the creation of one post of Director in the basic pay of Rs.2,25,000 (fixed) plus NPA (however pay + Non Performing Assets (NPA) would not exceed Rs.2,37,500) for the above AIIMS.
|Bihar||It is a state in East India, bordering Nepal|
|Chief minister||Nitish Kumar|