Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty – On this day, observed annually on October 17 all over the globe. It is celebrated to create awareness to know about those who are struggling and living in poverty.
- VP Naidu calls for building equitable society on International Day for Eradication of Poverty
- Covid-19: Government identifying 30 crore who will get vaccine on priority
- Talks with LJP broke as Chirag was adamant on 36 seats: Bihar Deputy CM Sushil Modi
- NDA bets on most backward caste candidate to beat RJD in Bihar polls
- CPEC set for expansion: China-Pakistan plans additonal road networks
- Mumbai Police make sixth arrest in TRP case
- US Budget deficit hits $3.1 trillion amid coronavirus spending surge
- Bain’s $500 million bet on Trans Maldivian Airways crash lands
- Bangladesh PM’s daughter launches global campaign against women harassment
- Indicators point to economic recovery, but recouping may be fragile: Report
- Inflation target should be higher, wider: Experts
- Retail giants eye rural India, small towns to push growth
- Tata Motors ties up with HDFC Bank for financing of passenger vehicles
- Apparel exports rise 10% in September; on path of V-shaped recovery: AEPC
- Ahead of festive season, auto sales head north; fuel consumption ride pillion
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
India banned the import of refrigerators & Air Conditioners completely
- India has recently banned the import of refrigerants and air-conditioners completely tightening norms on “non-essential” imports. This has been done to reduce imports from China and tighten local manufacturing.
- This says that an importer cannot fill in the refrigerant outside India. Thus, he will have to create assembly units using the local work force. This will increase employment in the country.
Lancet: Life Expectancy in India increases to 70.8 years
- The recently published Lancet medical report says that the life expectancy of India has increased since 1990.
- The life expectancy of India has increased from 59.6 years in 1992 to 70.8 years in 2019. Kerala has the highest life expectancy. In Kerala life expectancy has increased to 77.3 years. The life expectancy of Uttar Pradesh was 66.9 years.
|Kerala||State if India|
|Chief minister||Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Governor||Arif Mohammad Khan|
India to become free of Trans Fat by 2022
- On October 16, 2020, the Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan announced that India has set a target of becoming trans-fat free by 2022. This target is year ahead of the target of World Health Organisation.
- The announcement was made when the Minister presided over an event organised by the food safety and Standards Authority of India to celebrate the World Food Day. The World Food Day is celebrated by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation every year on October 16.
|Agency executive||Rita Teaotia (Chairperson)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Webinar between India Kazakhstan Defence Cooperation Hosted
- Ambassadors of both countries and senior Ministry of Defence (MoD) officials from both sides participated in the webinar. A webinar between India and Kazakhstan was held on October 15 2020.
- Theme of webinar – ” Make In India For The World, India – Kazakhstan Defence Cooperation: Webinar and Expo”.
- Webinar was organized under the aegis of Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence through FICCI.
- This webinar is the part of the series of webinars which are being managed with friendly foreign countries to boost defence exports and achieve defence export target of $5 billion in the next five years.
|Kazakhstan||Country in Central Asia|
|Official languages||Kazakh, Russian|
India Hosts Virtual Summit of Ministers of Justice of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
- 7th Meeting of Ministers of Justice of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad hosted the Member States, Minister of Law & Justice, Communication and Electronics & Information Technology on October 16, 2020.
- India today hosted the virtual Summit of Ministers of Justice of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, SCO.
- The summit highlighted the initiatives taken by the Indian Government for providing affordable and easy access to justice for all and also about Pro Bono Legal Services to provide free legal aid to marginalized sections of the society.
Israeli Parliament Approves Historic Peace Deal with UAE
- The Parliament of Israel, approved the historic normalization deal or the peace deal called as the Abraham Accord with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on October 15, 2020. Israeli Parliament initially signed the agreement in Washington on September 15, 2020.
- Eighty were voted in favour of the deal while 13 were opposed it. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called for peace with Lebanon which is Israel’s neighbour in the north.
- The UAE and Bahrain became the first Gulf countries to agree upon the formulation of official relations with Israel.
|Israel||Country in Middle East|
|Prime minister||Benjamin Netanyahu|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
PFC and JKPCL signs agreement for Liquidity Infusion for Jammu and Kashmir UT
- Government-owned Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC), India’s leading NBFC, has sanctioned Rs.2790 crore to Jammu Kashmir Power Corporation ltd (JKPCL) for clearing its outstanding dues.
- PFC and JKPCL signed and exchanged an agreement for Liquidity Infusion Scheme under “Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan” for the Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Bepi Colombo Spacecraft reaches Mercury in its journey towards Venus
- The BepiColombo Space Craft was launched jointly by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency and European Space Agency to planet Mercury. The space craft has now crossed Venus on its way to Mercury.
- The mission BepiColombo consists of two satellites launched together. They are Mercury Planetary Orbiter and Mercury Magentospheric Orbiter. The two satellites will separate on arriving Mercury.
- The mission will perform study of mercury. This will include characterisation of magnetosphere, magnetic field in both interior and on the surface of the mercury.
- The spacecraft Bepicolombo was launched on Ariane 5 rocket.
- It will arrive Mercury in 2025.
- The Mission is a part of the Horizon 2000+ Programme of European Space Agency and was the last mission of the programme.
Gov Tech- Thon 2020 to be held from 30th October
- GoI’s NIC(National Informatics Centre), IEEE Computer Society (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and Oracle Corporation will organize Gov Tech- Thon 2020 commencing from October 30, 2020, to November 1 2020.
- Gov Tech-Thon 2020, a pan India 36 hours virtual Hackathon to be organized from October 30 to November 1, 2020. It is launched under the Government of India’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.