Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL COFFEE DAY – On this day, Whether getting one to go or lingering over a second cup, on Sep 29th be sure to observe National Coffee Day! Ah, the perfect cup of java.
- New farm laws will boost employment for Bihar’s youth: Devendra Fadnavis
- Home Minister Amit Shah meets top officials to discuss key issues
- Bihar polls: ‘Mahagathbandhan’ seat sharing talks hit roadblock
- Fourth United States judge issues order blocking Postal Service cuts
- NHAI invites bids for TOT-5, its smallest ever bundle of road assets for monetisation
- Govt saves Rs 6000 Cr or 50% of funds allocated for skilling scheme
- Telcos say spectrum available in mid-band for 5G grossly inadequate; want 80MHz per telco
- Saudi Aramco is committed to $44-bn Ratnagiri refinery-cum-petrochemicals complex: Project CEO
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Government of India to increase public health care expenditure from 1.15% to 2.5% by 2025
- On September 27, 2020, the Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan announced that GoI is to increase the health care expenditure in the country by 2.5% of GDP by 2025. Currently, the government is spending 1.15% of GDP to fulfil health care needs.
Comptroller and Audit General (CAG) Report: Gujarat Tree Cover shrank between 2006 and 2017
- CAG recently submitted its reports at both the houses of the parliaments. According to the report, forest cover in Gujarat decreased between 2006 and 2017.
|Comptroller and Audit General(CAG)||Corporation|
|Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Founder||Constitution of India|
|Appointer||President of India|
On Sep 28, 2020 – India pays homage to Bhagat Singh on his birth anniversary
- India paid homage to Bhagat Singh on his birth anniversary. PM Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah.
- About Bhagat Singh – Bhagat Singh was an Indian Socialist revolutionary who shot 21-year old British Police officer John Saunders in Lahore.
Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation releases “Health in India” report
- GoI recently released a report titled “Health in India”. The main objective of the report was to gather quantitative information on India’s health sector.
|Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation||Officeholder: D. V. Sadananda Gowda (Minister)|
|Founded||15 October 1999|
|Departments||Department of Statistics, Department of Programme Implementation|
On Sep 28, 2020, Vaccine portal launched in India
- The Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched a vaccine portal for COVID-19. The portal aims to create awareness among masses.
- The portal will provide vaccine related information. This will include efforts made in India towards vaccine development against COVID-19.
- Alongside, the Minister also launched a history timeline of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) displaying key milestones and programme interventions. The timeline depicted 108 year journey of the council. Also, a history book was launched on the 100-year journey of ICMR.
|Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Secretary and Director General||Dr. Balram Bhargava|
|Founder||Government of India|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Lebanon PM-designate Mustapha Adib steps down amid failure over govt formation
- The Prime Minister-designate of Lebanon, Mustapha Adib has announced his resignation following his failure to form a new cabinet.
- Mustapha Adib, Lebanon’s former ambassador to Germany, was selected for the post on 31 August 2020.
- The previous government led by Hassan Diab resigned following the Beirut port blast on August 4 that killed some 200 people and left thousands homeless.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Defence Minister releases new Defence Acquisition Procedure
- On Sep 28, 2020, the Defence Minister Raj Nath Singh released a new Defence Acquisition Procedure, 2020. It has special incentives for products that are designed & developed by Indian vendors.
- Also, the procedure includes manufacturing category that encourages foreign investors and manufacturers to set up manufacturing facilities in the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Tech Mahindra: ITI will be able to produce 4G, 5G equipment in a few months
- NEW DELHI: IT company Tech Mahindra is in advance stage of sharing technology with ITI Limited NSE 6.95 % & said the state-run electronics manufacturing entity will be ready to make 4G and 5G equipment in a few months, a senior official of the Mahindra group firm said.
Asian Development Bank Approves $570 Million Loans for Urban Projects in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh
- The Manila-headquartered Asian Development Bank (ADB) said it has approved two loans totalling $570 million (about Rs 4,200 crore) for urban sector projects in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
- The $300 million loan has been approved to finance inclusive water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in secondary towns of Rajasthan.
- It has approved a $270 million loan for construction of water supply and integrated storm water and sewage management infrastructure in Madhya Pradesh.
|Asian Development Bank(ADB) Headquarters||Mandaluyong, Philippines|
|Founded||December 19, 1966|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
India’s Sandalwood trees facing serious threats from Sandalwood Spike Disease
- The Sandalwood Spike Disease (SSD) has infected several aromatic sandalwood trees in Kerala and Karnataka. This was founded based on the study by Institute of Wood Science and Technology.
- According to the study, the sandalwood trees in Marayoor forests of Kerala and several other forest regions in Karnataka are heavily infected with SSD. The disease is caused by bacterial parasites that are transmitted by insect vectors. Currently there is no option but to cut down and remove the infected tree to prevent the spread of the disease.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Valtteri Bottas wins Russian Grand Prix 2020
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) has won the Formula One Russian Grand Prix 2020 held on 27 September 2020. This is his 2nd win of the season.
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) came second followed by the 6-time world-champion Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain), who stood third because of penalties.