Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
WORLD BLOOD DONOR DAY – On this day, Every year on JUNE 14th, countries around the world celebrate World Blood Donor Day. It serves to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products and to thank blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood.
NATIONAL STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE DAY – National Strawberry Shortcake Day on June 14th each year lands at the peak of strawberry season. While we are able to get strawberries all year long now, the best strawberries are those picked from April to June. These bright red berries during this time are sweeter and more flavorful.
NATIONAL BOURBON DAY – On this day, recognizes the Official Spirit of America. Like Scotch, Cognac, and some other spirits, Bourbon must meet certain standards and be produced in a specific geographical region to earn its name. Bourbon is a whiskey that is only so when it’s distilled in the United States.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- PM reviews COVID-19 situation in the country; Asks officials to augment testing, number of beds & services to handle a peak of the pandemic.
- HM held meeting with Delhi LG, CM to discuss the corona crisis; Centre decides to immediately provide 500 railway coaches to Delhi for Covid-19 patients.
- PM instructs Health Ministry officials to undertake emergency planning for COVID-19 in consultation with States, UTs.
- The recovery rate of COVID-19 crosses at more than 50% in the country.
- NDA govt has taken several landmark decisions including the abrogation of Article 370 for development of J&K: Defence Minister.
- Monsoon covers most parts of Maharashtra; Gujarat receives widespread rains
- Institute of Company Secretaries postpones its June session examinations till August
- WHO: Coronavirus mutations not expected to alter vaccine efficacy.
Current Affairs: INDIA
Jammu and Kashmir: Launches J&K Poultry Policy 2020
- Govt of Jammu and Kashmir recently launched the Poultry Policy, 2020. The Government has provided operational guidelines under the policy to promote the establishment of poultry units.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Government has announced Rs 50 crores of subsidy per annum to establish broiler farms and its allied activities. The policy aims to generate employment in the territory.
|Capitals||Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)|
|J & K was a region formerly administered by India as a state from 1954 to 2019, constituting the southern & southeastern portion of the larger Kashmir region, which has been the subject of a dispute between India, Pakistan, & China since the mid-20th century.|
State-of-the-art Flood Warning System launched in Mumbai
- iFLOWS- Mumbai, a state-of-the-art Integrated Flood Warning System for Mumbai was launched jointly by Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Uddhav Thackeray, and Union Earth Sciences Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan on 12 June through video conference.
|Benefits of iFLOWS||(I)Using this device, the floods can be estimated 3 days in advance, at ward-level.|
(II)Decision Support System will enable smart decision-making and field action based on risk assessment
(III)iFLOWS flood warning system is developed by the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES).
|Mumbai||City in Maharashtra|
|District||Mumbai City; Mumbai Suburban|
Centre launched Aarogyapath for healthcare supply chain
- Govt of India has launched Aarogyapath, a web-based solution for the healthcare supply chain that provides real-time availability of critical supplies.
- Aarogyapath is available on CSIR National Healthcare Supply Chain Portal. The portal Aarogyapath was developed in partnership with Sarvodaya Infotech.
(I) AarogyaPath will serve manufacturers, suppliers, and customers.
(II) The aim is to tackle the national health emergency that has arisen out of the COVID-19 pandemic, where the critical items may be compromised due to a variety of reasons.
(III) AarogyaPath aims to provide a path that leads one on a journey towards Aarogya (healthy life). it has been developed to address these challenges.
Centre directs all 8 North Eastern States to set-up e-office
- Centre has directed all the 8 North Eastern States to set up e-office in a stipulated timeframe. The announcement was made by Union Minister of State for Personnel, PG and Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh.
- The e-office project will be a cardinal pillar of Digital India.
NHAI becomes first construction sector organization to go Fully Digital
- The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has announced that it has gone Fully Digital as it has launched a unique cloud-based and Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered Big Data Analytics platform ‘Data Lake and Project Management Software’.
|Sector||Indian National Highway System|
|Purpose||Development and maintenance of national highways|
|Agency executive||Sanjeev Ranjan (Chairperson)|
Current Affairs: Sports
India remains 108th in the FIFA Rankings
- India retained in the 108th spot in the latest FIFA world rankings which was revealed for the month of June. India has 1187 points.
- Belgium has topped (remains) the FIFA Rankings.
- Not many changes were noted in the FIFA ranking as international matches have been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The men’s national teams in association football are ranked based on their game results with the most successful teams being ranked highest.
- The next world FIFA ranking is expected to be released on 16 July.
|Top 5 countries of the ranking|
|FIFA President||Gianni Infantino|
|Founded at||Paris, France|
|Senior Vice-President||Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa (AFC)|
Current Affairs: International
Deforestation of Amazon Forest: Highest in 5 years
- The National Institute of Space Research (INPE) announced that the increase in deforestation of Amazon forests has been the highest in 2019 as compared to the last 5 years.
- The research institute has found that deforestation has increased by 91 square kilometers in 2019 as compared to 2018. In 2019, around 829 square kilometers of the forest has been deforested.
|National Institute of Space Research (INPE) Founded||April 22, 1971|
Current Affairs: Business
RBI sets up panel to review ownership, the corporate structure of Private sector banks
- Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has constituted 5 member Internal Working Group to review the guidelines related to ownership, governance, and corporate structure of private sector banks.
- In a press release, RBI informed that RBI Central Board Director P K Mohanty will head the committee, which will submit its report by Sep 30, 2020.
|RBI Central Board Director – P K Mohanty|