Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL BRAVE DAY – On this day, fourth Friday in Sep, National BRAVE Day honors women who lift each other up, rescue each other and make each other BRAVE. Sometimes just a flutter of encouragement comes in the form of timely guidance from another woman.
- PM says farm bills to benefit small, marginal farmers most, attacks Opposition
- SC refuses to entertain plea for deferment of Bihar Assembly polls
- Congress backs Bharat Bandh, Rahul Gandhi says new agriculture laws will ‘enslave’ farmers
- PM Modi’s ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ important initiative: International Monetary Fund
- After PM Modi’s diktat, Karnataka plans to scale up testing for Covid-19
- International civil aviation body advises Pakistan to suspend issuance of new pilot licenses
- EAM Dr. S. Jaishankar addresses World Economic Forum Development Impact Summit
- EAM Dr S Jaishankar participates in Special Ministerial Meeting of FMs of CICA (Conference on Interaction & Confidence Building Measures in Asia)
- Al-Qaeda in Indian Subcontinent only capable of small-scale regional attacks: US official
- Ex-mill tur dal prices touch Rs 100 per kg in Karnataka, Maharashtra
- Government asks industries to sign undertaking on following green norms
- CACP wants review of government procurements, Centre wants them unchanged
- Bharti Airtel regains active mobile users crown from Jio in June: Trai
- Indian Oil Corp seeks petrol after BPCL’s post-hiatus purchase
- Maruti WagonR CNG version crosses 3 lakh cumulative sales mark
- Telecom bankruptcies worth $6 billion left hanging as ministries argue over airwaves
- Former Australian batsman Dean Jones dies at 59; played in 52 Tests and 164 ODIs
- PM launches Age Appropriate Fitness Protocols on 1st anniversary of the Fit India
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
MoS for Railways Suresh Angadi passed away
- Minister of State (MoS) for Railways Suresh Angadi passed away on 23 September. He died of Covid-19, became the first union minister to succumb to the deadly virus. He was 65-year-old.
Kerala wins United Nations Award for Control of Non-Communicable Diseases
- Kerala won the United Nation Interagency Task Force Award for its outstanding performance in controlling non-communicable diseases related Sustainable Development Goals.
- The award recognised achievements of the state during 2019 in the prevention and control of Non communicable Diseases and mental health. The State has facilities at all levels to treat lifestyle diseases starting from public health centres to hospitals. The State was able to control the death rate of COVID-19 as it focused in Non-Communicable Diseases.
|Kerala||State if India|
|Chief minister||Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Governor||Arif Mohammad Khan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
On 26 September India, Sri Lanka to hold virtual bilateral summit
- PM Modi and PM’s Sri Lankan counterpart Mahinda Rajapaksa is to hold a virtual bilateral summit on 26 September 2020. This summit will be the first official engagement after parliamentary elections in Sri Lanka.
- The virtual bilateral summit between India and Sri Lanka will provide an opportunity to the two leaders to comprehensively review the broad framework of the bilateral relationship.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
RBI releases Cyber Security Vision Framework for Urban Cooperative Banks
- On September 25, 2020, the Reserve Bank of India released Cyber Security Vision Framework for Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs). The apex bank has taken four different guiding principles in order to formulate the framework.
- This is because the heterogeneity of UCBs in India in terms of regions, size, digital depth and financial health is huge. A “one size fits all” approach would not be appropriate while prescribing cyber security in the country.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
|Founded||April 1, 1935, Kolkata|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
FM Nirmala Sitaraman allows five states to raise financial resources through Open Market Borrowings
- FM Nirmala Sitaraman recently allowed five states to raise additional financial resources of Rs 9,913 Crs such as Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tripura and Goa.
- The states were granted permission as they have successfully implemented One Nation One Card System. The Central Government has been helping the states largely post pandemic. COVID-19 was declared as “notified disaster” under Disaster Management Act.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Allowed to share GPay customer transaction info with 3rd parties with NPCI permission: Google to HC
- New Delhi: Google India Digital Services Pvt Ltd, which operates the GPay app, has told the Delhi High Court that it is allowed to share customers transaction data with third parties with the prior permission of NPCI and payment service providing (PSP) banks.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India successfully conducts testing of Prithvi II missile
- India recently conducted the test fire of Prithvi II missile, developed indigenously and was successful. The test was conducted at Chandipur Integrated Test Range, Odisha.
- The missile struck a range of 350 km. The test fire was one of the routine exercises. The trajectory of the missile was tracked by electro optical tracking systems, radars and telemetry stations of DRDO. The launch activity was carried out by Strategic Force Command of Army and was carried out by scientists of Defence Research Development Organization.