Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL EAT WHAT YOU WANT DAY – Observed annually on May 11th, National Eat What You Want Day sets diets aside for a day of indulgence. It’s about having one day a year of eating with no regrets. Whether you love donuts or fast food, today is your day to gratify without feeling guilty.
NATIONAL FOAM ROLLING DAY – Each year on May 11th, National Foam Rolling Day recognizes a therapy that’s been called the poor man’s massage. You only go to the dentist once a year, but you brush your teeth every day. While we can’t get a massage every day, foam rolling offers the next best thing! Brush your muscles daily with a foam roller.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- ICMR to test for community transmission in the worst-affected 75 hotspot districts.
- Health Ministry to send central teams to the Ten States witnessing high caseload and spurt in cases.
- COVID-19 pandemic – Indian Naval Ship Kesari departs for Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar, and Comoros, to provide food and medical supplies under ‘Mission Sagar’.
- National Institute of Virology, Pune develops the first indigenous antibody detection kit for COVID-19.
- DRDO’s RCI (Research Centre Imarat) lab in Hyderabad develops DRUVS (Defence Research Ultraviolet Sanitiser) to sanitize electronic gadgets, paper & currency notes.
- BPRD (Bureau of Police Research and Development) publishes a step-by-step guide for law enforcement agencies to identify “fake news” and videos
- The number of tigers in the Indian Sunderbans in 2019-20 rose to 96, from 88 in 2018-19: West Bengal Forest Department.
- Eminent historian Hari Shankar Vasudevan dies aged 68 in Kolkata.
- ‘Matka King’ Ratan Khatri dies at the age of 88 in Mumbai.
- Matka involved betting on the opening and closing rates of cotton released by the New York Cotton Exchange.
- No change in the ration Shop distribution. 12 kg rice per person card, 20 kg rice per two-person card will continue – Minister Kamaraj.
- TN govt has said that the decision to open places of worship in Tamil Nadu will be decided by May 16.
- In Chennai, the maximum number of people affected by coronavirus is 676. 105 people have been affected overnight.
- ICMR, Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech International Ltd (BBIL) tie-up to develop the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Factory working hours increased from 8 to 12 in M.P.
- Pharmaceutical exports from India grew 7.57 Percent to USD 20.58 billion in 2019-20: Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India (Pharmexcil)
- Little Richard, US singer known for songs such as ‘Tutti Frutti’ & ‘Long Tall Sally’, dies aged 87.
Current Affairs INDIA
On IRCTC: Passenger train booking to start online at 4 pm
The booking for passenger trains is starting at 4 pm on Monday. The Strict compliance of social distancing norms, not all seats will be made available for booking on these trains, which are scheduled to run from May 12.
All trains will run from Delhi railway station for 15 destinations which are:
Dibrugarh, Agartala, Howrah, Patna, Bilaspur, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Secunderabad, Banglore, Madras, Thiruvananthapuram, Madgaon, Mumbai Central, Ahmedabad & Jammu Tawi.
Forensic Science Survey Results: Visakhapatnam Gases
The gas leak from the LG Polymers factory in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, on the morning of the 7th. It spread in the air and affected thousands of people for many kilometers. In the last two days, various sources of evidence have been collected.
It has been claimed that Styre’s gas leak was a human error. This meant that the staff had left the stored liquid in the styrene, which was not chemically inserted. Thus, it was not possible to control the styrene at temperatures below 20 degrees during the curfew. As a result, the chemical has evaporated and killed 12 people.
Manmohan Singh is in good health: AIIMS locality
Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been admitted to AIIMS hospital in Delhi due to chest pain last night.
The Hospital sources said, “Manmohan Singh is being treated continuously. His body has made good progress on new drugs. He had a fever with the new medicine. He is being monitored to prevent the flu. He is being monitored by cardiologists. ”
Current Affairs Tamil Nadu
Corona: What is the current state of Tamil Nadu?
Coronation attacks in Tamil Nadu are increasing day by day. Coronation Prevention Specialist Radhakrishnan said that the coronation impact will be increased in Chennai for the next six days.
Tirumalaisi: Temporary Vegetable Market Sale Started
Sales have begun on the temporary vegetable market that has been shifted from Koyambed to Tirumalaisi.
One of the most crowded places in Chennai, the Koyambed Market has become one of the reasons for the spread of corona in Tamil Nadu. Following this, the Koyambed Market was shifted to the Tirumalaisi area of Tiruvallur Dist for essential commodities including vegetables. Under the supervision of a number of officials and ministers, a 60-acre stadium was selected and arrangements were made for the shops, which was also visited by Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy.
Shop Opening .. Price High!!!!
While gold sales have resumed in the green and orange zones, gold prices have risen slightly.
The price of one gram (22 carats) of gold in Chennai today (May 11) rose to Rs 4,422. Yesterday’s price was 4,421. The price of gold today rose by one rupee per gram.
Similarly, 8 grams of gold, which sold yesterday for Rs 35,368, rose by Rs 8 to Rs 35,376 today.
Price of Pure Gold – The price of pure gold has risen slightly today. The price of 24-carat pure gold is Rs 4,702 per gram. Yesterday it sold for Rs 4,701. The price of 8 grams of pure gold rose to Rs 377,616 today from Rs 37,608 yesterday.
Price Of Silver – The price of silver continues today. The price of one gram of silver was at Rs.43.62. Yesterday’s price was Rs.43.61. A kilo of silver is being sold for Rs 43,620.
Current Affairs International
Everest? China once again disputes controversy…
On Friday last week, China Global Television Network posted a tweet.
The record stated, “The Sun’s halo is visible in Kuomlangma.” Everest is what China refers to as Kuomlangma. The world’s tallest But, not all of Everest belongs to Tibet. According to the 1960 agreement between China and Nepal, Everest was divided. It was signed that the southern region would be allocated to Nepal and the northern part of Tibet. Tibet is currently under Chinese domination. The people of the country have been voicing the demand for independence or independence for Tibet. The Dalai Lama, the Tibetan religious leader, has been stressing the same.
Belarus: Chancellor calling Corona a ‘psychic’…
Belarus: The European nation of Belarus has celebrated the 75th conquest of World War II without any fear of the corona. The event, held in the capital Minsk, was attended by tens of thousands. Speaking at the ceremony, the country’s president, Alexander Lukashenko, said: “There is nothing called coronavirus infection. A few days ago, he opened the capital Minsk Hockey Tournament.
The speech of the President of Belarus shocked the world. However, there is no major change in people’s normal lives when the curfew is not implemented. More than 22 thousand people have been infected with coronavirus in Belarus so far, with 126 people killed.