Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (Sep 29 to Oct 03). pdf
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (Oct 04 to Oct 10). pdf
- SC frowns at inordinate delay by government experts in documenting requests
- Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi slam UP govt over issue wellbeing of women in state
- Chidambaram refers to Biden’s ‘solidarity over division’ comment, urges electors in Bihar, MP to take comparative pledge
- A judge must be intrepid in giving choices: Justice Ramana
- Long term United Nations arms ban on on Iran expires despite US objections
- World Trauma Day observed on October 17
- Philippines to continue oil and gas investigation in questioned South China Sea; lift 6-year-old ban
- Avalanche in focal Vietnam hits armed force camp, covers 22 staff
- Govt to enlist specialists for outlining rules of three work codes
- Markers highlight financial recuperation, yet recovering might be delicate: Report
- IndiGo ponders devoted vessel administrations in the midst of anticipated flood in freight transportation
- 9 States and UTs chose by sports service for upgradation to KISCE (Khelo India State Center of Excellence)
- Cricket commentator Kishore Bhimani dies at 81
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Mission Shakti launched in Uttar Pradesh
- On October 17, 2020, the Uttar Pradesh Government launched “Mission Shakti” for women strengthening in the state. It expects to decrease wrongdoing against ladies in the state.
- Under the plan, the state will have a different space for ladies complainants in 1,535 police headquarters spread everywhere on the state. The State government is generally scrutinized that the mission was dispatched because of Hathras case discussion.
|Uttar Pradesh||State of India|
|Chief minister||Yogi Adityanath|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
In India Sputnik V Vaccine of Russia gets renewed approval for Clinical Trials
- On October 17, 2020, the Directorate Control General of India reestablished the endorsement of clinical preliminaries of Sputnik V antibody in India. The controller has educated the Russian Manufacturer of the immunization to lead all the periods of the clinical preliminaries of the antibodies in India.
- This is on the grounds that the stage I and stage II clinical preliminaries of the immunization directed in Russia was excessively little. Thus, the controller has restored the endorsement to lead all the three periods of the clinical preliminaries in India.
|Russia President||Vladimir Putin|
|Prime minister||Mikhail Mishustin|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
CRPF inks MoU with DRDO & IIT Delhi
- On October 17, 2020, the Central Reserve Police Force marked a Memorandum of Understanding with IIT Delhi and Defense Research and Development Organization to discover mechanical answers for the operational difficulties looked by the association.
- There are 500 officers associated with CRPF. The MoU will empower these officials to attempt transient courses in DRDO and IIT Delhi and furthermore seek after examination work. These prepared officials are to go about as tech counselors to the CRPF.
India’s night preliminary of Nuclear Capable PRITHVI II rocket successful
- India recently conducted the night trial of indigenously created atomic fit Prithvi II rocket.. The test was successful and conducted at Integrated Test Range, Balasore, Odisha.
- Prithvi II is a surface-to-surface missile. The main preliminary of Prithvi II was directed in September 2020. The dispatch was led by the Strategic Force Command. The total preliminary of the rocket was checked by Defense Research Development Organization.
DRDO test fires BRAHMOS missile successfully
- On Oct 18, 2020, the Defence Research Development Organization test fired the BRAHMOS rocket from INS Chennai successfully. The missile was test fired from an indigenously built stealth destroyer INS Chennai. The missile hit a target in Arabian Sea.
- BRAHMOS is a supersonic missile. It was jointly developed by India and Russia.
|DRDO Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Minister responsible||Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Lawsuit challenging H-1B wage increase filed in the US
- IT Serve Alliance, a non-benefit exchange association has recorded a claim in the New Jersey district court challenging the increase in the prevailing wage levels for H-1B visas.
- On Oct 6th the Department of Labor (DOL) gave an Interim Final Rule (IFR) to subjectively build the ‘overarching wages’ to recruit H-1B workers. This new guideline makes it essentially more costly for organizations to recruit H-1B laborers by raising wages by 40-half all things considered.
- ITServe’s protest charges that the DOL’s pay estimations in this IFR are seriously defective and it will make unsalvageable damage American businesses too the general economy.