Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
WORLD OCEANS DAY – Every year, World Oceans Day is celebrated by the United Nations on June 8. The day is celebrated to remind people all over the world about the importance of oceans in everyday life. This year, the World Oceans Day is celebrated under the theme Theme: Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean
BEST FRIENDS DAY – On this day, honor your closest and dearest friend on Best Friends Day. Whether we’ve known them all our lives or they are more recently acquired, best friends make tough times bearable, fun times memorable, and memorable times priceless.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Ganga Quest 2020 quiz contest organized by NMCG (National Mission for Clean Ganga) in collaboration with NGO Tree Craze Foundation.
- Coro-robot serves food, water, and medicines to COVID-19 Patients in Thane; developed by engineer Pratik Tirodkar.
- Religious places, shopping malls, restaurants, and hotels re-open in most of the states with certain conditions today; Delhi opens its borders
- Nine Hizb-ul-Mujahideen terrorists killed by security forces in Shopian district of J&K in the last 24 hours.
- One lakh 24 thousand 94 people recover from COVID-19 in the country
- NGMA (National Gallery of Modern Art) to organize ‘ONLINE NAIMISHA 2020 – Summer Art Program’ from June 8 to July 3
- Hyderabad-based ARCI (International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials) develops rare-earth-based magnetocaloric materials) develops rare-earth-based magnetocaloric material for cancer treatment.
- Gross direct tax collection dips 4.92 Percent to Rs 12.33 lakh Cr in 2019-20.
- Customs to begin faceless cargo assessment for imports in Chennai and Bengaluru from June 8.
- Govt modifies public procurement norms; maximum preference will be given to products having 50 percent or more local content
- French forces kill Abdelmalek Droukdel, the leader of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, in Mali
- HRD Ministry’s Department of School Education & Literacy and Sports Ministry’s Fit India jointly produce special films promoting 10 indigenous sports of India.
- Russia’s Daniil Dubov wins Lindores Abbey Rapid Challenge chess title
Current Affairs: INDIA
India first in the world to make internet-controlled Robot
- An engineer from Thane has developed an internet-controlled robot. The bot is first of its kind. The robot addresses the needs of the hospitals treating COVID-19 patients.
- The robot has been named Coro-bot. It can independently dispense food, beverages, water, medicines. The robot also gives good advice to patients without the aid of nurses, staff, or other caregivers. The Coro-bot has been deployed for 1st time at the Holy Cross hospital in Kalyan.
|Features of Coro-bot||The Coro-bot has three nozzles. The 1st nozzle is used to provide a disinfectant bath for the robot himself. The 2nd nozzle is used to spray sanitizers on both sides of the path and the 3rd nozzle is used to disinfect the ground with UV light as the robot moves. The robot also has dispensers for tea, coffee, and water.|
Scientists of ARCI develop rare-earth-based Magnetocaloric material
- The scientists from the Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), have recently developed earth-based magnetocaloric material to treat cancer.
- The scientists at ARCI, an autonomous Research and Development Centre operating under the Department of Science and Technology recently developed a new material that reduces the side effects in the treatment of cancer.
India ranks 168: Environment Performance Index
- Yale University recently released the biennial Environment Performance Index. India scored 168th rank out of 180 countries. In 2018, India scored 27.6 out of 100 and secured 177th rank.
- Around 32 indicators were considered to create the ranking. Also, the index provided a 10-year observation of environmental performance at the national and international levels.
|Yale University Founded||Oct 9, 1701, it is the third-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and one of the nine Colonial Colleges chartered before the American Revolution|
|Yale University||It is a private Ivy League research university in New Haven, Connecticut|
Jaya Jaitly Task Force Constituted
- The Government of India has constituted the Jaya Jaitly Task Force that will work on the issues of women and child development. About the task force, The task force was constituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The team will work on the following:
- Lowering the Maternal Mortality Rate.
- Improve Nutritional Levels.
- Examine issues that are related to the age of motherhood.
|Ministry of Women & Child Development Founded||Jan 30, 2006|
|Annual budget||24,700 Crs INR (2018-19 est., US$3.6 billion)|
Current Affairs: International
UN headquarters preparing for three-phase reopening to ‘new normal’ amid COVID-19
- UN: The sprawling UNs headquarters, which has remained largely closed since mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, is preparing to re-open in 3 phases with new workplace measures being put in place for staff, diplomats & journalists that will include maximum two-person occupancy in elevators & wearing masks in common areas.
- As New York City begins the first phase of reopening from Monday, the UN is also gearing up for its return to normalcy in three phases.
António Guterres TrendingHeadquarters New York, New York, United StatesFounded 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States Official languages Arabic; Chinese; English; French; Russian; Spanish;