Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NELSON MANDELA INTERNATIONAL DAY- On this day, observed on 18 July every year across the globe. The day is aimed to honour Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s first black president, Nobel Prize winner, and anti-apartheid icon.
- PM Modi calls for reformed multilateralism with reformed United Nations at its centre.
- Election Commission seeks views from political parties regarding poll campaign in wake of pandemic.
- IITs decide to do away with 75% marks criteria for admission this year.
- All capitals cities of North-Eastern states to be connected with rail network by 2023.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh visits key forward post along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir.
- J-K: 3 civilians killed in Pakistan ceasefire violation in Poonch.
- Kolkata Airport extends restrictions on arrival of flights from six cities till July 31.
- Rajasthan Political crisis: BJP demands CBI probe into alleged phone tapping in state.
- Haryana Horticulture dept organising 5-day Sub-Tropical Fruit Expo 2020 at Centre for Sub-Tropical Fruit at Ladwa.
- Mizoram: 3 moderate earthquakes jolted eastern parts of state
- Ashok Leyland appoints Andrew Palmer non-executive chairman of British arm Optare Plc.
- FIEO suggests government to issue show cause notice to risky exporters for tax refunds fraud
- Sri Lankan govt issues gazette notification on health guidelines for parliamentary elections.
- Bangladesh bans free internet services for Social media.
- Genocide in Xinjiang by Chinese Communist Party akin to Nazi Germany: Report.
- China battles new Covid-19 outbreak in far west Xinjiang, infections climb to 17.
- Pakistan reports 1,918 coronavirus cases taking the tally in country to 261,917.
- Russia & China out to undermine US election, says Biden citing intelligence briefing
- BCCI asked to pay Rs 4800 crore to ‘wrongfully terminated’ Deccan Chargers from IPL.
- Coronavirus plays spoilsport as global sporting events are cancelled or delayed
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Cochin Shipyard Ltd(CSL) has signed agreement to build autonomous electric ferries for Norway
- Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) has signed a contract with ASKO Maritime AS, Norway, a subsidiary of NorgesGruppen, to build autonomous electric ferries. The agreement paves way for the construction and supply of the two autonomous electric ferries along with an option to build two more identical vessels.
- The project will put CSL into a league of premier shipbuilding yards in the world, which will be known capable of handling high tech vessel construction.
- The total value of the contract has not yet been disclosed by CSL.
|Cochin||City in Kerala|
|Development Agency||GCDA, GIDA|
|Judicial Capital||High Court of Kerala|
Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal addressed Digital Indo-Italian Business Mission
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur virtually addressed the opening session of Digital Indo-Italian Business Mission on Food Processing. The session will hold a two-day event.
- It will include digital conferences, trade fairs, and Business-to-Business service (B2B) meetings.
- The Digital Indo–Italian Business Mission on Food Processing will offer a unique platform for India and Italy to explore partnership opportunities.
|Italy President||Sergio Mattarella|
|Prime Minister||Giuseppe Conte|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
EU tells United State: Stop threatening our companies with sanctions
- European Union is warning the Trump administration to hold off threatening trade sanctions against EU companies involved in the completion of new German-Russian and Turkish-Russian natural gas pipelines and instead discuss differences as allies.
EU Headquarters Brussels, Belgium Founded Nov 1, 1993, Maastricht, Netherlands Founders Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
India’s foreign exchange reserves reach all-time high of 516.362 billion dollars
- India’s foreign exchange reserves have swelled by 3.108 billion dollars to reach a fresh all-time high of 516.362 billion dollars in the week ended 10th July 2020.
- Foreign currency assets, a major part of the overall reserves, rose by 2.372 billion dollars to 475.635 billion dollars.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
MNCs could face double taxation or get tax arbitration due to new digital transaction law
- MUMBAI: As India introduced an equalisation levy at 2 percent, many companies may be staring at the possibility of double taxation on digital transactions such as buying software or equipment.
- Currently, many of them pay a 10 percent royalty withholding tax on purchases from multinationals located outside India.
- India has brought in new regulation effective April 1 whereby the 2 percent tax could be levied on any purchase by an Indian or India-based entity through an overseas ecommerce platform.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
India tells U.S. that decision to levy digital tax on Google, Amazon isn’t biased
- India’s decision to levy a tax on companies offering digital services in the country is not aimed at any particular country and the decision will not be reconsidered, people with knowledge of the matter said.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ARCI, Vehant Technologies develop UV System for baggage Scan Disinfection to curb COVID-19 spread
- International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad, and Vehant Technologies, Noida has jointly developed KritiScan UV Baggage Disinfection System.
- The compact Ultraviolet C (UVC) conveyor system is capable to efficiently disinfect the baggage passing through the conveyor within a few seconds.