Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL FRIED RICE DAY – On this day, Order up a side of Hibachi Chicken Rice to celebrate National Fried Rice Day on Sep 20th. During this food holiday, fried rice stars the centerpiece of the meal. Its flavo r captures the dinners hearts & keeps them coming back for more.
- Rajya Sabha passes Epidemic Diseases (Amendment) Bill, 2020 to punish those attacking healthcare workers
- Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan not implemented in Bengal as state did not provide any info: FM
- Covid-19: Commercial launch of Tata CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) test approved by DGCI (Drug Controller General of India); developed by CSIR-IGIB (Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology)
- BJP should give account of 15 years of rule in MP: Kamal Nath
- NITI Aayog, ISPP (Indian School of Public Policy) join hands for capacity building of government officials
- Farm bills undermine food security system: Congress
- Opposition attacks govt on several issues in Rajya Sabha: COVID-19, ordinances, migrants
- Tamil Nadu becomes first state with AI, blockchain, cybersecurity policies
- DMK sticks to Tamil pride and Centre’s hegemony. Will that translate into votes?
- Nepal introduces new text books with revised map incorporating Indian territory of Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura
- 50th meeting of India’s BSF and Border Guard Bangladesh concludes in Dhaka
- US bans Chinese apps TikTok and WeChat citing threat to national security
- Ruth Ginsburg, former US Supreme Court judge and women’s rights champion, dies at 87
- Lok Sabha passes Bill to amend Companies Act to decriminalise and reduce/remove penalties of various offences, promote ease of doing business
- Govt set to amend FCRA; Aadhar to be mandatory for registration
- Rajya Sabha passes bill to ensure that fresh insolvency proceedings will not be initiated for at least six months starting March 25 under IBC (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code)
- Lok Sabha gives nod to Taxation and Other Laws (Relaxation and Amendment of Certain Provisions) Bill, 2020
- Eye-watering problem: Agra-based optician’s claim threatens to break the Indian banks
- India’s total external debt increased by 2.8% to USD 558.5 billion at the end of March 2020
- Over Rs 70K crore worth of loans sanctioned to discoms under liquidity package: Government
- Tata Power venture TPRMG’s 200 microgrids expected to be ready by 2021: Rockefeller Foundation
- Triumph Motorcycles eyes up to 20% growth in sales this fiscal in India
- Sports activities resume at SAI training centres under “Khelo India-Firr Se” drive: Kiren Rijiju
- IPL: Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians by five wickets in first match played in Abu Dhabi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Three Bills at lob sabha introduced at the Lower House for labour welfare
- Union Labour and Employment Minister introduced 3 Bills at the Lok Sabha to improve working conditions of workers and protect their interests at the paces of work. These Bills include Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Code, Industrial Relations Code and Code of Social Security.
|Lok Sabha||Governing Body|
|Founded||17 April 1952|
|Leader of the House||Narendra Modi, BJP; since 26 May 2014|
West Bengal: To map lesser known religious institutions for conservation purposes
- The information and cultural affairs department’s decision to conserve all lesser known and forgotten religious institutions comes under two programmes – ‘Maha Tirtha Bhumi’ (Great Pilgrimage Land) and ‘Maha Punnya Bhumi’ (Great Sacred Land).
|West Bengal||State of India|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Taiwan president Tsai Ing-wen says drills show China is threat to whole region
- The last 2 days of Chinese aircraft approaching Taiwan demonstrate that Beijing is a threat to the entire region and have shown Taiwanese even more clearly the true nature of China’s govt, President Tsai Ing-wen said on Sunday.
- Multiple Chinese aircraft flew across the midline of the Taiwan Strait and into Taiwan’s air defence identification zone on Friday and Saturday, causing Taiwan to scramble jets to intercept. China claims Taiwan as its own territory.
|Taiwan President||Tsai Ing-wen|
|Currency||New Taiwan dollar|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Eight advanced technology centres set up for research on futuristic military applications
- The DRDO has established 8 advanced technology centres for researching identified futuristic or new technology areas. Currently, the organisation has 50 labs across the country for defence sector’s technological development.
|DRDO Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Minister responsible||Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence|
|Subsidiaries||Gas Turbine Research Establishment, Defence Scientific Information & Documentation centre|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
Chingari: Short video app signs licencing deal with T-Series
- Mumbai: Chingari, the Indian short-video sharing platform, which has seen a massive surge in subscriber base since ban on TikTok, has signed a music license agreement with T-Series. The deal was signed a month after the music label’s sending legal notices to TikTok-like apps for infringement of their copyright.
- With the deal in place, the music catalogue of India’s largest music label will be available to all the user of Chingari app in India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Internet user base rises 3.4% to 743 mn at Mar-end; Jio commands over 52% market: Trai data
- NEW DELHI: The number of internet subscribers in India increased to over 743 million at the end of March 2020, clocking a growth rate of 3.4 per cent on a sequential quarter basis, showed Trai data on sector’s quarterly performance.
- Reliance Jio led the chart grabbing 52.3 per cent of the overall market share, followed by Bharti Airtel NSE 3.25 % (23.6 per cent share) in the quarter ended March 2020.
- Vodafone Idea NSE 0.00 % held the third position as its internet subscriber base market share was at 18.7 per cent, for the period in reference.
|Telecom Regulatory Authority of India(TRAI)||Govt Agency|
|Founded||20 February 1997|
|Agency executive||Ram Sewak Sharma (Chairperson), Sunil K. Gupta (Secretary)|