Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
GLOBAL GARBAGE MAN DAY – On this day, during Global Garbage Man Day, the world takes time to recognize the dedicated efforts of the men and women who keep our communities clean. We describe the experts who collect the garbage, recyclables, and castoffs from our homes and neighbourhoods by several names.
NATIONAL EAT YOUR VEGETABLE DAY – On this day, falls in the middle of National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month. Today’s celebration is one more opportunity to remind everyone to continue with this part of a healthy diet.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- PM Modi to interact with CMs of 15 remaining States, UTs to further discuss COVID-19 pandemic.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh pays homage to martyred soldiers in Galwan Valley.
- COVID-19 National recovery rate reaches to 52.79%; 5 states, UTs register above 72%.
- PM Modi to address the nation on 21st June on the occasion of International Yoga Day
- India summons Pakistan envoy, protests torture of Two High Commission officials.
PM Modi to CMs: Focus on lives, livelihood and health infrastructure as India gets back on track.
Dexamethasone could be the miracle drug to reduce the COVID-19 mortality rate.
- North Korea blows up an inter-Korean joint liaison office in its border town of Kaesong
- UN chief expresses concern over reports of violence at LAC between India, China
Current Affairs: INDIA
Centre launched Feedback Call Centres on COVID-19 Public Grievances
- Union Minister of State (MoS) for Personnel, PG and Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh launched the Feedback Call Centres on Public Grievances on 15 June. Recently, the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) reached the milestone of redressing one lakh COVID-19 Public Grievances.
- DARPG collaborated with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) to operationalize Feed Back Call Centers in Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Ajmer, Guntur, Coimbatore and Guntakal with 1406 call centre operators.
|BSNL CEO||Pravin Kumar Purwar (Jun 2019–)|
|Founder||Government of India|
|Subsidiaries||BSNL Mobile, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, BSNL Tower Corporation Limited|
divyangjan under ADIP Scheme: Centre distributed assistive aids and devices
- Govt of India has taken special measures to benefit the welfare scheme for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) amidst the prevailing unprecedented situation faced by society due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A virtual ADIP Scheme for free distribution of assistive aids and devices at Block level for Divyangjans under the ADIP scheme was organized at Talwandi Bhai Block of Firozpur district in Punjab.
COVID-19: Fifth Recession of India
- Since Independence in 1947, India has faced four recessions. According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the recessions occurred in 1958, 1966, 1973 and 1980.
- Recession is defined as the fall in economic activities of the country along with a decline in sales, income and employment. India has so far seen four such negative GDP growth. In 1958, the GDP growth was -1.2%, in 1966 it was -3.6%, in 1973 it was -0.32% and in 1980 the GDP growth was -5.2%.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
|Founded||April 1, 1935, Kolkata|
High Court seeks EIA on Lonar lake colour change
- The Bombay High court recently sought report on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of Lonar lake from the National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) and GSI (Geographical Survey of India).
- The expert team from the Geographical Survey of India and NEERI are to examine the findings of glass formation on the surface of the lake.
|Bombay High Court Chief justice||B. P. Dharmadhikari|
|Founded||August 14, 1862|
Current Affairs: International
Fifth State of Matter observed by NASA scientists
- The NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) scientists in the International Space Station unveiled the first results of Bose-Einstein condensate experiments under which the particles can be manipulated free from Earthly constraints.
|Bose-Einstein Condensates||Bose-Einstein Condensates were predicted by Indian Mathematician Satyendra Nath Bose and Albert Einstein almost a century ago. The BEC is a state of matter that is typically formed when a gas of bosons is cooled to temperatures close to absolute zero.|
|NASA Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Founder||Dwight D. Eisenhower|
|Founded||1 October 1958, United States|
India joins Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence
- India joined the Global Partnership of Artificial Intelligence as a founding member.
- The other leading member countries that joined along with India are the UK, USA, European Union, Australia, France, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Italy, Republic of Korea, Singapore, New Zealand, etc.
- The Gee-Pay or GPAI-Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence is a multi-stakeholder initiative that will guide the development of Artificial Intelligence.
Current Affairs: Business
UN: India Nineth largest recipient of FDI in 2019, will continue to attract investments
- India received 51 billion US dollar in foreign investment in 2019. UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) in its report said it was the world’s 9th-largest recipient of Foreign Direct Investments (FDI).
KVIC rolls out unique project to produce Neera, Palm jaggery
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has rolled out a unique project to produce Neera and Palm jaggery which has huge potential to create employment.
- The project that aims at promoting Neera as a substitute to soft drinks while also creating self-employment to Adivasis and traditional trappers was launched at Dahanu in Palghar district of Maharashtra.
|Purpose||To plan, promote, facilitate, organise and assist in the establishment & development of khadi & village industries|
Current Affairs: Sports
Sports Ministry all set to establish Khelo India State Centres of Excellence
- The Sports Ministry is all set to establish Khelo India State Centres of Excellence under the Khelo India Scheme.
- One such centre will be identified in each State and Union Territory with an aim to create a robust sporting ecosystem in the entire country.
- The Sports facilities in eight states including Karnataka, Odisha, Kerala, Telengana, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram & Nagaland which will be upgraded into Khelo India State Centre of Excellence.
|Officeholder||Kiren Rijiju (MOS independent charge)|
|Founded||May 27, 2000|
|Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Departments||Department of Children & Youth Affairs, Department of Youth and Sports Development|