Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
World Maritime Day – On this day world Maritime day is celebrated annually to provide an opportunity to focus attention on the importance of shipping & other maritime activities and to emphasize a particular aspect of the work of the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
Top One-Line Headlines
- Indigenously developed laser-guided anti-tank guided missile of 4 km range test-fired from MBT Arjun Tank by DRDO in Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
- EAM S. Jaishankar addresses 15th CII-Exim Bank digital conclave on India-Africa Project Partnership
- Manish Sisodia’s condition stable, to undergo another COVID-19 test in couple of days
- PM Modi, Ayushmann Khurrana in Time’s magazine list of ‘100 Most Influential People’ of 2020
- Delhi riots: Court sends Umar Khalid to judicial custody till Oct 22 in UAPA case
- SC terms ‘frivolous’ PIL on rising suicides in IITs, imposes Rs 10K fine on lawyer
- 1.75 lakh Forest Rights claims rejected by state governments
- Michael Lonsdale, who played James Bond villain in Moonraker (1979), dies at 8
- US, EU, others quiz India’s pulses import curbs, sugar subsidies
- The world can no longer afford to keep the WTO in a ventilator: Pradeep Mehta, CUTS International
- CPI should continue as the anchor for monetary policy and interest rate decisions: RBI paper
- Govt removes the restriction on check-in baggage on domestic flights
- Real estate sector hopes for revival after the announcement of Film City in Noida
- Indian courts will see through all these hyper-technical stands being taken by the family: Valli Arunachalam
- Jaguar Land Rover set to drive in iconic SUV Defender in India next months jaguar Land Rover set to drive in iconic SUV Defender in India next month
- Indian Oil is betting on plastics as it looks to diversity from a challenging fuel business
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Comptroller and Audit General Report: 40% of toilets in Government schools unused
- On September 23, 2020, the Comptroller and Audit General submitted its report to both the houses. The report was titled “Construction of Toilets in Schools by the CPSEs”.
- CPSEs are Central Public Sector Enterprises. The report found gaps in the construction of toilets by the CPSEs. Over seven CPSEs were employed in the task. They were NTPC, Oil and Natural Gas, Power Grid Corporation, NHPC, Power Finance Corporation, Coal India Limited, and REC limited.
|Comptroller and Audit General(CAG)||Corporation|
|Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Founder||Constitution of India|
|Appointer||President of India|
Prime Minister Modi eases State Disaster Relief Fund to help states
- On Sep 23, 2020, Modi met with chief ministers of seven states that have a high incidence of COVID-19 virus. More than 63% of active cases of COVID-19 are concentrated in these seven States. They are Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Delhi & Uttar Pradesh.
- During the meet, the Prime Minister announced that the limit of use of SDRF (state disaster response fund) is being increased from 35 % to 50%. This will help the states in COVID-19 related infrastructure.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India-Australia hold Naval Exercise, PASSEX in Indian Ocean Region
- India and Australia held a mega Naval Exercise, PASSEX in the Indian Ocean Region. It involved complex naval maneuvers, helicopter operations and aircraft drills.
- The Naval Exercise is to be conducted for two days.
|Australia||Country in Oceania|
|Prime minister||Scott Morrison|
|Mains electricity||230 V/50 Hz|
Pakistan govt files money laundering case against Shahbaz Sharif, family
- The Pakistan government has filed a Rs 7 billion (USD 41.9 million) money laundering case against the Leader of the Opposition Shahbaz Sharif and his family. Shahbaz, 69, is the younger brother of former premier Nawaz Sharif. He served as chief minister of Punjab from 2008 to 2018.
- Adviser to the Prime Minister on Interior and Accountability Shahzad Akbar on Wednesday said that Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) PML-N President Shahbaz and his sons Hamza and Salman were involved in money laundering through fake accounts, but he (Shahbaz) always pretended to have nothing to do with their businesses, the Dawn newspaper reported.
|Pakistan||A country in South Asia|
|Prime minister||Imran Khan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers approved to set up Plastic Parks Scheme
- The Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers has recently approved to set up ten plastic parks in the country. The parks are being set up under the Plastic Park scheme that was launched in 2019. The plastic parks or to be set up in Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand.
- A plastic park is a zone of industries that is dedicated to plastic and related sectors. Out of the 10 plastic parks 6 are being implemented currently in the above-mentioned States. The draft plan for the rest of the four is under processing.
|Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Departments||Department of Pharmaceuticals, Department of Fertilizers, Department of Chemicals & Petro-Chemicals|
|Officeholders||Rao Inderjit Singh (MOS independent charge), Mansukh L. Mandaviya (Minister of State)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Magicbricks App registers 10 million downloads
- Banglore: Magicbricks, A real estate portal has clocked a new milestone by emerging as India’s largest growing real estate App with more than 10 million App downloads.It is the first Indian real estate App to achieve this milestone and 1.65 million properties in the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
Australia: 380 whales dead due to Mass Stranding
- On Sep 23, 2020, around 380 whales died in southern Australia due to mass stranding. The complete pod of Pilot whales that were stuck in Macquarie Harbour has perished.
- Mass Stranding of whales is a natural behavior of whales that have been occurring in Australia and New Zealand. The reasons for mass stranding is still unknown. This is the highest largest mass stranding recorded in Tasmania, Australia.