Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
World Statistics Day – Static – divison of the United Nations Department of Economic Affairs is the worldwide facilitator of the mission, characterizing worldwide key messages and making accessible effort assets to nations and different accomplices. The third World Statistics Day will be commended far and wide on 20 October 2020.
- India test-fires Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) rocket of range 15-20 km; developed for terminating from helicopters
- Israeli Embassy to have ‘Water Attaché’ in India from January; North-East Consul: Ambassador Ron Malka
- Bahrain and Israel sign Joint Communique on Establishment of Diplomatic, Peaceful and Friendly Relations
- First commercial passenger flight to Israel by a carrier from UAE lands at Ben-Gurion international airport near Tel Aviv
- Greece to extend a wall along its northeast border with Turkey, over migrants’ entry concerns
- Nokia wins $14.1 million NASA agreement to set up 4G network on Moon
- Centre launches ‘Ayushman Sahakar’ scheme to help cooperatives contribute to creation of healthcare infrastructure
- Amazon Web, NITI Aayog dispatch Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center (CIC) to address cultural difficulties through computerized development
- Maharashtra: ADB to give $346 mn credit to Rural High Voltage Distribution System (HVDS) Expansion Program
- MCX dispatched prospects exchanging ongoing Base Metals Index ‘METLDEX’
- Granted FGD (vent gas desulphurisation) establishment orders for 50 GW warm force age for cutting hurtful outflows: NTPC
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
PM to introduce India Energy Forum by CERAWeek
- PM Shri Narendra Modi will initiate the yearly India Energy Forum by CERAWeek that will be held between Oct 26 – Oct 28 2020. Discussion is in its fourth year and is facilitated by IHS Markit.
- Function was to gather a global gathering of speakers and delegates just as a network of 1,000 representatives from India and local energy organizations, energy-related enterprises, foundations and governments,”.
- The event’s speakers include Energy minister,Senior industry Executives and leading national and international energy experts.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Singapore: first Country to join Facial Verification in National Identification Database
- Singapore as of late included facial acknowledgment to its National Identity Database. Furthermore, in this manner, it has become the first nation to remember the innovation for quite a while public information base.
- The system introduced is called “SingPass Face Verification”. Though this, a number of government services can be accessed online. It provides 400 online services including public housing applications and tax declarations. The facial recognition system is compatible with tablets, computer, public kiosks and cell phones.
|Singapore||Country in Asia|
India-ADB sign 177 million USD to develop roadways
- On October 19, 2020, the Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed an agreement of 177 million USD to upgrade 450 km of district roads and state highways in the state of Maharashtra.
- The loan agreement was signed between the Department of Economic Affairs operating under Ministry of Finance, Maharashtra State Road Improvement Project and ADB. These roads will improve the connectivity between urban and rural areas. It will enable better access to markets in the rural areas.
- Also, the roads will improve mobility and livelihood opportunities outside the major urban centres reducing income disparities.
|Asian Development Bank(ADB) Headquarters||Mandaluyong, Philippines|
|Founded||December 19, 1966|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
India successfully test fires SANT Missile
- On October 19, 2020, India effectively test terminated the Stand-Off Anti-Tank Missile called SANT. It was created by the Defense Research and Development Organization for the Indian Air Force. The rocket was test terminated at the Chandipur test range.
- The rocket has both lock-on before dispatch and lock-on after dispatch capabilities.
Australian Navy to join Malabar Exercise
- On October 19, 2020, the Government of India reported that the Australian Navy will join the Malabar practice that will be led in November 2020. This implies that all the four Quad nations are to take an interest in the activity.
- The countries to participate in the exercise are Japan, India and US. In the process of seeking international cooperation in maritime security domain, India had sought Australia to participate in the exercise. The exercise is to be held in “non-contact at sea” format.
|Australia||Country in Oceania|
|Prime minister||Scott Morrison|
India-US to sign the BECA pact during 2+2 Dialogue
- The Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and external affairs minister Jay Shankar will hold 2+2 dialogue with their United States counter parts mark as per and Mike pompeo. The dialogue is to be held between October 26 2020 and October 27 2020.
- During the dialogue India and US will sign the fourth and final foundational military pact called BECA. BECA is basic exchange and cooperation agreement for Geo spatial cooperation.
- Apart from this the countries will also sin 3 billion USD worth deals. This includes six Apache attack Helicopter and Romeo Naval helicopters. With this the total value of Indian defence deals with the United States will become 21 billion USD since 2007.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Heeng Cultivation introduced in Indian Himalayas
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Institute of Himalayan bioresource Technology has taken up Heeng cultivation in the Lahaul valley of Himachal Pradesh. Around 750 hectares are to be covered under Heeng cultivation.
- The IHBT had earlier partnered with Department of Agriculture, Himachal Pradesh to boost production of Heeng and Saffron in the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
1st ever SCO Startup Forum to be launched on 27th October, boost for ‘Startup India
- The 1st ever Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO) startup forum will be launched on 27th October 2020,ahead of the SCO trade Ministers meeting on 28th October 2020.
- The 1st ever SCO Startup Forum will be launched on October 27 2020.The gathering will establish the framework for multilateral participation and commitment among the SCO Member States to create and sharpen their startup environments, by and large. Advancement and Startups will be the key center zone of SCO
|Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO) Headquarters||Beijing, China|
|Founded||15 June 2001|
|Deputy Secretaries General||Sabyr Imandosov; Wang Kaiwen; Aziz Nosirov; Vladimir Potapenko|
|Official language||Chinese and Russian|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Nozomi Okuhara secures Women’s Singles title at Denmark Open
- In Badminton, previous Japanese World Champion Nozomi Okuhara secured the Denmark Open title beating three-time best on the planet Carolina Marin in ladies’ singles.
- The Japanese star took 56 minutes to get the better of the Olympic gold medallist Spaniard in two games 21-19, 21-17, at Odense.
- With reigning world champion PV Sindhu of India opting to sit out the event, two of her biggest rivals made it through to the final.