Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL FUDGE DAY – National Fudge Day comes around each year on June 16th, allowing you to indulge in your favorite flavor of this delicious confectionery. Some of the most familiar fudge flavors are chocolate, chocolate nut, peanut butter, maple, and maple nut. Fudge lends itself to experimentation when it comes to flavors.
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF FAMILY REMITTANCES – Every year, the International Day of Family Remittances is observed on June 16 by the United Nations. The day is observed all over the world. This year the day is celebrated under the theme Theme: Remittances are a lifeline
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- WPI (Wholesale Price Index)-based inflation was –3.21% in May 2020
- Pune Postal Dept. dispatches 1343 boxes of Covid-19 testing kits across the country.
- PM Modi to interact with CMs of all states, UTs tomorrow & day after.
- Govt will take all necessary steps to check the spread of COVID-19 in Delhi: HM Amit Shah.
- Exports in May 2020 fall 36.47% to $19.05 bn, trade deficit down to $3.15 bn.
- CBIC (Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs) launches e-Office to automate internal file handling.
- Airtel Payments Bank launches ‘Suraksha Salary Account’ for the workforce of MSMEs
- Railways transport more than 60 lakh migrants through 4450 Shramik Special trains.
- ByteDance discontinuing its Vigo Video and Vigo Lite apps in India
- Tamil Nadu approves ordinance to give Neet quota for govt students.
- CM Arvind Kejriwal rules out another lockdown.
- HC hauls up Telangana govt for cutting pensions, says no law allows it
- India asks Pakistan to return two of its Islamabad based officials to Indian High Commission immediately.
- India joins Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) as a founding member
- Paris restaurants and cafes reopen as Macron accelerates lifting of lockdown
- Azerbaijan’s Mamedyarov Shakhriyar wins Sharjah World Stars online chess tournament; India’s P. Harikrishna 2nd
Current Affairs: INDIA
India: 1st infectious disease Diagnostic Lab
- The first disease diagnostic laboratory is ready to be launched. The mobile laboratory was constructed under the scheme Atma Nirmar Bharat Abhiyan launched by PM Modi.
- The laboratory aims to promote and support the idea of becoming self-sufficient in difficult times. It was constructed in a record time of 8 days. The laboratory was built with the assistance of the Department of Biotechnology.
Advisory Panel on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) reconstituted
- Govt of India recently reconstituted the advisory panel on corporate insolvency resolution and liquidation process.
- The IBBI recently reconstituted the advisory panel by inducting four members. The committee was constituted in 2017 and is chaired by a noted banker Uday Kotak. The new members include Crisil MD Ashu Suyash, former chief economist at NSE Nirmal Mohanty, Edelweiss Group chairman Rashesh Shah and L&T Director R Shankar Raman.
|IBBI – The IBBI is a regulator that oversees insolvency proceedings in the country. It was established in 2016 under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. The IBBI board includes 10 representatives. It includes representatives from Reserve Bank of India, Ministry of Finance, law and corporate affairs.|
|IBBI Regulatory agency executive||M. S. Sahoo, Chairperson|
|Founder||Parliament of India|
|Founded||October 1, 2016|
HIL India Ltd. supplies 25 MT Malathion 95 percent ULV Insecticides to Iran for Locust Control Programme
- HIL (India) Limited, a PSU under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, has supplied 25MT Malathion 95% Ultra-low volume (ULV) to Iran under Government-to-Government initiative for Locust Control Programme.
- HIL (India) Limited is supplying Malathion 95% ULV to the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare Locust Control Programme in India. From the year 2019 to date, the HIL company has supplied more than 600 MT of Malathion 95% ULV for this program.
India joined GPAI to support the responsible and human-centric development and use of AI
- India has joined as a founding member and launched the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI or Gee-Pay).
- Under this move, India has joined along with the league of leading economies including Australia, the US, the UK, European Union (EU), Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Korea, Singapore.
|Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI)||It is an international and multistakeholder initiative to guide the responsible development and use of AI, grounded in human rights, inclusion, diversity, innovation, and economic growth.|
Rapid Antigen Test Kits recommended
- the Indian Council of Medical Research recommended the use of Rapid Antigen test kits along with RT-PCR in containment zones.
- The Antigen test kits will allow faster diagnosis. They will reduce laboratory examinations. The maximum time taken by the Rapid antigen test to interpret positive or negative is 30 minutes.
|Antigen Test Kits||The Antigen Test kits were developed by a South Korea based company SD Biosensor. Just like the RT-PCR test of COVID-19, the antigen testing also looks for virus rather than the antibodies. Antigens are foreign substances that induce the immune system in the body.|
Current Affairs: International
Russia-India-China Trilateral Conference
- The External Affairs Minister of India Shri S Jai Shankar is to hold a joint virtual conference with his Russian and Chinese Counterparts on June 22, 2020.
- The Minister is expected to discuss the recent standoff between Indian and Chinese militaries at the border. The meeting is being convened with the initiative of Russia. The countries will also discuss regional issues and synchronize their views on regional stability.
|External Affairs Minister of India||Shri S Jai Shankar|
|Russia President||Vladimir Putin|
|Prime minister||Mikhail Mishustin|
France is fully reopening its economy: French President Emmanuel Macron
- French President has announced that France is fully reopening its economy, including all restaurants, to accelerate the country’s recovery after the virus crisis.
- President said restaurants in the Paris region will be allowed to open indoor seating starting today. Until then, only outdoor seating was permitted.
- Restaurants in other French regions have already reopened. All nursery schools, primary schools, and junior high schools will be open From June 22, and mandatory for all students – instead of classes capped to small groups and many children staying at home.
|French President||Emmanuel Macron|
|Currencies||Euro, CFP franc|
Current Affairs: Business
India’s first gas trading platform launched
- The Indian Energy Exchange launched the first gas trading platform. The platform was inaugurated by the Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan
- The Indian Gas Exchange, the online gas trading platform will act as a subsidiary of the Indian Energy Exchange and is to be launched in July 2020.
- It will be the first online gas trading platform for physical delivery of natural gas. The trading of natural gas in the platform is to be done in rupees. The minimum lot size allotted is 100 million British Thermal Unit (MBTU).
|Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas||Dharmendra Pradhan|