Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
U.S. BOWLING LEAGUE DAY – On this day, league bowlers across the United States recognize U.S. Bowling League Day on September 3rd. Primarily an outdoor sport until around 1840, the game was called ninepins & was popular with gamblers. To snuff out the gambling, the state of Connecticut banned the game in 1841. As a result, indoor lane owners added one pin to their alleys to circumvent the la
- Justice Arun Mishra passed key verdicts as Supreme Court judge in high-profile cases
- Banned 118 apps on security, surveillance, data concerns: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- GST: Karnataka to follow Option One, meet reform-linked timelines for additional borrowing, says Home Minister
- US further restricts Chinese diplomats travel, meetings
- PM Modi’s new regime for businesses looks to lighten compliance burden
- Domestic fintech deals have doubled to $1.7 billion during January-June, says report
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to meet heads of banks, NBFCs on loan recast on Thursday
- Adani Group plans to raise $1 billion via sale of equity to fund takeover of Mumbai airports
- Ashok Leyland lines up new products, aims to de-risk biz from future downturns
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Ladakh & Lakshadweep were integrated to “One Nation One Ration Card Scheme”
- Sep 1, 2020, Ladakh and Lakshadweep were integrated in the One Nation One Ration card scheme. With this a total of 26 states and union territories are now connected with each other under the scheme.
- The 26 states & UTS that are connected under One Nation One card scheme are Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Tripura, Telangana, Sikkim, Rajasthan, Punjab, Odisha, Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Lakshadweep, Ladakh, Kerala, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Gijarat, Goa, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Bihar and Andhra Pradesh.
|Region in Jammu and Kashmir|
|Union territory||31 October 2019|
Under Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPDA Yojana approved 27 Integrated Cold Chain Development Projects
- GoI approved 27 projects under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana. Under the project, integrated cold chains are to be developed.
- The new projects will generate direct and indirect employment for 16,000 people. It will benefit 2,57,000 farmers. These projects will help to boost farmer income and will help make India self-reliant in fruits & vegetable sector. The projects will leverage investment of Rs 743 crores to create modern innovative infrastructure and cold chain facilities for food processing sector.
India to extend flagship jobs programme in villages to cities to help workers left unemployed
- GoI announced that it is to extend flagship jobs programme in villages to cities in order to help the workers left unemployed due to the pandemic.
- The programme when approved will initially be rolled out in smaller cities. This step is expected to cost 4.8 billion USD initially. However, it will benefit 121 million Indian who lost their jobs in April due to the pandemic.
National Crime Records Bureau releases data on Farmer Suicides
- NCRB released the data on farmer suicides. This is a part of the report Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India published by NCRB.
- The National Crime Record Bureau released ‘’Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India” report in October 2019. However, it did not include the data on farmer suicides. This created huge controversies in the country. The data about farm suicides were available only till 2015. The data of farm suicides of 2016 was submitted by NCRB to the Government in early 2018. However, it was not published.
|National Crime Records Bureau(NCRB)||Government agency|
|Founded||11 March 1986|
|Agency executive||Ramphal Pawar, IPS, Director;|
|Parent department||Ministry of Home Affairs|
Union Cabinet approves National Programme Services Capacity Building “Mission Karmayogi”
- The Union Cabinet approved National Programme Services Capacity Building called “Mission Karmayogi”.
The mission is to be launched with the following institutional framework
- Public Human Resource Council headed by the Prime Minister
- Capacity Building Commission
- Coordination Unit headed by the Cabinet secretary
- Special Purpose Vehicle to own and operate digital assets
- Coordination unit headed by a cabinet secretary
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
India-Nigeria agreed to deepen ties on defence, energy & counter terrorism
- India and Nigeria agreed to deepen their cooperation to counter terrorism, piracy and insurgency to boost trade exchanges.
- The countries agreed to their cooperation in defence equipment, maintenance services and medical. They also agreed on regular exchange of information to counter terrorism, insurgency and piracy. During the meet, Nigeria appreciated donation of essential medicines to India. In July 2020, India donated 50 million USD worth essential medicines to Nigeria to fight COVID-19.
|Country in West Africa|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
Indian Astronomers discover the farthest star galaxy “Astrosat”
- India’s first multi-wavelength satellite “Astrosat” detected extreme Ultra Violet light from a galaxy located 9.3 billion light years away from the earth. The galaxy is called AUDFs01.
- India was able to achieve the discovery as the background noise in the UVIT detector of the satellite is very less. It is lesser than that of the Hubble Space Telescope.