Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL APPLE PIE DAY – This day Observed as Apple Pie Day, America’s favorite dessert, is observed annually on May 13th. Ingredients included good apples, good spices, figs, raisins, pears, saffron, and cofyn (a type of pastry crust).
NATIONAL FROG JUMPING DAY – Observed each year on May 13th, National Frog Jumping Day is a favorite of young and old alike. Mark Twain, in 1865 published his first short story, Jim Smiley and His Jumping Frog.
NATIONAL FRUIT COCKTAIL DAY – If you’ve been celebrating the food holidays routinely, National Fruit Cocktail Day on May 13th may be a way to improve the calorie count. The Childhood memories of a dish of fruit cocktail regularly served with a meal. This cocktail consists of various kinds of fruit served in a liquid of its juices or syrup.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- COVID-19: ICCR has releases the song ‘United We Fight’; written & composed by Joe Alvares.
- Indian Railways begins the restoration of passenger train services; will have only AC classes.
- Child and maternal malnutrition were behind 68 Percent of the under-five fatalities in India: India State-Level Disease Burden Initiative.
- TVS Group, Sundaram Medical Foundation, & IIT-Madras develop an automated respiratory assist device named ‘Sundaram Ventago’.
- US govt Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) commit USD 3.6 million to assist India in the COVID-19 fight.
- Prime Minister Modi announces Rs 20 lakh crore special economic package to deal with COVID-19; details to come from Finance Minister.
- Union Ministry of MSME launches the CHAMPION portal www.Champions.gov.in for assisting Indian MSMEs.
- 1989 men’s national table tennis champion Manmeet Singh Walia dies at the age of 58.
- Sports Authority of India (SAI) forms committee to prepare SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) to resume training post lockdown
Current Affairs: INDIA
The US provides USD 3.6 million in assistance to India
The US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced 3.6 million USD in assistance to India in order to fight against COVID-19.
The fund allocated is to be used to prevent, respond, and prepare India to act against the spread of COVID-19. The funds will also be used to strengthen the laboratory capacities of India. This specifically includes serology and molecular diagnostics. The funds will also be used to support Infection Prevention and Control centers. These centers will improve the ability of hospital networks to detect COVID-19.
Madhya Pradesh: The 1st State to launch innovative Scheme “FIR Aapke Dwar Yojana”
The Madhya Pradesh Government has launched “FIR Aapke Dwar Yojana”.The scheme has been launched in 23 police stations as a pilot project. This includes both rural and urban areas.
About The Scheme: Under the scheme, a person need not go to the police station to dodge a complaint. The scheme has deployed the head constables to register the complaints from the people. The scheme will also enable spot FIR registrations. When the complaints are serious, they will be forwarded to senior officers. Along with the scheme, the Home Minister of the State also launched a helpline, “Dial 112”. This will provide instant ambulance services, fire fighting services, and also will enable to contact of the police within a short period of time.
Current Affairs: Tamil Nadu
In which stage is in Tamil Nadu located?
- Chengalpattu district and 23 people have been confirmed infected with the Corona. This has increased the number of casualties to 414.
- Another 19 people have been diagnosed with coronavirus in Thiruvannamalai district today. Thus increasing the total number to 124.
- A 20-year-old youth from Alwar Thirunagar in Chennai died at the hospital today after being diagnosed with coronavirus, reports say.
- Chief Minister Palanisamy spoke to all district collectors today via video. At that time, coronal damage was first seen and then decreased. Tamil Nadu has said that the prevailing coronavirus in India is likely to decline later. A 60-year-old man from Bangladesh who was receiving treatment at the Rajiv Gandhi Government Hospital in Chennai died today.
- A man who tried to escape from coronary treatment near Chengalpattu died today.
- Coronavirus infection in Puducherry has increased to 13 as more people have contracted coronavirus.
- In the Kannaki Nagar area of 5000 families, 23 people have been declared a restricted area with coronavirus confirmed.
- Coronavirus has been confirmed for five persons in the Semmanjeri tsunami residential huts.
- Corona confirmed to 716 people in Tamil Nadu yesterday that the total number has increased to 8,718.
- A maximum of 510 people has been confirmed in Chennai. The number of victims has increased to 4,882.
Current Affairs: International
More than 300 lawmakers urge the IMF, World Bank to cancel poor countries’ debt
WASHINGTON: Over 300 lawmakers from around the world on Wednesday urged the International Monetary Fund and World Bank to cancel the debt of the poorest countries in response to the coronavirus pandemic, and to boost funding to avert a global economic meltdown. The initiative, led by former United States presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders and Representative Ilham Omar, a Democrat from Minnesota, comes amid growing concern that developing countries and emerging economies will be devastated by the pandemic.