Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
International Nurses Day – On this day, an international day observed around the world on 12 May (the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth) of each year, to mark the contributions that nurses make to society. The International Council of Nurses (ICN) has celebrated this day since 1965.
NATIONAL LIMERICK DAY – On this day, National Limerick Day celebrates the birthday of English artist, illustrator, author, and poet Edward Lear (May 12, 1812 – Jan. 29, 1888). Lear is known mostly for his literary nonsense in poetry, prose, and limericks. The day also celebrates the limerick poem.
NATIONAL ODOMETER DAY – National Odometer Day on May 12th each year provides an opportunity to learn a little bit about the odometer. An odometer is an instrument that indicates the distance traveled by a vehicle. It may be electronic, mechanical, or a combination of both.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- National Technology Day celebrated on May 11; the day 3 nuclear tests were conducted at Pokhran, Rajasthan in 1998.
- Chandigarh-based Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory of DRDO develops a contactless sanitizer dispenser.
- Centre extends the deadline to complete seeding of Aadhaar numbers with ration cards till Sep 30.
- MP government launches the country’s first-ever ‘FIR Aapke Dwar’ Yojana; people can lodge FIR by calling at Dial 100 vehicle.
- Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launches the Central University of Odisha Helpline “Bharosa” on Cognitive Emotional Rehabilitation Services for University Students of Odisha.
- Indian Railways, Passenger services to be partially restored from May 12th.
- Fifteen pairs of special trains (thirty trains) shall be operated.
- These will be an addition to the Shramik specials Special trains already running.
- They will have only air-conditioned classes i.e. First, Second & Third AC.
- Tickets can be booked online only through the IRCTC website.
- Maximum Advance Reservation Period (ARP) will be of 7 days.
- Passengers will be required to reach the station at least 90 min in advance to facilitate thermal screening.
- No Linen will be provided inside the train.
- Only packaged food and hand-sanitizers will be made available.
- All passengers will be required to wear face masks during the journey.
- Grammy winning-singer Betty Wright dies at 66 in the US.
- China wins inaugural FIDE Chess.com Online Nations Cup; India fifth.
- Tennis player Sania Mirza becomes 1st Indian to win ITF’s Fed Cup Heart Award for Asia/Oceania zone through online voting by fans.
- Para-athlete Deepa Malik retires; takes charge as President of the Paralympic Committee of India
Current Affairs INDIA
Passenger Train services partially restored
On May 12, 2020, the Indian Railways partially begins passenger train services. Around 15 trains are to be operated. These trains are in addition to the “Shramik special trains” that are in service transporting migrant workers. Only confirmed ticket holders will be allowed to board the train. The passengers should observe social distancing throughout their journey. They have to reach the station at least 90 min in advance and undergo thermal screening. Only asymptomatic passengers are allowed to travel.
Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME): Tech Centres help to manufacture micro parts of COVID-19 kits
The technology centers that are operating under the Ministry of MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) are manufacturing critical parts of the RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction) machines.
Technology Centres – The Technology Centres were established by the Ministry of MSME. They play a crucial role in providing skill development training to over 2 lakh youth and industry workforce. Today there are 18 technology centers in India. They provide design and manufacture of tools, mold and dies, precision components, forging and foundry, electrical measuring instruments, glass, footwear, sports goods, etc. Some of the technology centers also fulfill the needs of aerospace, defense & research, and development.
New 177 mandis integrated with the e-NAM platform
The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar has launched the integration of 177 new mandis with the National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) on 11 May. The move is to strengthen agriculture marketing and facilitate farmers to sell their harvested produce through the online portal.
- The 177 new mandis are from 10 States and Union Territories (UTs).
- Mandis has integrated are as follows: Gujarat (17), Haryana (26), J&K (1), Kerala (5), Maharashtra (54), Odisha (15), Punjab (17), Rajasthan (25), Tamil Nadu (13) and West Bengal (1).
- With the launch of 177 additional mandis, the total number of eNAM mandis across the country is 962.
- Currently, 150 commodities, including food grains, oilseeds, fibers, vegetables, and fruits, are being traded on e-NAM.
- More than 1,005 Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) have been registered on the e-NAM platform and have traded 2900 MT of agri-produce worth Rs.7.92 Cr.
Current Affairs Tamil Nadu
Free ration items for June: Rs 214 crore allocated!
Tamil Nadu, all family cardholders will be provided with free food items, including one kilogram of sugar, one kilogram of pulses, one kilo of cooking oil, and rice, which will always be provided to family cardholders in April and May.
Tamil Nadu – Comforting Message in the Striking Agni Star!
In TN, convection and atmospheric overlay rotation due in the next 48 hours Ariyalur, Cuddalore, Villupuram, Thanjavur, Thiruvarur, Nagapattinam, Pudukkottai, Ramanathapuram, Sivaganga, Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi, Kanyakumari and Pondicherry, Karaikal regions or occasionally thunderstorms moderate rain.
Fishermen Warning – Fishermen are advised not to go fishing in these areas as hurricane winds can blow up to 40 to 50 kmph in the southern Andaman, South East Bengal, and equatorial regions of the Indian Ocean from May 14-16.
The temperature of Tamil Nadu – Farmers and the public have been advised to avoid working in the open from 11.30 am to 3.30 pm for the next two days as the maximum temperature can be recorded at 40 degrees Celsius in Trichy, Karur, Salem & Dharmapuri districts. For Chennai, the sky is generally cloudy. The maximum temperature in the city is 36 degrees Celsius and the minimum temperature is 28 degrees Celsius.
Current Affairs International
Corona prevalence in Pakistan doubled in 10 days
Pakistan – Corona spread in that country was confirmed for the first time on 26 February. A maximum of 48 people has been killed by Corona in a single day on Thursday. The number of coronal deaths in the country has risen to 593. Moreover, from April 28th to May 7th, the country experienced 50.4 percent coronal deaths. 75 thousand people die of coronavirus in the US. It is in this context that the government of Pakistan has decided to relax curfews from tomorrow (Saturday). Markets are also allowed to operate five days a week.
Over 13 lakhs discharged from corona damage
More than 13 million 14 thousand people have recovered from the coronavirus worldwide. The outbreak of the Coronavirus, which began in Dec 2019 in Wuhan, China, has left more than 200 countries in the world unstoppable. Millions of lives have been lost and the economic downturn has taken a serious toll.
Scientists from various countries are trying to find a vaccine for this virus. As a result, the number of people infected with coronavirus worldwide has reached 13 lakhs. 3 rocket launches at Baghdad airport. So far, 38,43,153 people have been diagnosed with coronavirus. Of these, 22,63,082 are now in hospital care. Of the 48,066 coronal patients receiving treatment, the condition is worrisome.