Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
United Nations Day – On this day, Every year, the United Nations Day is celebrated on October 24. This year, 2020, marks 75 years of effective working of the United Nations. The UN Day denotes the commemoration of UN Charter coming in to force.
- Union Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel dispatches “Life in Miniature” project; miniature paintings at National Museum in Delhi can seen on Google Arts & Culture app
- CBSE presents facial acknowledgment frameworks for getting to advanced archives by understudies
- Joginder War Memorial on 1962 Sino-India War introduced at Bum La in Arunachal Pradesh; Sub Joginder Singh was presented ‘Param Vir Chakra’, the most elevated heroism grant’
- Ministry of Earth Sciences dedicates Flash Flood Guidance administrations for South Asian nations
- Maharashtra pulls back broad agree to CBI; organization will presently need to move toward the State government on case-to-case premise looking for authorization
- 20th Amendment to Sri Lanka’s Constitution passed by parliament; envisages expansive powers and greater immunity for the Executive President
- FATF (Financial Action Task Force) keeps Pakistan on “greylist” till next audit in Feb 2021
- India chose Chairman of Governing Body of ILO (International Labor Organization) for October 2020-June 2021
- EU climate clergymen consent to make the alliance’s 2050 net zero outflows target lawfully official
- Britain signs Japan trade agreement with Japan; its first big post-Brexit deal
- Centre imposes stockholding limits on onion retailers (2 tons) and wholesalers (25 tons) till Dec 2020
- Foreign exchange reserves contact life time high of USD 555.12 billion in the week finished October 16
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Punjabi version of Age Appropriate Fitness Protocols launched
- To cause individuals to get mindful about the wellbeing and wellness mantra Punjab Sports and NRI Affairs Minister, Shri Rana Gurmit Singh Sodhi dispatched Punjabi adaptation ‘Old enough Appropriate Fitness Protocols’
- This convention is for all age bunches under fit India development under the activity of Sports Authority of India (SAI) and National Institute of Sports (NIS) Patiala.
|Punjab||State of India|
|Chief minister||Amarinder Singh|
|Governor||V. P. Singh Badnore|
Joginder War Memorial inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh
- On October 23, 2020, an Indian Army war dedication called the Joginder War Memorial was initiated at Bum La, Arunachal Pradesh. It was initiated by the Joginder Singh’s daughter. Joginder singh – He was granted Param Vir Chakra posthumously. He joined the British Indian army in 1936. He served the first battalion of Sikh regiment. During the 1962 Sino Indian War, he was a leader. He drove his dwarfed Troops against the Chinese and protected his post till he was injured and caught. He passed on in Chinese authority. He was respected with the Param Vir Chakra for his dauntlessness of taking care of 50 Chinese men alone.
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar|
|Union territory||January 21, 1972|
|Chief minister||Pema Khandu|
Mizoram observes ‘COVID-19 – No Tolerance Fortnight’
- Mizoram state government has decided to observe ‘COVID-19 -No Tolerance Fortnight.’ It is going to begin from October 26 as a containment measure to flatten the curve of Covid-19 in the state. Mizoram govt has agreed zero-resistance strategy to ridiculing any COVID-19 regulation measures being actualized and upheld.
- All Unlock Guidelines, all Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) and all sections of the Mizoram Containment and Prevention of COVID-19 Ordinance, 2020 will be enforced very strictly.
- The meeting expressed concern over the opening of some classes (Class X and XII) in schools and also the increased vehicular traffic in Aizawl city and suggested that these need to be reviewed in a more detailed manner.
IIT Kharagpur in Partnership with TCS Sets New Trends in Manufacturing Sector
- IIT Kharagpur has created novel Industry 4.0 innovation for distantly controlled processing plant tasks and constant quality remedy during modern creation, together with TCS to set another pattern in India’s serious assembling area.
- The current advancement overhauled the mechanical cycle of erosion mix welding to a multi-tactile arrangement of Industry 4.0.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
FATF: Pakistan to remain on “Grey List”
- On October 24, 2020, the Financial Action Task Force decided in favor of Pakistan to stay under “dark rundown” of the association. The choice was taken as Pakistan neglected to agree to all the 27 boundaries set by the FATF. It has finished just 21. Prior, the asia-pacific gathering of FATF presented a report named “Follow up report on common assessment of Pakistan”.
- The report is first of its kind. The decision of putting Pakistan under grey list was taken based on this report.
|Pakistan||A country in South Asia|
|Prime minister||Imran Khan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Indian Navy’s first bunch of three ladies pilots was prepared
- The Indian Navy’s first bunch of ladies pilots on Dornier Aircraft at Kochi on October 22, 2020. The Indian Navy has prepared its first clump of three ladies pilots for Maritime Reconnaissance (MR) missions on Dornier airplane.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Bharat Biotechs Covaxin gets approval for stage 3 clinical preliminaries
- The antibody created by Bharat Biotech in a joint effort with the Indian Council Of Medical Research (ICMR) — Covaxin, has been cleared for the third period of clinical preliminaries.
- Covaxin, the indigenous COVID-19 immunization up-and-comer has gotten a gesture for Phase-3 clinical preliminaries in the nation. The antibody is created by Bharat Biotech as a team with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
|Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Secretary and Director General||Dr. Balram Bhargava|
|Founder||Government of India|
CBSE acquaints facial acknowledgment framework with access reports carefully
- The “Facial Recognition System” is presently accessible on Parniaam Manjusha and Digi storage at digilocker.gov.in/cbse-certificate.html for every one of the 2020 records. The CBSE – Central Board of Secondary Education has presented “Facial Recognition System” which will empower understudies to download their advanced scholarly records of classes 10 and 12.
- The PC application coordinates a human face from a computerized picture that is now put away in the information base. The PC and human collaboration with one another to plan facial highlights.
- Further, a live picture of the understudy will be coordinated with the photo on the CBSE concede card previously put away in the store, and once effective, the authentication will be messaged to the understudy.