Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL DONALD DUCK DAY – National Donald Duck Day on June 9th each year commemorates the birthday of a funny animated cartoon character. Donald Duck made his first screen debut on June 9, 1934, in The Wise Little Hen.
NATIONAL STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE DAY – On June 9th of each year, National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day recognizes a delicious and seasonal pie. A tart vegetable, rhubarb is often paired with sweet fruits making for a pleasing dessert. Around the country, rhubarb is a perennial favourite for home gardens.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (Pune) develops nano-technology based disinfectant spray ANANYA.
- Places of worship, Shopping Malls & restaurants reopen as the country enters into the first phase of an exit plan from nationwide lockdown.
- Delhi LG overrules Kejriwal govt’s order denying treatment of non-resident COVID-19 patients in city hospitals
- ASI monuments having places of worship to remain shut in 5 states despite centre’s nod to reopen them from June 8.
- Gairsain in Chamoli district declared the summer capital of Uttarakhand.
- IAF designs develop and induct ARPIT (Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation) for the evacuation of patients with infectious diseases from remote places.
- India’s economy will contract by 3.2 per cent in 2020-21: World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects report.
- BS-VI vehicles: Green strip of 1 cm width on top of the existing sticker carrying details of registration made compulsory
- NIPER Guwahati and Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd, Pune sign MoU for manufacturing of 3D antimicrobial face-shields
- Vietnam’s Parliament ratifies the European Union Vietnam Free Trade Agreement.
- Tropical Storm Cristobal touches the US State of Louisiana
- The global economy will contract by 5.2 per cent in 2020: World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects report.
Current Affairs: INDIA
ARCI, Mekins develop UVC-based multipurpose disinfection cabinet to contain surface contamination of Coronavirus
- ARCI and MEKINS Industries have jointly developed a UVC-based Cabinet.
- The device will disinfect non-critical hospital items, laboratory wear, and PPEs in the research laboratories to prevent surface contamination of COVID-19.
|International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI)||ARCI is an Autonomous Research & Development Centre of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt of India with the main campus at Hyderabad spread about 95 acres of land and with operations in Chennai & Gurgaon.|
IAF inducts Indigenous Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has designed developed and inducted an Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation (ARPIT).
- This pod will be utilized for the evacuation of critical patients with infectious diseases including the COVID-19 from high altitude areas, isolated and remote places.
|Helicopter||Dhruv, Chetak, Cheetah, Mi-8, Mi-17, Rudra, Mi-26, Mi-25/35, Apache AH-64E, CH-47 Chinook|
|Founded||Oct 8, 1932, India|
India’s first Online Waste Exchange launched
- The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the first online waste exchange program. The programme was launched for safe disposal of toxic wastes and promote recycling and reuse of toxic wastes.
Highlights – (I)The online waste exchange programme was launched on the occasion of World Environment Day. The platform is to track, audit, scrutinize the waste and encourage proper utilization of the waste.
(II)The platform launched is to comply with the principles of 6Rs namely Reuse, Recycle, Reduce, Redesign, Refurbish and Remanufacture. During the launch of the programme, it was announced that the AP Environment Improvement Act, 2020 is to be enacted soon.
|Andra Pradesh||It is a state in the south-eastern coastal region of India.|
|Chief minister||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy|
Different Colour bands for BS-VI vehicles
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways issued distinct colour band for the number plate sticker of BS-VI vehicles.
- The order makes it mandatory for the BS-VI vehicles to carry a green strip of 1 cm width on the top of the existing sticker. The sticker should carry details of registration of BS-VI vehicle and its fuel type.
- The petrol fuel vehicles should hold orange colour and diesel fuel vehicles should hold orange colour and diesel fuel vehicles should carry a blue colour.
|Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Founded||July 1942|
|Headquarters||Parivahan Bhavan, 1, Parliament Street, New Delhi|
|Ministry executives||Sanjeev Ranjan, IAS, Secretary; I.K. Pandey, Director General (Road Development) and Special Secretary to Government of India|
|Officeholders||Mansukh L. Mandaviya (Minister of State), Nitin Gadkari (Union Minister)|
LG over-rules CM’s order: Delhi
- The Lieutenant Governor of Delhi Anil Bajlal has overruled the Delhi Government order of reserving government and private hospitals in the Nation Capital only for Delhiites and allow COVID-19 test only for symptomatic patients.
Current Affairs: International
India, Denmark sign MOU to develop cooperation in the power sector
- India and Denmark signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Indo-Denmark Energy Cooperation to develop cooperation in the power sector.
- The MoU was signed between the Ministry of Power, India, and the Ministry for Energy, Utilities, and Climate, Denmark.
- The MoU was signed by Mr Sanjiv Nandan Sahai, Secretary (Power) from India and Mr Freddy Svane, Ambassador of Denmark to India from Denmark.
|Recognised regional languages||Faroese; Greenlandic; German|
World leaders won’t travel to New York for annual UN General Assembly session this year due to COVID-19
- For the first time in 75 yrs, world leaders will not travel to New York for the annual UN General Assembly session in September this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the President of the UN General Assembly has announced.
- The landmark 75th session of the UN General Assembly is expected to begin on Sep 15 & the first day of the high-level General Debate is likely to be on Sep 22, according to SDG Knowledge Hub website, an online resource centre for news on the UN.
Current Affairs: Business
RBI proposes a comprehensive framework for the sale of loans
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) today proposed a comprehensive framework for the sale of loan exposures, which could be standard, sub-standard or non-performing assets (NPAs), as part of the overall exercise to deepen the market for lending.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
|Founded||April 1, 1935, Kolkata|
Sensex jumps over 100 points in early trade
- Equity benchmark 30-share Sensex jumped over 100 points in early trade today on optimism over reopening of the economy & unabated foreign fund inflows.
- The Sensex was quoting 286.22 points higher at 34,656.80 and broader NSE Nifty rose 82.35 points to 10,249.80.
- The rupee appreciated 11 paise to 75.44 against the US dollar in early trade on today tracking gains in the equity market amid sustained foreign fund inflows. The rupee opened at 75.53 against the US dollar, then advanced to touch 75.44 against the US dollar, up 11 paise over its previous close.