Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL SCARF DAY – On this day, recognizes the power of the scarf. Whatever ur style, a scarf is the best way to express yourself, make a statement or update your look.
- PM Modi addresses 75th United Nations General Assembly; calls for India’s inclusion as a permanent member of UN Security Council.
- L. Adimoolam (Health and The Antiseptic publication) elected president of the Indian Newspaper Society.
- Economist and former chairperson of ICRIER (Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations) Isher Judge Ahluwalia dies aged 74; Padma Bhushan awardee (2009)
- Shiromani Akali Dal snapped ties with NDA ‘out of compulsion’: Sukhdev Dhindsa
- India extends $15 mn assistance to Sri Lanka for promoting Buddhist ties
- Three million Uyghurs detained in concentration camps by Beijing: Activist
- UK India Business Council signs MoU with West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation (WBIDC)
- NCAER sees GDP shrinking by 12.6% in 2020-21, falling in three remaining quarters
- Centre offers processed moong, urad to states at subsidised rate for retail sale
- Finance Ministry may provide capital support to some PSBs in third quarter
- LVB crisis deepens as shareholders vote out current management
- Swedish furniture retailer IKEA to adopt omni-channel approach for expansion in India
- BPCL pays for defaulting Videocon in Brazil oil block
- Power plants, non-regulated sector consumers agree to substitute imported coal with CIL supply
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
JIMEX 2020: India-Japan Bilateral Maritime Exercise commences
- The bilateral Maritime Exercise, JIMEX, conducted between India & Japan biennially is to be in the North Arabian Sea between Sep 26, 2020 & Sep 28, 2020.
- JIMEX will show high level joint operational skills and high degree of inter-operability between the countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Infosys’s data and analytics business is now worth nearly $3 billion
- BENGALURU: Infosys NSE 3.70 %’s data and analytics (DNA) practice, which started five years ago, has grown into a nearly $3 billion service line, employing over 20,000 employees. The revenue is almost a quarter of the company’s total business.
Reserve Bank of India to introduce: Positive Pay System” to check Cheques
- RBI is to introduce “Positive Pay System” from Jan 2021. The system makes it mandatory to re-confirm key details of cheques that need payments beyond Rs 50,000.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
|Founded||April 1, 1935, Kolkata|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority(NPPA) caps prices of oxygen cylinders
- NPPA capped the prices of oxygen cylinders & medical oxygen cylinders.
- The demand of medical oxygen in India has increased by 4 times due to COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, demand for medical oxygen in the country has increased from 750 metric tons per day to 2,800 metric tonnes per day.
|National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority(NPPA)||Government agency|
|Founded||29 August 1997|
|Agency executive||Shubhra Singh (Chairperson)|