Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
International Day of Sign Languages – On this day, Every year, September 23 is marked as the International Day of Sign Languages by the United Nations. The day is being celebrated since 2018.
- EC says no direction to CBDT to issue notice to Sharad Pawar on poll affidavits
- Mayawati slams both Opposition, government over Monsoon Session chaos
- Buddhists, Muslims, Christians, political parties decide to boycott LAHDC (Leh) elections
- Ang Rita Sherpa, 1st man to climb Mount Everest 10 times, dies at 72 in Kathmandu
- 200,000 dead as Trump vilifies science, prioritizes politics
- NASA announces Artemis Plan to land first woman, next man on moon in 2024
- Lower MSP rise shows govt’s aim to balance farmer, consumer interests: Nomura
- Parliament passes bill to amend Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act
- With Covid restrictions gone, demonetisation cash deposits back under the Income Tax scanner
- India tops up strategic reserves with cheaper crude, saves over $685 million
- Dehradun Airport’s first phase upgradation to be completed by next month: AAI
- Pankaj Renjhen Joins ANAROCK as COO & Jt. MD – ANAROCK Retail
- Wesley So (US) and Magnus Carlsen (Norway) declared joint winners of St. Louis rapid and blitz online chess in US
- Sweden’s Armand Duplantis creates new world outdoor record of 6.14 metres in men’s pole vault
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Govt launched YuWaah, a multi-stakeholder platform to make young people career ready
- Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) have signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with Generation Unlimited (GenU), a global multi-stakeholder platform in India, to establish YuWaah, to make young people career ready. This information was passed by the Union Minister of State (IC) for Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju.
|UNICEF United Nations Children’s Fund Headquarters||New York, United States|
New Delhi: Ministry of AYUSH signed MoU with Ministry of Women and Child Development for Controlling Malnutrition
- Ministry of AYUSH signed MoU with the Ministry of Women and Child Development in New Delhi. The MoU is aimed to control Malnutrition as a part of POSHAN Abhiyaan.
- The MoU aims time-tested and scientifically proven Ayush-based solutions being adopted for controlling malnutrition in the country.
- The MoU is aimed to tackle the problem of malnutrition in mothers and children in the country.
|Ministry of AYUSH||Government Ministry|
|Officeholder||Shripad Naik (MOS independent charge)|
|Founded||9 November 2014, India|
Ministry of Environment launched National Conservation Strategy for Indian One-Horned Rhino
- Environment Ministry launched a National Conservation Strategy for Indian One-Horned Rhino. It was launched by the Union Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- The conservation initiatives for rhino has also enriched the grassland management as it helps in reducing the negative impacts of climate change.
|Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change||Govt ministry|
|Officeholders||Babul Supriyo (Minister of State), Prakash Javadekar (Minister)|
|Departments||Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education, National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management|
Indian Council for Medical Research(ICMR) to allow COVID-19 vaccines with 50% efficacy
- ICMR approves COVID-19 vaccines with 50-100% efficacy. According to ICMR, no respiratory vaccines have 100% efficacy.
- According to the World Health Organization, a vaccine should have three things namely safety, efficacy and immunogenicity. Immunogenicity is the ability of a foreign substance to trigger the immune response.
|Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Secretary and Director General||Dr. Balram Bhargava|
|Founder||Government of India|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India-UK Water Partnership Forum discuss on water conservation
- The India-UK Water Partnership Forum was recently held. The forum discussed on developing water infrastructure in India. The countries linked Memorandum of Understanding between Ganga and British waters.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
India conducts successful flight test of ABHYAS
- The Defence Research and Development Organization conducted a successful flight test of ABHYAS- High speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) vehicle at the Balasore test range in Odisha. This can now be used as a target for evaluation of missiles.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
From finance to healthcare, India is adopting automation at a global pace: ET-ILC members
- As per a McKinsey report, automation is transforming economies and the workforce – in fact, 60% of all occupations have at least 30% of their activities that can be automated. And in addition to that there are jobs that are only possible with AI and ML because they’re beyond human capabilities.
- During the global Covid-19 pandemic, when medical research had to be accelerated or algorithms had to be tweaked remotely to carry out banking transactions, every industry has relied on automation.
- Data science platforms can analyze over trillion data points in real-time and provide actionable solutions – whether it is related to data management, predictive maintenance or building new products.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor to be commissioned in 2022
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Atomic Energy and Space Shri Jitendra Singh in a written reply said that the Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor is to be commissioned by October 2022.
- The reactor was constructed by Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Limited (BHAVINI). When commissioned, the reactor will add 500 MW of power to the national grid. The commissioning of the reactor is getting delayed due to technical issues.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
Cyanobacteria: Cause of death in 330 Botswana Elephants
- More than 330 elephants died in Botswana. The first mass death of these elephants were reported in May 2020 when a group of 169 elephants were found dead. Later in July 2020, another 281 were reported to have died mysteriously.
- The authorities have found that Cyanobacteria is the cause of death in these 330 elephants. The death of the elephants happened around the Okavango delta.