Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
WEAR BLUE DAY – On this day, Men’s health is the focus of Wear BLUE Day on June 14th. By wearing blue, you are saying you support the men in your life to lead a healthy lifestyle, and you care about their well-being. As part of the campaign that includes Men’s Health Month and Men’s Health Week in June, Wear BLUE Day encourages us to take stock of our health choices and become more aware of health risks.
NATIONAL WATCH DAY – On this day, National Watch Day recognizes an industry that has been around for more than 500 years and is steadily evolving. Even with the advent of smartphones and smartwatches, the classic wristwatch signals individual taste, culture, and a rich history that cannot be disputed.
NATIONAL FLIP FLOP DAY – On this day, Each year on the 3rd Friday in June, National Flip Flop Day encourages us to wear our favorite flip flops and show them off! Thong style sandals are by no means new to footwear. They’ve been around for thousands of years. However, the term “flip flop” has applied to flat-soled sandals with straps between the first and second toes and across the top of the foot since the 1960s. The term also describes someone who changes their mind or an electronic component.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- PM Narendra Modi convenes an all-party meeting today to discuss the situation along the India-China border.
- India asks China to confine its activities to its side of LAC.
- Tamil Nadu govt imposes full lockdown in Chennai & its suburbs.
- PM Modi says yoga provides multidimensional solutions to Covid-19.
- Elections for 19 Rajya Sabha seats spread over eight states to be held today
- UNSC permanent and non-permanent members congratulate India and three others on election win.
Current Affairs: INDIA
India 9th largest recipient of FDI in 2019 reports UN
- The UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) reported that it was the world’s 9th largest recipient of foreign direct investments (FDI) in the year 2019 in its World Investment Report 2020. India has received $51 billion in foreign investment in 2019.
- As per the report, the global FDI flows are forecast to decrease by up to 40% in 2020 against $1.54 trillion in 2019.
India ranked 43rd on the IMDs World Competitiveness Index
- India ranked 43rd on the Institute for Management Development’s (IMD) 2020 World Competitiveness Index ranks. It stated that the continued low ranking of India is due to the traditional weaknesses such as insufficient education investment and poor infrastructure.
- The Index was topped the 63rd edition of IMD rankings. Denmark ranked 2nd. It secured 8th rank in 2019.
KVIC taps with Indian Palm Industry to boost employment opportunities
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) launched a unique project at Dahanu in Palghar district of Maharashtra, a state with more than 50 lakh palm trees. Under the project, Neera and Palmgur will be produced in India.
- Neera and Palmgur have huge potential to create employment in the country.
The Aim of the project to promote Neera as a substitute for soft drinks. It is aimed to generate self-employment to Adivasis and traditional trappers.
National Employment Policy
- The Ministry of Labour is to fast track the National Employment Policy. The main idea of framing the National Employment Policy is to lay out a roadmap that will provide incentives for employment generation.
- The policy will aim at absorbing an additional 5 million workforces every year. Also, the policy will focus on formalizing 500 million workforces in the country. It will also ensure social security and job security for them.
- The policy will frame a road map to provide incentives for employment generation. Also, the policy will focus on the challenges thrown by the COVID-19
Solar Eclipse in India
- The Earth is to witness an annular solar eclipse on June 21, 2020. The eclipse is to be the deepest as the moon is to cover 98.8% of the sun.
- The eclipse to occur on June 21, 2020, will be visible in many parts of India. The eclipse is to continue for 6 hours. The eclipse is to be visible to states such as Rajasthan, Haryana, and Uttarakhand. To the rest of the country, the eclipse is to be partial.
Current Affairs: Sports
AIFF recommends IM Vijayan for Padma Shri
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) recommended former Indian football team captain IM Vijayan for Padma Shri, which is India’s fourth-highest civilian award.
|IM Vijayan||IM Vijayan scored 40 goals in 79 matches for India since making his debut in the early 90s. IM Vijayan has won the Arjuna award in 2003. He was also awarded the Indian ‘Player of the Year’ in the year 1993, 1997 & 1999. The 51-year-old former striker had scored 4 goals to emerge as the top scorer in the Afro-Asian Games which was held in India in 2003. It was his last appearance for the country.|
|Previous awardees:||6 Indian footballers namely Sailen Manna in 1971, Chuni Goswami in 1983, PK Banerjee in 1990, Bhaichung Bhutia in 2008, Sunil Chhetri in 2019, and Bembem Devi in 2020, have won the Padma Shri.|