Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
WORLD ELDER ABUSE AWARENESS DAY – Every year, the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is celebrated on June 15 by the United Nations. The day is celebrated to raise awareness about the neglect and abuse of older persons.
NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY DAY – On this day, The North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA) along with millions of photographers & photography lovers across the nation observe Nature Photography Day on June 15th.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Home Minister Amit Shah to chair an all-party meeting today to review the management of coronavirus in Delhi.
- Center orders house-to-house health survey in Containment zones of national capital to improve contact mapping.
- Delhi Govt withdraws decision declaring nursing homes with bed strength between 10 to 49 as COVID centers.
- Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput dies at 34 in Mumbai; debut movie: ‘Kai Po Che!’ (2013), last movie: ‘Chhichhore’ (2019)
- Viral message on social media claiming reimposition of strict Lockdown is false.
- NCLT allows Jet Airways to sell its premises in Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) in Mumbai to settle debts.
- TPG to buy 0.93% equity stake in Jio Platforms Ltd for ₹4,546.80 crores; L Catterton to buy 0.39% for ₹1,894.50 crores.
- Donald Trump considering suspending H1B, other visas: Report
- 2nd wave fears as China reports most new cases in months.
- Nepal’s upper house of parliament endorses a proposal to update its political map that includes Indian territories located in Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh district.
Current Affairs: INDIA
Punjab Govt: “Ghar Ghar Nigrani”: Mobile Application launched
- Punjab Govt has launched the “Ghar Ghar Nigrani” mobile application to undertake house to house surveillance to eliminate the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The mobile application was launched by the Punjab CM Amarinder Singh. The application is to be used as a tool for early detection and testing of COVID-19 and prevent community spread.
|Punjab CM||Amarinder Singh|
|Governor||V. P. Singh Badnore|
Remdesivir now a part of COVID-19 therapy in new health protocol
- The Union Health Ministry has recently included Remdesivir as a part of investigational therapy and updated the Clinical Management Protocol of COVID-19 patients.
- The ministry has also added loss of taste and loss of smell as two key symptoms of COVID-19 infection.
|Hydroxychloroquine||It is a medication used to prevent and treat malaria in areas where malaria remains sensitive to chloroquine.|
Indian Gaurs facing Mutation
- India with the help of Worldwide Fund had recently held an estimation exercise of Indian Gaur in the Nilgris forest division of Tamil Nadu. This is the first estimation exercise being held in the region. According to the exercise, there are around 2,000 Gaurs across the division.
- The report says that the animals in the region are prone to human-animal conflicts due to habitat loss, fragmentation. The Indian Gaurs in the region, specifically are inhabiting tea estates and human settlements.
Current Affairs: International
Mission Sagar: INS Kesari returns to Port Louis of Mauritius to embark Indian Navy Medical Team
- As part of Mission Sagar, Indian Naval Ship Kesari returned to Port Louis, Mauritius, today to embark the Indian Navy Medical Team, which was disembarked during her last visit to Port Louis on 23 May 2020.
- The 14-member medical team comprising specialist doctors and paramedics was disembarked at Port Louis with an aim to assist in the management of COVID-19 pandemic, share expertise to help contain the spread of the disease and minimize risk to life.
Current Affairs: Defence
Defense Budget: Pakistan’s misplaced priorities
- The Defence Budget document shows that the defense outlay for 2020-21 would be Pakistani Rs 1,289 billion as compared to Pakistani Rs 1,152 billion earmarked for the ongoing fiscal year.
|Prime minister||Imran Khan|