Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL EGG ROLL DAY – On this day, Roll out the red carpet for one of the country’s ultimate comfort foods. National Egg Roll Day on June 10th delivers one American Dream story and satisfies a craving at the same time. You know you’re craving an egg roll now!
NATIONAL ICED TEA DAY – National Iced Tea Day on June 10th each year celebrates one of summer’s favorite drinks. Whether you prefer sweetened or unsweetened, with or without lemon, much love and enjoy iced tea by the glass full all summer long.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- 958 dedicated COVID hospitals set up; Testing facilities increased across the country: Dr. Harsha Vardhan.
- Air India opens booking for flights from Europe under the 3rd phase of Vande Bharat Mission.
- Rajasthan seals its state borders in wake of surge in COVID 19 cases.
- J&K: 5 terrorists killed in an encounter with Security Forces in Shopian district
- No daily access to lawyers for jailed Unitech directors, says HC.
- COVID-19 cases in Delhi cross 31,000-mark
- India’s economy could contract by as much as 7.3% in FY21 in the event of the second COVID outbreak: OECD.
- Export curbs now only on specific diagnostic kits, instruments: DGFT
- India & China negotiate at 14,000 feet with the finger on the trigger
Current Affairs: INDIA
IIT Mandi researchers develop to make high-efficiency masks from waste plastic bottles
- The waste plastic bottles were used to develop a single thin layer of the nano-nonwoven membrane, which provides desirable particle filtration efficiency which is equal to the N95 respirator and a medical mask.
- Indian Institute of Technology Mandi researchers claims to have developed a technology for making high-efficiency masks using waste pet bottles. The researchers have filed a patent for the waste plastic bottles derived filter membrane technology based on electrospinning.
First virtual Trade Fair of India
- The Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts hosted a four day virtual fair for around 200 Indian Exporters. The exporters were mainly from the industries of fashion jewelry and accessories.
- The four-day fair that was conducted online focused on markets such as Europe and the United States. The fair generated business opportunities of Rs 153 Crs.
- Every seller was provided with a virtual stall.
|Virtual trade fair||Trade Fair is a virtual event run in an online environment, that is hosted online for a limited period of time.|
Assam Baghjan Oil Well Fire
- A massive fire engulfed the Baghjan oil well of Assam. The well of the Oil India Limited had blown out on May 27, 2020, and has been leaking gas for the past 14 days.
- The accident is causing huge damages and is leaking gas. The smoke from the site could be seen from 10 km of radius.
- The Indian Air Force has been helping in firefighting operations. The Indian Army has also reached the place and is in operation. The National Disaster Response Force team was deployed since the time of the gas leak.
|Chief minister||Sarbananda Sonowal|
Current Affairs: International
Asia’s Nobel Prize-Ramon Magsaysay Awards canceled
- A Manila, Philippines based foundation that gives out Ramon Magsaysay Award announced that the awards are being canceled due to COVID-19.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award has been canceled thrice in 6 decades. The awards were canceled for the first time in 1970 due to the financial crisis. It was canceled again in 1990 due to the disastrous earthquake. The award has been named after a popular Philippine president that died in a plane crash in 1957.
|Ramon Magsaysay Award||The award is considered as the Nobel Prize of Asia. It was established in 1957. The Award recognizes and honors individuals that have achieved distinction in their field and help others generously. The Award has been given in five categories namely journalism, government service, public service, literature, and creative communication|
- An Unmanned submersible of China dived deep down to 10,907 meters to the world’s deepest point Mariana Trench.
- A team of scientists left for an expedition on April 23, 2020. The researchers tested acoustic detection, video transmission, high precision depth detection during the deep-sea diving operation.
Current Affairs: Technology
CSIR-IIIM received IND approval for anti-cancer drug clinical trial
- The proposed clinical trial will pave the way for CSIR-IIIM to conduct the clinical trial of the important drug candidate IIIM-290 in pancreatic cancer patients.
- CSIR-Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM) Jammu received IND approval from the New Drugs Division of Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) for a potent anti-cancer, New Chemical Entity (NCE) effective against pancreatic cancer.
- The approval comes after the successful completion of preclinical development and the Investigational New Drug (IND) submission.
ANANYA: Disinfectant Spray developed by Defence Institute
- The Pune based Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) has developed Nano-Technology based disinfectant spray to fight against COVID-19. The spray has been named ANANYA.
- The spray can be used by common man, health care workers. Also, the spray can be used on a large-scale use as well. It can be used on masks, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), elevator buttons, contaminated surfaces such as medical instruments, doorknobs, rooms, and corridors.
|Defense Institute of Advanced Technology(DIAT)||DIAT operated under the Ministry of Defence. The institute trains officers of Indian Ordnance Factories, Coast Guards, Indian Armed Forces (Air Force, army & Navy). It was established in 1952. The Defence Minister of the Chancellor of the Institute.|
Current Affairs: Business
NFL inks MoU with ITI Nangal for the training of youth in 12 trades for employment
- With a view to give thrust to the Skill India initiative, National Fertilizers Limited, NFL, a Central Public Sector Enterprise Under Department Of Fertilizers, have started tying up with Industrial Training Institutes located near to its plants to train youth in various trades and to enhance the chances of their employability in heavy and process industry.
- The Nangal plant of the company in Punjab has signed an MoU with ITI, Nangal to train youth in 12 trades.
|Owner & Founder||Government of India|
|Subsidiary||Urvarak Videsh Ltd|
Current Affairs: Sports
MHRD, Sports Ministry launch special films to promote indigenous sports of India
- The indigenous sports of India will also cover a mix of very old sports, like, Kalaripayattu, and some recent Roll Ball which has gained a lot of popularity and is now played in at least 50 countries.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and the Ministry of Sports have collaborated to produce a series of special films to promote 10 indigenous sports of India.
|Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Officeholder||Kiren Rijiju (MOS independent charge)|
|Founded||May 27, 2000|
|Departments||Department of Children & Youth Affairs, Department of Youth and Sports Development|