Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
- Naval version of BrahMos supersonic cruise rocket test-fired from INS Chennai in the Arabian Sea
- ED addresses Farooq Abdullah in the event to alleged fraud in JK Cricket Association
- Coronavirus disease being ‘adequately contained’, energy rate underneath 8% for fourth day: Govt
- SC requests that Maharashtra SDMA take choice on Nanded gurudwara Dusshera parade
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan hits out at Kamal Nath over comment against MP minister
- Sharad Pawar to lead MPs’ appointment to PM looking for rain-hit farmers
- Gujarat High Court to relook at GST on mediators
- Yoga occasion of authorities from part States of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) held in Beijing
- Long term travel, arms ban forced by UN on Iran ends
- US retains top position in Asia Power Index for 2020 of Sydney-based Lowy Institute; followed by China, Japan & India
- Changes being made in all areas for nation’s development: PM Modi
- FSSAI’s new sanitation consistence stage to get operational across India from Nov
- Bank of Baroda, Accenture complete innovation incorporation of previous Vijaya Bank’s offices
- ABT Group’s ‘Mirakle’ immunity drink being used in 5 Coimbatore hospitals to treat Covid-19 patients
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
For the 1st time International Solar Alliance: Solar Awards presented virtual mode
- The third gathering of International Solar Alliance was held between October 14, 2020 and October 16, 2020. The gathering was held in virtual mode.
- During the gathering, the World Resource Institute report was introduced. The report recognized wellsprings of assets, requirements and occasions to scale up sun oriented ventures. The ISA is working with the WRI to prepare 1 trillion USD of assets by 2030. This is being executed under the “One Sun One World One Grid” activity of International Solar Alliance.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
WHO backs India’s proposal against “COVID-19 Vaccine Nationalism”
- Early in October, 2020, India & South Africa encouraged the TRIPS Council of the World Health Organization to defer certain standards to scale-up research, advancement, assembling and flexibly of clinical items to battle against COVID-19. This has been upheld by the World Health Organization.
- India and South Africa had proposed to ease international & intellectual property agreements on COVID-19 vaccines, treatments and tests.
Philippines resumes Oil and Gas Exploration in South China Sea
- The Govt of Philippines is to resume oil exploration in South China Sea. The President of Philippines as of late lifted the six-year restriction on oil investigation in Palawan Island.
- Region where Philippines Govt is to resume oil exploration is within the Exclusive Economic Zone of the country according to United Nations Convention on the Law of Sea, UNCLOS.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
India-Sri Lanka to hold SLINEX military exercise
- On Oct 19, 2020, India & Sri Lanka are to begin a three-day military exercise “SLINEX”. 8th edition of the exercise is to be held off coast of Trincomalee. It is to be led in non-contact adrift just organization. This technique has been embraced because of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The drill will incorporate arrangement of hostile to air weapons discharging, cross deck flying operations to fine tune high degree of inter-operability.
|Sri Lanka||Country in South Asia|
|Capitals||Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte|
|Currency||Sri Lankan rupee|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Sustainable Sold Waste Processing Facility developed by CSIR-CMERI
- CSIR-CMERI has developed Solid Waste Processing facility. The facility was helps to achieve decentralized decimation of solid waste. The main objective of the system is to unburden the segregation responsibilities. This is achieved by adopting advanced segregation techniques.
- The facility has special features such as segregating wastes such as masks, diapers, sanitary napkins, etc.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
FDI direct speculation proposition with even the smallest Chinese holding will need government nod
- Foreign direct speculation (FDI) proposition with even microscopic Chinese holding will require government endorsement, with the Center relinquishing its prior arrangement to set a story for “noteworthy useful ownership”.
- In April, when the Cabinet affirmed the arrangement for screening of FDI recommendations from nations circumscribing India, the administration had examined the choice to set the limit at either 10%, the arrangement in the Companies Act, or 25%, the remedy in the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
India very critical market for Instagram: Facebook India MD Ajit Mohan
- India is ‘basic’ for photograph and video sharing application Instagram and the dispatch of Reels has prompted an ‘touchy development’ in utilization and making of short video content on the stage, said Facebook’s India overseeing chief Ajit Mohan in a meeting.
- Alluding to the dispatch of other short video applications in the nation following the prohibition on Chinese TikTok, Mohan said the space is ‘uncommonly serious’ and Facebook — which claims Instagram — anticipates that the opposition should escalate.
- Reels was test dispatched seven days after the boycott was forced June 29 on 59 Chinese applications including TikTok following outskirt threats.
- There is as of now a different Reels tab for Indian clients, however now the organization has likewise dispatched the primary buyer advertising effort for the component in the nation. India is the main market worldwide where a Reels buyer showcasing effort is being dispatched.
|Social networking service|
|Date launched||6 October 2010|
|Developed by||Facebook, Kevin Systrom, Mike Krieger|
|Original authors||Kevin Systrom, Mike Krieger|