Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL HANDLOOM DAY – On this day, Every year, the Government of India celebrates National Handloom Day on August 7. The day is celebrated to honour the handloom weavers in the country. Also, the day highlights handloom industry in India.
NATIONAL WATER BALLOON DAY – On this day, Fill ’em up! just in time for the hottest days of summer! Pop, throw, splash, or just squish! Since Edgar Ellington invented the waterproof sock in 1950, backyards haven’t been the same.
NATIONAL RASPBERRIES N’ CREAM DAY – On this day, Enjoy fresh berries in cream on August 7th during National Raspberries N’ Cream Day. With the raspberry season in full swing, what better way to celebrate than with this simple and delicious treat.
- DIAT, Pune wins first prize in Smart India Hackathon-2020
- Madras HC imposes Rs 10 lakh fine on Patanjali for claiming Covid-19 cure
- Ladakh: CISF takes over security of Leh airport from the local police
- RFL scam: Seeking “parity”, former Fortis promoter Malvinder Singh seeks bail
- New Education Policy focuses on how to think: PM Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi attacks PM Modi government over India’s COVID-19 tally crossing 20-lakh mark
- Explore possibility of restoring 4G internet service in certain areas: SC to J&K
- Ex-Union minister Manoj Sinha takes oath as new lieutenant governor of Jammu and Kashmir
- India extends Line of Credit worth $18 million to Maldives for fisheries
- Italy: Genoa San Giorgio Bridge inaugurated in Genoa
- Monetary Policy Review: RBI leaves interest rates unchanged
- Banks can give loans up to 90% of the value of gold and jewellery pledged
- RBI to set up ‘Innovation Hub’ for financial inclusion, efficient banking
- IBBI amends liquidation process rules; liquidator’s fee to ‘depend’ on work done
- Government abolishes All India Handicrafts Board
- Gujarat announces Industrial Policy 2020, CM Vijay Rupani says it will make the state Atmanirbhar
- India may impose anti-dumping duty on Chinese PET Resin
- India’s consumer confidence plummets to record low in July, all hopes pinned for next year
- Here’s what Indians have been spending their cash on during the coronavirus pandemic
- Govt notifies new rules to expand the use of Aadhaar beyond welfare schemes
- Serum Institute to price Covid-19 vaccine at $3 per dose for India and lower middle income nations
- BHEL begins civil works at 660-MW Sagardighi thermal power plant in West Bengal
- Tata Power, Azure Power and O2 Power emerge winners in NTPC auction
- Daimler Trucks infuses Rs 2,277 crore in India, to start second shift on demand recovery
- Aurobindo Pharma working on COVID-19 vaccine; shortlisted for BIRAC funding
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
In India 1st Mobile RT-PCR lab developed by IISc launched in Karnataka
- The State Government of Karnataka launched India’s first mobile RT-PCR lab in Bengaluru. The lab was developed by Indian Institute of Science, Bengalur. The lab has been named Mobile Infection Testing and Reporting (MITR) lab. It is capable of conducting 9000 tests per month.
- Apart from testing COVID-19, the lab can also be utilised to test HCV, H1N1, TB, HIV, HPV, etc. The main advantage of the lab is that it can be used for molecular diagnostic testing in COVID-19 hotspots quickly.
|Karnataka||State of India|
|Chief minister||B. S. Yediyurappa|
|Capital||Bengaluru (Executive Branch)|
RBI Monetary Policy: Bank keeps repo rate unchanged
- The six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of RBI held its meeting in Delhi. The committee was headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
|Founded||April 1, 1935, Kolkata|
For Financial Inclusion Reserve Bank of India has launches “Innovation Hub”
- The Reserve Bank of India launched “Innovation Hub” for ideation and incubation of new capabilities that can be leveraged to deepen financial inclusion.
- The hub is being launched to promote the start ups in the country. It will help in ideation and incubation of new capabilities. This will in turn help to deepen financial inclusion in the country and promote efficient banking services.
In India Lupin launched coronavirus drug Favipiravir at Rs.49 per tablet
- Lupin has announced the launch of its Favipiravir drug under the brand name ‘Covihalt.‘ The drug will be used to treat patients with mild to moderate COVID-19 symptoms at Rs.49. The Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) has approved Favipiravir for emergency use.
- The Covihalt dosage strength has been developed keeping in mind the convenience of administration.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Ammonium Nitrate: The Beirut Explosion
- A catastrophic blast occurred recently at the Lebanon capital, Beirut. The blast was driven by tonnes of Ammonium Nitrate that killed more than 135 people. Also, it injured more than 1000s.
- Ammonium Nitrate is a white, crystalline chemical that is soluble in water. It is the main ingredient used to manufacture commercial explosives.
- In India, the use of Ammonium Nitrate is defined by the Ammonium Nitrate Rules, 2012 under the Explosives Act, 1884. According to the rules, it is a compound that has more than 45% of ammonium nitrate by weight.
Govt of India extends Line of Credit worth 18 million USD to Maldives
- GoI extended Line of Credit of worth 18 million USD to Maldives to expand fishing facilities at Maldives Industrial Fisheries Company (MIFCO).
The funds granted to Maldives are to be used for the following
- To develop 50-tonne ice plant in Gemanafushi. Also, a 100-tonne ice storage facility is to be developed.
- The funds will be used to set up tuna cooked plant and fishmeal plant.
- Investments towards fish collection.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Microsoft expands TikTok takeover ambitions to entire global business, including India operations
- Microsoft has chasing a deal to buy all of TikTok’s all over world business, including the viral video app’s operations in India & Europe, the Financial Times reported on Thursday, citing people with knowledge of the matter. One investor pegged the value of Tik-Tok’s India business at as much as $10 billion.
- Microsoft had said on Sunday that it was in negotiations with ByteDance, the Chinese owner of TikTok and the world’s largest startup, to explore a purchase of the TikTok service in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju chaired 1st General Council meeting of Khelo India Scheme
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju chaired the first General Council meeting of the Khelo India Scheme on 4th July. The annual competitions like the Khelo India Youth Games and University Games, are being organized at the national level under the Khelo India Scheme. This has helped to identify sporting talent from all states.
- The meeting urged the states to organize State-level Khelo India Games annually with an effort to identify a larger number of grassroots-level talents.
|Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports||Government department|
|Officeholder||Kiren Rijiju (MOS independent charge)|
|Departments||Department of Children & Youth Affairs, Department of Youth and Sports Development|
|Founded||27 May 2000|