Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
World Food Safety Day – The World Food Safety Day was launched by the United Nations in 2019. The day is celebrated to reinforce the call made by the Geneva Conference and Addis Ababa Conference in 2019 on “The Future of Food Safety”. This year the day is celebrated under the theme Theme: Food Safety, Everyone’s Business
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry release advisories for effective waste management.
- IPS officer Ved Marwah, Delhi Police commissioner (1985-88) and Director General of National Security Guard (1988-90), died at 87.
- Covid-19 opportunity for India to speed up Ayushman Bharat: WHO chief Adhanom Ghebreyesus
- Govt. sets up taskforce headed by Jaya Jaitly to examine matters pertaining to the age of motherhood, imperatives of lowering maternal mortality rate and improvement of nutritional levels
- India’s foreign exchange reserve reach new all-time high of USD 493.48 billion in the week ended May 29.
- L&T board approves A M Naik’s reappointment as non-executive chairman for 3 yrs from October 1, 2020
- Western Coalfields Ltd opens three new coal mines in Maharashtra (Adasa) and MP (Sharda and Dhankasa) of 2.9 million tonnes (MT) annual capacity.
- US: Joe Biden clinches Democratic Party’s nomination for Presidential election.
- United Nations observes Russian Language Day on June 6; birthday of Russian poet Aleksandr Pushkin
- Former India footballer Hamza Koya (61) died of COVID-19 in Kerala
Current Affairs: INDIA
Gadkari launched Prevention of Human and Animal Mortality on Highways Campaign
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and MSME Nitin Gadkari has launched the UNDP national awareness campaign on ‘Prevention of Human and Animal Mortality on Highways’ on 5 June.
- Reducing or eliminating mortality on the roads of both human beings and animals.
Road Transport & Highways Founded
|Annual budget||91,823 Crs INR (US$13 billion, 2020-21 est.)|
|Officeholders||Mansukh L. Mandaviya (Minister of State), Nitin Gadkari (Union Minister)|
|Parivahan Bhavan, 1, Parliament Street, New Delhi|
Jammu & Kashmir: Large quantity of arms, ammunition recovered by Army and police at Rajouri
- In Jammu and Kashmir, Army and police today recovered a large number of arms and ammunition during a joint search operation in the Forest area of Kalakote in Rajouri district.
- This search operation had started three days back in the area following specific inputs. The recovered arms include one AK 47 Rifle, Three AK 47 Magazines, four Hand Grenades, Four Anti Personnel Mines, One Pouch, Four Detonators, a mobile set, and some other items. The search operation has ended with the recovery of this ammunition.
Current Affairs: International
India, China: Agree to peacefully resolve the situation in border areas
- India and China have agreed to peacefully resolve the situation in border areas in accordance with various bilateral agreements & keeping in view agreement between the leaders that peace and tranquility in India-China border regions are essential for the overall development of bilateral relations.
- External Affairs Ministry said in a statement that a meeting between the Corps Commander based in Leh and the Chinese Commander was held yesterday in a cordial and positive atmosphere.
|External Affairs Ministry Founded||Sep 2, 1946|
|Officeholders||V. Muraleedharan (Minister of State), Subrahmanyam Jaishankar (Minister)|
G20 countries pledge 21 billion USD to fight COVID-19
- The G20 countries pledged over 21 billion USD to fight against COVID-19. The countries have so far injected 5 trillion USD in March 2020 to help fight the global economic crisis. The 21 billion USD commitment was made only by the invited members.
|Salman of Saudi Arabia (2020)|
|Chairman||King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (2020)|
|Founder||Group of Seven|
|Founded||Sep 26, 1999|
Current Affairs: Sports
BFI nominates Amit Panghal, Vikas Krishan nominated for Khel Ratna
- World silver-medallist and Indian boxer Amit Panghal and Vikas Krishan were nominated for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award by the Boxing Federation of India (BFI).
- BFI has nominated world bronze-winning trio of Lovlina Borgohain under 69kg, Simranjit Kaur under 64kg, and Manish Kaushik under 63kg for the Arjuna awards.
- BFI has finalized and nominated the names of national women’s coach Mohammed Ali Qamar and assistant coach Chhote Lal Yadav, for the Dronacharya awards.
- The athletes’ and coaches ‘ nominations are based on performance during the last four years.
|BFI Awarded for||Highest sports honor in India|
Current Affairs: Technology
CeNS: Develops low-cost catalyst for hydrogen generation from water
- Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS) scientist has discovered that a low cost and efficient way to generate hydrogen from water using Molybdenum dioxide as a catalyst.
- They have found that Molybdenum dioxide (MoO2) nanomaterials annealed in hydrogen atmosphere can act as efficient catalysts. Using this, Hydrogen can be generated from water and produces water on energy generation without any carbon footprint.